Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SuperDunk

Thread: What is a good season ?

Rookie

Question What is a good season ?

I am level 76 , I last won a trophy 5 seasons ago since then I have been in a league with at least six other clubs from the previous season .Most seasons I am anywhere between 8th to 10th best team in the league, in all these seasons the teams I played in the previous seasons are getting stronger the top three this season are a minimum of 15% better than I am , all there players have an individual skill and most including the reserves a 7th star .Yes I know it happens ( Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United ) but now my question in all the previous seasons I have qualified for the champions league except for last season when I made the super league, remember I have played these teams a lot over the last 6 seasons they are getting stronger and leaving me behind again that’s ok it happens but what do you class as a good season ? I’m not going to win the league too many of the teams are too good I can get the occasional win sometimes a draw but on the balance the difference tells , I meet these teams in cup and champions league too so no prize there either .is the best I can hope qualification for champions league and quarterfinals of cups? I am quite competitive and don’t like losing but the extra resources these teams put in I refuse to spend , so if this is all that’s left in the game for me , what is a good season and how long can the fun last ?

Dreamer
    you are clearly at the top end of your server. life up there is a drag. i deleted my account (28 days max) and then created a brand new account from level 1 around 18 months ago. i am now level 18 and have already won 40 trophies andloving it. it's like a breath of fresh air starting over. where you are is total depression

Quote Originally Posted by Simon lee View Post
    I am level 76 , I last won a trophy 5 seasons ago since then I have been in a league with at least six other clubs from the previous season .Most seasons I am anywhere between 8th to 10th best team in the league, in all these seasons the teams I played in the previous seasons are getting stronger the top three this season are a minimum of 15% better than I am , all there players have an individual skill and most including the reserves a 7th star .Yes I know it happens ( Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United ) but now my question in all the previous seasons I have qualified for the champions league except for last season when I made the super league, remember I have played these teams a lot over the last 6 seasons they are getting stronger and leaving me behind again that’s ok it happens but what do you class as a good season ? I’m not going to win the league too many of the teams are too good I can get the occasional win sometimes a draw but on the balance the difference tells , I meet these teams in cup and champions league too so no prize there either .is the best I can hope qualification for champions league and quarterfinals of cups? I am quite competitive and don’t like losing but the extra resources these teams put in I refuse to spend , so if this is all that’s left in the game for me , what is a good season and how long can the fun last ?
    Easy answer: Manipulate the draw so you don t play with 13 managers of the same quality. Manipulation is dragging your average best 14 rated players to around 100%, i take further measures and have average best 11 players max 105-107%.
    Bad season- 0 trophies.
    Decent season -1 trophy
    Good season 2-3 trophies
    Excellent season- 4 trophies.
    That is my take on how good a season is.
    Lyricalray likes this.
    I m still around, LOL!

Now i have 3 accounts, 2 months ago i only had one. I revived my old account on which i couldn t farm greens before alongside another account i used to play with my old account.
    This season i m currently the captain of a gold 2 association which will promote to gold 1 this season. I also have my other 2 accounts in the association and i m having my best fun in the game in a while, i don t watch many games anymore and that allows me to concentrate more on my association. Truth be told being captain of my association is a breath of fresh air as i m not obliged to watch the games every week in platinum or otherwise i m kicked.
    I m still around, LOL!

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    i take further measures and have average best 11 players max 105-107%.
    What do you exactly mean that ?

Quote Originally Posted by RaiKo View Post
    What do you exactly mean that ?
    I make sure that the average rating of my best 11 players at the end of the season is around 100%.
    I usually sell around 2-3 players per season but this season i m planning to sell only one.
    For that to work i sell all the bench players i used during the season ( usually are the players from academy) and buy 3* 18-20y old players that throughout the season will get lower and lower in rating by giving them roles and abilities.
    It s usually an average of the best 14 players in your squad, but after one season when i was busted, i m keeping the best 11 players rule. And so far it s working wonders, i ve had couple of trolls on an account, but the other 2 are still on a winning streak.
    Last edited by SuperDunk; 08-01-2020 at 09:26 PM.
    I m still around, LOL!