Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Keeper Having A Mare

Rookie

Keeper Having A Mare

One thing that is going to make me abandon this game are the goalkeeper scripts. I’m so sick and tired of losing big games just because my keeper lets every shot on goal in. It’s got to the stage where I’m gonna stop showing up for the big games because my keeper always performs when I’m not there. Has anyone ever developed a reliable keeper or do I just have to put up with this?

I never place much faith in GK ratings no matter how many stars he has. From my earlier post about scripted games, you know when your GK will have a mare and inevitably you will lose is when your GK has a rating of below 6. Even with a win, a GK will rarely get above an 8 rating. On those rare occasions where a troll may occur, the GK will save everything and get a 9 or a 10 rating.
    A 4* GK can (and usually does) perform as well as a 7*. So I never bother power training a GK. I might buy a scout every 3-4 seasons (with one on one stopper SA) but that’s it. In fact only my attacking players ever get fed Greens. GK and defenders are always Scouts.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Addicted
    From what i've seen a GK with higher % than 140% makes some diference

Rookie
    My frustration is based on the fact that you prepare for a big game, deploy a formation to counter how your opponent is lined up, only for the game to become a farce because you know your opponent is gonna score from every attack.

Addicted
    Your keeper is not a horse, not a Mare. He is a nightMare. Mine is a nine star keeper with one to one stopper ability, and he is awesome, preventing crucial goals. But took lots of tokens and training, certainly not a Mare by any standards.

Keeper Having A Mare

I think you missed the mare reference as meaning having a nightmare
    I guess having a 9* GK might make a difference but in my experience this has not made a great deal of difference (I once had an 9* GK and my 5* reserve got better ratings in games even the ones that I won.
    I would be interested to see your 9* GK ratings this season?
    Here are mine.
    Last edited by dave1311; 08-10-2020 at 12:42 PM.
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Rookie
    Out of interest, which skills do you think are the most important for a keeper?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Cained View Post
    Out of interest, which skills do you think are the most important for a keeper?
    I think that all of the GK attributes are important along with Fitness.
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

I’m noticing this game is too much weird. Not really based on manager skills and tactics but just pure random luck. Plus in every season there’s always someone in every competition that have players way stronger than yours, so you’re forced to use money or to spend hours and hours in the game, something that I would evitate honestly. It’s also very rare to win against stronger teams. From the next season i’ll definitely leave.
    pedrolqb likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by StopEleven View Post
    I’m noticing this game is too much weird. Not really based on manager skills and tactics but just pure random luck. Plus in every season there’s always someone in every competition that have players way stronger than yours, so you’re forced to use money or to spend hours and hours in the game, something that I would evitate honestly. It’s also very rare to win against stronger teams. From the next season i’ll definitely leave.
    I agree with most of this. In my view, the main reason for playing this game is to test out your tactics against other active managers, especially teams of a similar quality. But it’s not a level playing field when the engine decides that your keeper is going to turn in a shambolic performance - it ruins the experience. I really look forward to these matches because let’s be honest stuffing an abandoned team 8-0 isn’t the same as playing an active manager that knows his/her stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast