• 1 Post By Ludo_Mansio
  • 1 Post By scalle
  • 1 Post By Pacurar
  • 1 Post By Samson1865

Thread: League Sorting

Rookie

League Sorting

Hi all,

Does anyone know how teams are sorted into leagues each season? I understand that teams are all from the same server but I have had the same 6 or 7 teams with me for the last few seasons (level 28 currently) and they have all tanked at some point and are way too strong now which means I can only realistically qualify for champions league at best each season even though I have built a strong side and spend a lot of time in the game making sure my team is prepared.

Is it worth lowering the starting teams average quality when the new season is created or do I need to tank like these other teams have to have a realistic chance of competing for the title again? I would hate to have to do that and I did really enjoy the competitiveness of playing the same one or two teams each season and competing with them but the teams that have clearly tanked are taking the fun out of the league

i know how you feel bro... But its a sad story... you have to face it.. one cant win every league... win some loose some...

There are a few things you could try before resorting to tanking. First, if those teams you come up against are in your friends list then remove them before the new season. In theory, one of the factors going in to league draws is putting friends together. You could also try a little bit of draw manipulation. We really shouldn't have to, but if you try to keep some very low quality players in you reserves (ideally 20% or lower), you can have a clear out of some of your good players at the end of the season. Leave 6 or 7 of your first team and 7 or 8 of the low quality reserves and your league draw will be much easier. I think the draw works on the average quality of your top 14 players (but that might be old information now). It does mean you have to rebuild your team at the start of the season, but it will definitely change the league opponents you're drawn with. You could try the same manipulation on a less extreme level too, maybe keeping 8 or 9 good players - your draw won't be so easy, but you should be kept away from the players you're trying to avoid. Finally, take a break for a season, then come back and rebuild. You're not tanking, but the break should change who you get drawn with in the league the season after.
    Leedsmariner likes this.

Apprentice
    League Sorting-93702218_2426941880738716_6160919235066331136_n.jpg

And what about this one??He started with 157 and me with 106 , how it's possible?
    And i get the same guy in league,cup and cl so.....

Please do something about this kind of teams,put them all in the same league.
    Leedsmariner likes this.
    SEASON => 75
    LEAGUE WON => 36 ; 2ND place => 5 ; 3RD place => 5
    CL WON => 20 ; 2ND place => 6 ; 3RD place =>6
    SUPE LIGUE WON => 2
    CUP WON => 14 ; 2ND place => 6 ; 3RD place => 6
    SUPERCUP => 1

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludo_Mansio View Post
    There are a few things you could try before resorting to tanking. First, if those teams you come up against are in your friends list then remove them before the new season. In theory, one of the factors going in to league draws is putting friends together. You could also try a little bit of draw manipulation. We really shouldn't have to, but if you try to keep some very low quality players in you reserves (ideally 20% or lower), you can have a clear out of some of your good players at the end of the season. Leave 6 or 7 of your first team and 7 or 8 of the low quality reserves and your league draw will be much easier. I think the draw works on the average quality of your top 14 players (but that might be old information now). It does mean you have to rebuild your team at the start of the season, but it will definitely change the league opponents you're drawn with. You could try the same manipulation on a less extreme level too, maybe keeping 8 or 9 good players - your draw won't be so easy, but you should be kept away from the players you're trying to avoid. Finally, take a break for a season, then come back and rebuild. You're not tanking, but the break should change who you get drawn with in the league the season after.
    Removing friends from my list didn't help, the new league is almost identical to the last few seasons with the same 4 or 5 teams that have previously tanked and are so far ahead of every other team and are pretty much unbeatable. It's frustrating that people that haven't developed their squads in the right way gain such a big advantage

Rookie
    if they are an average of 140 with the first 11 players and the other 3 players wich complete the first 14 players for the draw are low quality like 1% they will draw with teams much lower than them like 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Leedsmariner likes this.

Rookie
    Hopefully this seasons sorting is better- the same team has won the last 3 leagues without losing a game! It really does spoil the game

Apprentice
    Be wary of lowering your quality though, I did it this season because I wasn't happy with my midfield, Ive been trying to get rid of all my old players and my scout last couple of seasons (scout players are from when I didn't know the in and outs of training players and finding fast trainers and rookie mistakes lol) Anyway as I said I lowered my quality this season not necessarily to get a fairer draw because I did well last season but just so I could build a youthful team with fast trainers so I'm not constantly spending tokens every season and I've succeeded but the league draw I have got this season is very underwhelming it just looks to easy and it's kinda spoilt the game for me, doesn't seem like a challenge, although it will allow me to collect reaources to maintain my team next season with good squad rotation. The only saving grace is that my cup and CL are very competitive. Easier is not always better, it takes the fun out of it, my team average going into next season will be back to 105% to 110% for a competitive league. Although I've only had 1 season with a team as bad as the one you have got and that was season 2 so I feel for you

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samson1865 View Post
    Be wary of lowering your quality though, I did it this season because I wasn't happy with my midfield, Ive been trying to get rid of all my old players and my scout last couple of seasons (scout players are from when I didn't know the in and outs of training players and finding fast trainers and rookie mistakes lol) Anyway as I said I lowered my quality this season not necessarily to get a fairer draw because I did well last season but just so I could build a youthful team with fast trainers so I'm not constantly spending tokens every season and I've succeeded but the league draw I have got this season is very underwhelming it just looks to easy and it's kinda spoilt the game for me, doesn't seem like a challenge, although it will allow me to collect reaources to maintain my team next season with good squad rotation. The only saving grace is that my cup and CL are very competitive. Easier is not always better, it takes the fun out of it, my team average going into next season will be back to 105% to 110% for a competitive league. Although I've only had 1 season with a team as bad as the one you have got and that was season 2 so I feel for you
    I agree with you that lowering your quality too much makes it boring. Try keeping it over 100 % up to 110 % for the best experience. Still though, you might run into tankers like I did this season in the cup.

The positive thing is, their players won't increase their attributes much as they're not playing them in official games except in the cup while my players will gain plenty until I bump into them. So my team will catch up some of the deficit. I'm also watching all their games in the cup to understand their preferred formations and tactics. When time has come, I'll be well prepared and will be able to come up with a masterplan. I'm confident I'll be able to beat them in due time.

The only negative is that they seem to have a bandwagon of fans while I only have a handful of in-game friends. So possession will unfortunately overwhelmingly be in their favour.

Skickat från min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post
    I agree with you that lowering your quality too much makes it boring. Try keeping it over 100 % up to 110 % for the best experience. Still though, you might run into tankers like I did this season in the cup.

The positive thing is, their players won't increase their attributes much as they're not playing them in official games except in the cup while my players will gain plenty until I bump into them. So my team will catch up some of the deficit. I'm also watching all their games in the cup to understand their preferred formations and tactics. When time has come, I'll be well prepared and will be able to come up with a masterplan. I'm confident I'll be able to beat them in due time.

The only negative is that they seem to have a bandwagon of fans while I only have a handful of in-game friends. So possession will unfortunately overwhelmingly be in their favour.

Skickat från min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk
    I don't understand why it's so easy though on paper at least, other teams on my buddies list finished with lower quality teams than me and still got a competitive league, I didn't really want to lower it in the first place I just needed a new midfield and the cash to buy the next season (this season) like I said at least my cup and CL is harder and the 1st season in platinum will keep me interested. I'm hoping a couple of teams start to upgrade in the league to make it interesting (I've been lucky with tankers in the past, I've had them in my league 2 last season but they have never been in my cup so far lol but I'm keeping my eye on one who might be tanking in my cup this season because he's hiding a very good team) I hope you beat your tankers this season good luck
    Last edited by Samson1865; 08-18-2020 at 05:43 PM.
    Arphaxad likes this.