Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Scripted Games

Rookie

Scripted Games

Anyone else think that the games are scripted? Today, I was engaged in a top of the table clash against a team I've struggled to beat for a number of seasons. Got my tactics spot on and was cruising with a 2-0 lead after 60 mins. All of sudden, my top performer (MC at 9.1 - I'd flooded the midfield) is injured. Then a yellow card for a foul on the edge of penalty area (although I never use Hard Tackling). Opponent scores from the free kick. A minute later its 2-2. So 5 major events (injury, yellow card, free kick, goal, goal) in a matter of a minute, then nothing for the last 30 mins, although I'm in Hard Attacking mode. Makes you think.

Sometimes , the engine , isnt as we think . hard attacking wont make us score more goals , nor easy tackling will avoid the free kicks . A top eleven match is something waaay more complicated , with a lot of factors and parameters , scenarios etc etc
    For official in-game help please refer to Top Eleven Support here.
    I upload top eleven content on my YouTube Channel.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by milpol View Post
    Sometimes , the engine , isnt as we think . hard attacking wont make us score more goals , nor easy tackling will avoid the free kicks . A top eleven match is something waaay more complicated , with a lot of factors and parameters , scenarios etc etc
    Yeh - I get this. My observation was that there was a multitude of events in a couple of moments that all went against me and then nothing for the rest of the game. And so out of context with what proceeded it.

Addicted
    It happens to me 2-3 times per season. Just hope they don't occur in a deciding game. Just happened today. Drew 0-0 against a 42 % inferior team. I had 71 % possession, 88 % pass efficiency, 18 shots on goal. Opposition goalkeeper was MoM with 9,4 rating. Opponent used an odd and unbalanced formation and didn't even attend the game.

Skickat från min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

Addicted
    A second game now where I'm 40 % stronger and my opponent's GK is MoM with +9 rating, I have +70 possession, +15 shots, 90 % passing efficiency. This is ridiculous. First home game in CL at that. And my opponent wasn't present during the game. And I had 6 fans +Mourinho and a full stadium.

Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

Things I have noticed in my years playing this game:

1. Player ratings after 20 minutes. If your opponent ratings are better, your defenders have low ratings (6 & below) and your attackers have a rating of 6 or low 7’s, you are destined to lose especially against a stronger or higher League position team.

2. If the opponent GK has a rating of 7 or above and he is saving everything (especially against a lower ranked or placed team) you’re destined to lose.

3. If you make positional or tactical changes and there is no improvement, you’re destined to lose.

4. If you withdraw your worst rated player (usually a defender) and his replacement player rating immediately drops to below 6.5, you know it’s going to be a bad day.

5. If your GK has a rating of less than 5, you will usually lose.

6. If your opponent scores inside the first 5 minutes, your best player (or GK) is injured very early or you have a player Red carded in the first 10 minutes, you know the game is going away from you.

7. You stand a better chance against a stronger opponent if you do not attend your game. Sometimes against a weaker opponent too as that lessens the chance of a troll result. And it is better for you if the other Manager attends the game whether you watch it or not.

Whilst it is possible to change things in your favour, I have found that the above factors or a combination of them usually means that the game is destined to go against you. I have managed to battle the game engine and swing things my way by recognising these signs very early and changing things quickly, even making a sub inside the first 20 minutes.

Just my observations and by no means hard and fast rules.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1311 View Post

1. Player ratings after 20 minutes. If your opponent ratings are better, your defenders have low ratings (6 & below) and your attackers have a rating of 6 or low 7’s, you are destined to lose especially against a stronger or higher League position team.

2. If the opponent GK has a rating of 7 or above and he is saving everything (especially against a lower ranked or placed team) you’re destined to lose.

3. If you make positional or tactical changes and there is no improvement, you’re destined to lose.

4. If you withdraw your worst rated player (usually a defender) and his replacement player rating immediately drops to below 6.5, you know it’s going to be a bad day.

6. If your opponent scores inside the first 5 minutes, your best player (or GK) is injured very early or you have a player Red carded in the first 10 minutes, you know the game is going away from you.

7. You stand a better chance against a stronger opponent if you do not attend your game. Sometimes against a weaker opponent too as that lessens the chance of a troll result. And it is better for you if the other Manager attends the game whether you watch it or not.

Whilst it is possible to change things in your favour, I have found that the above factors or a combination of them usually means that the game is destined to go against you. I have managed to battle the game engine and swing things my way by recognising these signs very early and changing things quickly, even making a sub inside the first 20 minutes.

About not attending the game, I've really contemplated it. For my second CL leg, I think I'll stay away for the first half and attend the second half and see what happens. It's beyond ridiculous sometimes.

dave1311 likes this.

Rookie

Dave - your so bang on the money, especially with #7. I had a semi final away against a stronger team yesterday. It kicked off at stupid o’clock so I didn’t attend because I was asleep. My opponent’s manager attended with a few of his mates. Woke up in the morning to find that I’d won 7-3. My opponents keeper was rated at 4. This reinforces my view that if you don’t attend the game, your opponents keeper is downgraded. Therefore, I’m
    actually happy when an important game is scheduled at a time I can’t attend so that I don’t get pissed off when my player is inexplicably sent off after 5 mins and concedes a penalty for his troubles.
    dave1311 likes this.

One thing I missed from my list is that sometimes having one of your players sent off early can actually favour you for some reason. I’ve played games where that has happened and my team suddenly picks up.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Addicted
    One thing I missed from my list is that sometimes having one of your players sent off early can actually favour you for some reason. I’ve played games where that has happened and my team suddenly picks up.
    You mean like this, lol? Had a red card. Scored 5.

dave1311 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast