Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Season 131 - Are you ready?

Addicted
    Just played the cup final. My opponent had been on a tear all the way to the final. His setup looked like a 4-3-2-1 (AMC x2), but was a 3-1-3-2-1 in reality. We usually play 4-2-3-1 but changed to 4-1-2-2-1 (AML/AMR) going into this one in order to counter his two AMCs.

The game ended 1-0 in our favour. Although only scoring one goal, we were in total control of the game.

With five games left in the league the season is coming to an end for us since we secured the league title yesterday already. Now we can focus on planning for the coming season. We have some tough decisions ahead as we'll participate in the Champions League as well. Our main concern next season is whether we should focus on building our team for the future or become contenders immediately. I don't see us being able to fight on three fronts the coming season. If decisions have to be made, CL and the cup will be priotitized.

Whichever will be the case (decision will be made in the coming days) we'll build our team around mainly four players:

Gareth Williams
    A 18 yo DC/DMC brought in this season. A fast trainer who'll be a great addition for many seasons. Potential future captain.

Renato Vieira
    A 18 yo DL brought in this season. A fast trainer and stable player. Had great offensive skills for a wingback. Will not need much training to be ready for the coming season. Potential future captain.

Saeid Talebnasab
    A 18 yo MC/DMC brought in this season. A fast trainer and versatile player. Great defensive and offensive skills. Demands some training to be in shape for the coming season as we'll need to maintain all three blocks. Potential future captain.

Manuel Marcusson
    A 18 yo ML/AML brought in this season. A fast trainer and the team star. He's the top goal scorer and assist king this season. Will probably win the league's top goal scorer. A centrepiece in our offense. Will require little training to be in shape for the coming season as he has great skills already.

In addition to these four players we have the following at our disposal which will demand some decision making:

Hajy al-Rashad
    A 19 yo DC/DMC who was at the club when I took over. The team's current captain. Will probably have to let go of him going into the next season as he has a good market value which I want to take advantage of.

Omar el-Idrissi
    A 24 yo DR/MR/AMR who was brought in this season. He's a versatile player who has contributed a lot to the team's current success. Being 24 yo he still has a good market value which I plan to take advantage of.

Robin Vojacek
    A 23 yo MC/MR/AMR who was brought in this season. Also a very versatile player who has been urilised all over midfield. Being 23 yo, he still has a good market value which we'll take advantage of.

So basically three versatile players with good market value will leave. I'm expecting to collect approximately 2,5-2,7M for them and replace them with older players. We'll have to make some smart planning and decisions to cover their positions. In addition to those positions, we'll have to strenghten our GK situation. This solution will probably be short term until we sort out our rest pack situation.

Depending on my rest pack situation, I plan to bring in one fast trainer next season. Ideally, I'd like to find either a DL/DC/DR or a MC/AMC.

I'm not sure how we'll approach the next season yet. Rest packs are scarce. We'll have to evaluate our players' quality in relation to the available amount of rest packs by the end of the season in order so set proper goals for the season ahead. Another factor is competition: three fronts will demand Resources. Depending on competition we'll have to prioritize. It's either fighting for titles immediately, which will deplete our resources, or staying put and build for the future for one season.
    Last edited by Arphaxad; 05-19-2020 at 01:25 PM.
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonemesis View Post
    Hi guys,
    Sorry to place this topic here but I cannot find an answer anywhere
    else. Unfortunately there is one thing I cannot get through or understand. I AM on level 21, the other team I own is on level 20. I completely forgot about it until now.
    As you know IT might be a great opportunity to transfer players between these two teams.
    What I see is that I can make offers only for some players for some teams from a lower level team divisions.
    Here is the question, do you know why and what can I do? I am guessing that my teams are on different servers but not sure
    Well, I am not sure, but what I do know is that you can’t bid for players below 3* or higher than 5*, so that is why their is a lock on players below or above those limits.

I have seen some players who are in the quality limit range that are locked, I am not sure why that is but that is all I know I suppose.
    Siddharth Singh likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post
    Just played the cup final. My opponent had been on a tear all the way to the final. His setup looked like a 4-3-2-1 (AMC x2), but was a 3-1-3-2-1 in reality. We usually play 4-2-3-1 but changed to 4-1-2-2-1 (AML/AMR) going into this one in order to counter his two AMCs.

The game ended 1-0 in our favour. Although only scoring one goal, we were in total control of the game.

With five games left in the league the season is coming to an end for us since we secured the league title yesterday already. Now we can focus on planning for the coming season. We have some tough decisions ahead as we'll participate in the Champions League as well. Our main concern next season is whether we should focus on building our team for the future or become contenders immediately. I don't see us being able to fight on three fronts the coming season. If decisions have to be made, CL and the cup will be priotitized.

Whichever will be the case (decision will be made in the coming days) we'll build our team around mainly four players:

Gareth Williams
    A 18 yo DC/DMC brought in this season. A fast trainer who'll be a great addition for many seasons. Potential future captain.

Renato Vieira
    A 18 yo DL brought in this season. A fast trainer and stable player. Had great offensive skills for a wingback. Will not need much training to be ready for the coming season. Potential future captain.

Saeid Talebnasab
    A 18 yo MC/DMC brought in this season. A fast trainer and versatile player. Great defensive and offensive skills. Demands some training to be in shape for the coming season as we'll need to maintain all three blocks. Potential future captain.

Manuel Marcusson
    A 18 yo ML/AML brought in this season. A fast trainer and the team star. He's the top goal scorer and assist king this season. Will probably win the league's top goal scorer. A centrepiece in our offense. Will require little training to be in shape for the coming season as he has great skills already.

In addition to these four players we have the following at our disposal which will demand some decision making:

Hajy al-Rashad
    A 19 yo DC/DMC who was at the club when I took over. The team's current captain. Will probably have to let go of him going into the next season as he has a good market value which I want to take advantage of.

Omar el-Idrissi
    A 24 yo DR/MR/AMR who was brought in this season. He's a versatile player who has contributed a lot to the team's current success. Being 24 yo he still has a good market value which I plan to take advantage of.

Robin Vojacek
    A 23 yo MC/MR/AMR who was brought in this season. Also a very versatile player who has been urilised all over midfield. Being 23 yo, he still has a good market value which we'll take advantage of.

So basically three versatile players with good market value will leave. I'm expecting to collect approximately 2,5-2,7M for them and replace them with older players. We'll have to make some smart planning and decisions to cover their positions. In addition to those positions, we'll have to strenghten our GK situation. This solution will probably be short term until we sort out our rest pack situation.

Depending on my rest pack situation, I plan to bring in one fast trainer next season. Ideally, I'd like to find either a DL/DC/DR or a MC/AMC.

I'm not sure how we'll approach the next season yet. Rest packs are scarce. We'll have to evaluate our players' quality in relation to the available amount of rest packs by the end of the season in order so set proper goals for the season ahead. Another factor is competition: three fronts will demand Resources. Depending on competition we'll have to prioritize. It's either fighting for titles immediately, which will deplete our resources, or staying put and build for the future for one season.
    Congrats mate with the cup win
    Arphaxad likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonemesis View Post
    Hi guys,
    Sorry to place this topic here but I cannot find an answer anywhere
    else. Unfortunately there is one thing I cannot get through or understand. I AM on level 21, the other team I own is on level 20. I completely forgot about it until now.
    As you know IT might be a great opportunity to transfer players between these two teams.
    What I see is that I can make offers only for some players for some teams from a lower level team divisions.
    Here is the question, do you know why and what can I do? I am guessing that my teams are on different servers but not sure
    As far as i know the teams hace to be on the same server,
    Siddharth Singh likes this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Singh View Post
    Tomorrow we have 2 important games.

CUP finals and a League game against no 2 on our League table. If we win this game then League will be ours.

Winning quadruple is fine but this season we have an opportunity to win the sextuple - Quadruple + Friendly League + King of the Hill.

Let's see which lucky club is able to pull off this feat.
    Good day for us. We won our CUP final and our all important League game.
    Last edited by Siddharth Singh; 05-19-2020 at 02:45 PM.
    Nebu and Arphaxad like this.

Won cup final 5-0 to lift what is only the 4th cup of my long manager career.

Looking for another double this season of cup and league after last seasons CL and league...

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post

Looking for another double this season of cup and league after last seasons CL and league...
    Congratulations !!

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.
    The Nebuchadnezzar exploring T11

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post

Congrats, good luck for the rest of the season, it must have been painful the previous seasons when you lost but it is nice to see you win it.

Max
    Well, just a brief update, we won again, it was a 0-4 win this time, no Cup Final for me today unfortunately but that is to be expected, I was in a +1 level cup, I think I did well to get to the Quarter Finals. so that win in the league leaves me still in second position with KAPAMANTAΛΑ still to play, in fact that game is tomorrow along with another game against them, tomorrow will be nervy for sure.

We have the advantage in the CL Semi Final with a 2-0 win from the first leg, but I can assure you all that this is nowhere near done, they can still very easily knock me out along with ending my league title ambition for good.

For the second leg tomorrow I have a full strength starting eleven that I can use. I can’t say the same for the league, Savićević is suspended so I will need to put on Fathalli instead, he is an equally good MC, just 7% weaker, but he has the potential to score quite a few goals, but he also picks up a lot of yellow cards, hopefully he doesn’t cost us the game.

I’ll update you all once the second leg is finished of what the outcomes of both games were, either I am still left standing or they put the final nail in the coffin into our season, we’ll see, I’d say the person that runs KAPAMANTAΛΑ had a forum account, they may say similar things to what I said, these two games will decide how successful we will be in either of our seasons.

That is my season now.

It will be bittersweet if we beat him, it is good seeing him doing well but I can’t sacrifice my own ‘success’ in the game for him.
    We’ll see how it goes. Like I mentioned I’ll let you know how I got on.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Sadly out of CL so this season I will only enjoy the CUP and League trophy.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast