Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The game is faked!

It is not only about % quality
    White skills matter more and also formations , counters etc
    Basically strategy n team building matters

Rookie
    I agree with this. I hardly get any troll results. I get annoyed when me keeper lets every shot in goal in, but like you say, this can happen in real life.
    Last edited by Citizen Cained; 08-16-2020 at 07:04 AM.
    Samson1865 and WiseSif like this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Cained View Post
    Like most things in life, you need a strategy. I buy tokens but only at the start of the season so that I can power train the YA graduates I want plus my attackers and midfielders. Any player over 22 I don’t train unless I want the team bonus. Therefore, during the season, i only feed greens to attackers/midfielders under 22. I know that people have different opinions, but this season I’ve won both cups and finished 2nd in the league and this is only because the game engine decided that my keeper would turn in performances of mind numbing ineptitude in the 2 games against my title rival.
    Yes, how true, even getting the cute gals need strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    Yes, how true, even getting the cute gals need strategy.
    Even with strategy the game is still ****ed up...
    No more likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post
    I've found that it helps rotating your team. I'm superior to every team in my league. But I still struggle against inferior teams with absent managers. It's as if the game engine gives the opposing team a power boost against me. What I've found useful is not playing a drastically superior team. I try to field a team which is 5-8 % stronger than my opponent's. If I need to, I put in my stronger players during the game instead.

It has worked for me. We shouldn't have to do it, but it is what it is. I'm in my fourth season and have only lost 3 games, 2 of which were basically with my reserves. Only one loss was legit. And I was trolled as you're describing. Probably going to win the quadruple again this season in a couple of hours.
    What I have found when I'm playing a significantly weaker team is before the match I try to get rid of the favorites tag so I keep my team within the 20% and it seems to work
    Arphaxad, Altiplano and Vuslanot like this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samson1865 View Post
    What I have found when I'm playing a significantly weaker team is before the match I try to get rid of the favorites tag so I keep my team within the 20% and it seems to work
    Thanks for the suggestion. Do you adopt this and then immediately substitute your best players when the game begins or do you keep the <20% differential?

Skickat från min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

Let's not forget, just like in real life football, the teams with the most money, facilities and assets(in Top Eleven case: rests, treatments and morale boosters) have a better chance of signing better players and have an overall better quality team. However, again just like in real life, we all have the opportunity to adjust our strategy and try to outfox our opponents, regardless of their team quality and how much money they spend. You might not always win, and during my 8 years of playing this game, I've had some dry spells in which I lost many matches in a row, even though I always had my team between 90-100% of my level. I used to try a "one formation fits all scenarios", which sometimes might help in the short run, but I've found out that rotating your players, having different strategies and training your players helps a lot.
    1000 tokens sounds to me like a lot, I personally never had more that 250 at any given time. I rarely buy scout players, I like to focus on power training youngsters, so most of my tokens are spent on rests, treatments and morale boosters. Sort of like an Ajax mentality.
    All I can say is try not to get too discouraged by big spending managers, try to outsmart them and have fun!
    Samson1865 likes this.
    Manager of Invictus

Rookie
    I had a fake result today against a team with an abandoned manager that was 30% weaker. Its just absolute nonsense. My opponent had no attackers and yet had more attacking action in the simulator than me and I was playing 5 up front with long ball. They went 2-0 up within 10 minutes. The game statistics had zero correlation to my tactics. I’m starting to believe that the score is decided before the game starts. One thing I’ve noticed is that the game engine often issues a red card to the opponent if you are winning heavily - you then think there’s gonna be a goal fest but no further goals are scored - it’s like the game engine issues the red to provide an ‘explanation’ for a heavy defeat and this acts as a trigger to stop further scoring.
    No more likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Cained View Post
    I had a fake result today against a team with an abandoned manager that was 30% weaker. Its just absolute nonsense. My opponent had no attackers and yet had more attacking action in the simulator than me and I was playing 5 up front with long ball. They went 2-0 up within 10 minutes. The game statistics had zero correlation to my tactics. I’m starting to believe that the score is decided before the game starts. One thing I’ve noticed is that the game engine often issues a red card to the opponent if you are winning heavily - you then think there’s gonna be a goal fest but no further goals are scored - it’s like the game engine issues the red to provide an ‘explanation’ for a heavy defeat and this acts as a trigger to stop further scoring.
    You used a very weak strategy to be honest. Just because they are a weak team doesn't mean you throw 5 attackers - that's a recipe for disaster.

I remember Real Madrid's galacticos after they sold Makelele, everything went down hill as they had all the best attackers and no holding midfielder.

Learn to balance your team before you question the game engine.
    Samson1865 and WiseSif like this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Do you adopt this and then immediately substitute your best players when the game begins or do you keep the <20% differential?

Skickat från min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk
    I just go with the team I selected and give them a chance and only substitute if I need to, I've made that mistake in the past and got a injury and a red card so I ended up with a defender up front lol because I had no subs left, also it give me a chance to see if my youngsters have good performance. For some strange reason I think that favorite tag makes the opposition play better lol I know it sounds stupid but that's how it seems
    Arphaxad likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast