Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Will yellow card in Cup disappear midway?

  1. #1
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    296

    Will yellow card in Cup disappear midway?

    If let's say my key player carries a yellow card early in the Cup stages and after that maintains good attitude for next few Cup matches, will his yellow card disappear automatically after a few Cup matches?

    Coz if not, if he chalks up another yellow just before the all-important Cup final, then I will lose that key player for the final. It will be a devastating blow to my club's hope of winning the Cup.

  2. #2
    Champion Max McClean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    2,517
    Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    If let's say my key player carries a yellow card early in the Cup stages and after that maintains good attitude for next few Cup matches, will his yellow card disappear automatically after a few Cup matches?

    Coz if not, if he chalks up another yellow just before the all-important Cup final, then I will lose that key player for the final. It will be a devastating blow to my club's hope of winning the Cup.
    No, the yellow cards that your player has in the tournament will not disappear until the season after, if he gets another one, he will get suspended.

    Only thing is, if your player gets his second yellow card of the tournament in the final, that suspension he got won’t apply as the tournament would be over.

    Otherwise, if he gets another card before the final, he will get suspended for the following match. (May not necessarily be the final) but you know that I mean.

  3. #3
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    493
    No card won't disappear.

  4. #4
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    No, the yellow cards that your player has in the tournament will not disappear until the season after, if he gets another one, he will get suspended.

    Only thing is, if your player gets his second yellow card of the tournament in the final, that suspension he got won’t apply as the tournament would be over.

    Otherwise, if he gets another card before the final, he will get suspended for the following match. (May not necessarily be the final) but you know that I mean.
    Oh no! In that case, the tactically wise decision is to let a yellow-carded key player skip the second semi-final (if against not too strong opponent team or if first part is secured) to save him up for the final.

  5. #5
    Champion Max McClean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    2,517
    Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    Oh no! In that case, the tactically wise decision is to let a yellow-carded key player skip the second semi-final (if against not too strong opponent team or if first part is secured) to save him up for the final.
    Yes, that is what you should do if he isn’t suspended before that, it may be a good thing if he gets suspended before a couple rounds before the final, because then, you don’t have to worry about suspensions any,ore, unless you have bad luck.

    I would bench him if my lead was comfortable enough.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk