Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Manipulating association draws and games?

Addicted

Manipulating association draws and games?

So, I came across something interesting by accident today. I played a friendly game with my reserves (1% team) yesterday. I didn't substitute my starting eleven until the association draw today. I'm the strongest team in our association, so usually I'm drawn against the strongest team in the opposition association. To my surprise, I was drawn against the weakest team today. I visited our association and noticed that we lost a star. So I visited the other member's teams and nothing had changed. Took a look at my team and noticed that the reserves were still in the line up. I substituted my reserves for my starting eleven and our association gained a star again.

Was I drawn against the weakest team in the opposition association because my reserves were in the starting eleven? Is it possible to manipulate draws against teams this way? I've suspected this before but didn't know why I was drawn against weaker teams, but now it happened again. Is it possible to manipulate draws against whole associations this way as well? The fact that our association lost a star and regained it after I made the substitution makes me think it's this way.

Are individual games withing associations and draws against other associations based on your whole squad or starting eleven and subs? Thoughts/experiences?

Skickat från min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arphaxad; 08-13-2020 at 03:18 PM.
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

rodalopin
    Interesting. On the other hand, it could be a very selfish tactic (not saying in your case, saying that could be used as very selfish) because if you, with the strongest team get drawn the weakest, is gonna be very easy to you, ok, +6 points, but a weaker team in your assoc is going to draw an stronger one, it could be a -6 there then.

In any case, is a very interesting catch. As you said, maybe can be used if works at the assoc level too and get a weaker assoc altogether. Then yeah, that is very helpful!

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by rodalopin View Post
    Interesting. On the other hand, it could be a very selfish tactic (not saying in your case, saying that could be used as very selfish) because if you, with the strongest team get drawn the weakest, is gonna be very easy to you, ok, +6 points, but a weaker team in your assoc is going to draw an stronger one, it could be a -6 there then.

In any case, is a very interesting catch. As you said, maybe can be used if works at the assoc level too and get a weaker assoc altogether. Then yeah, that is very helpful!
    Exactly. I'm more interested in it on an association level.

Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

In my experience that doesn't work as association takes the best players into consideration like league draw at the beginning of the season. (I think its top 11 not top 14 for asso draw though)

But association draw is completely f'ed up in this game. Last weekend for example we won both duels with 36-0 and all other associations were 20-30% weaker on average, compared to our team. And yes we play in platinum league and we are about a lower 7 star association. So we played one high 5 star association and a low 6 star.
    The weekend before 2 of the opponent associations were over 10% stronger on average than our asso, so high 7 star associations. How can this be so different? I absolutely don't understand these draws. One week you are gifted points and it is completely unfair bs for other assos, the next weekend you get insanely tough matchups.
    This weekend seems quite fine regarding % but the opponent association did the thing you did and the single matchups are not fun because of this. I hate this as well. Association for me is the worst game mode, it is completely random and it depends so heavily on the draw. I only play it for the 100T every season...
    Altiplano likes this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    In my experience that doesn't work as association takes the best players into consideration like league draw at the beginning of the season. (I think its top 11 not top 14 for asso draw though)

But association draw is completely f'ed up in this game. Last weekend for example we won both duels with 36-0 and all other associations were 20-30% weaker on average, compared to our team. And yes we play in platinum league and we are about a lower 7 star association. So we played one high 5 star association and a low 6 star.
    The weekend before 2 of the opponent associations were over 10% stronger on average than our asso, so high 7 star associations. How can this be so different? I absolutely don't understand these draws. One week you are gifted points and it is completely unfair bs for other assos, the next weekend you get insanely tough matchups.
    This weekend seems quite fine regarding % but the opponent association did the thing you did and the single matchups are not fun because of this. I hate this as well. Association for me is the worst game mode, it is completely random and it depends so heavily on the draw. I only play it for the 100T every season...
    Thanks for your input. If this is not the case on an asso level, then why did our association have one less star when I had my reserves in the starting eleven but immediately gained a star once I put in my strongest team? All members in our asso are not active and I'm not the captain so I can't demand some trial and errors. But if someone can, they should ask of all their asso members to put in their worst players in the starting eleven and as subs on Thursday to lower the quality and see what happens when the draws are set on Friday.

For the record, this is in platinum as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post
    Thanks for your input. If this is not the case on an asso level, then why did our association have one less star when I had my reserves in the starting eleven but immediately gained a star once I put in my strongest team? All members in our asso are not active and I'm not the captain so I can't demand some trial and errors. But if someone can, they should ask of all their asso members to put in their worst players in the starting eleven and as subs on Thursday to lower the quality and see what happens when the draws are set on Friday.

For the record, this is in platinum as well.

Yeah but this doesn't work. Our opponents did this like I said this week. When draw was made they were displayed as a 4 star association to us, all but 1 had their bench in the starting lineup. Still they have drawn us as a 7 star association for opponent and we didn't do this kind of stuff, and when it comes to best possible lineup it is quite balanced.
    The only thing they achieved is screwing up the single matches, now our strongest plays their 2nd weakest and so on. So essentially it now is up to 2 or 3 narrow matchups and a surprise, instead of all 6 games being thrilling... Imo not worth to do.

Addicted
    Yeah but this doesn't work. Our opponents did this like I said this week. When draw was made they were displayed as a 4 star association to us, all but 1 had their bench in the starting lineup. Still they have drawn us as a 7 star association for opponent and we didn't do this kind of stuff, and when it comes to best possible lineup it is quite balanced.
    The only thing they achieved is screwing up the single matches, now our strongest plays their 2nd weakest and so on. So essentially it now is up to 2 or 3 narrow matchups and a surprise, instead of all 6 games being thrilling... Imo not worth to do.
    Missed that part. Thanks, I guess that concludes it somewhat then. Agree with you, not worth it messing up single match ups. It happened to me by accident now and thought I was on to something. Apparently not, lol.

Der_Ryan_M likes this.

rodalopin
    I was liking the theory of the conspirancy...

Manipulating association draws and games?-2x2jm9.jpg

...now I am just dissapointed.
    Der_Ryan_M and Arphaxad like this.

Sadly the draw is so tough for my association this weekend that we will probably lose 36-0 on both days if we don't manipulate the match ups for the finals. I think it's gonna be a tokenless month for me. We only need 25 points to stay in platinum but it doesn't look possible.

Apprentice
    Same thing happened to me I put a young team out to get the 10 goals in special sponser, asso draw was made and I got drawn against weakest team, even if you change your team back to your 1st choice there is a delay by about a hour before you regain your star in association

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast