Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Weird opponents

Addicted

Weird opponents

There're at least two tankers in my cup draw this season. They're one leven below me and it seems they're going all in for cup games. Level 4 managers but has won a dozen cups. What's the fun in playing for the cup and association games only? One of them isn't in an association, but I'm guessing this is temporary. They're one level below everyone else, but yet still on average 30-35 % stronger than everyone, including the 20 % decrease. That's crazy.

For the first time, I didn't manipulate draws. But seeing this, I regret I didn't. Thanks Nordeus. You've convinced me to never again not manipulating.
    Last edited by Arphaxad; 08-16-2020 at 08:43 PM.
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

Manipulators, what else.

Lots of bs recently. Manipulators who act like they dont.
    Just checked out your team and you definitely manipulated.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by EastsiderSG View Post
    Lots of bs recently. Manipulators who act like they dont.
    Just checked out your team and you definitely manipulated.
    I ended the season with +111 % starting line up and three academy players at 100, 85 and 56. Usually I never keep my academy players and sell a bunch from starting line up. This season I even kept a 125 bench player and a couple players in my line up above 140. So no, I didn't manipulate. But I had 1200 rest packs and 350 Tokens farmed which I used to powertrain this season. So I don't know what you're talking about. I have several teams in my cup and CL stronger than mine. If I manipulate I'm not ashamed to say so. I've done it before, but this season I didn't. And got stuck with these kind of players. So for next season I'll definitely manipulate.
    Last edited by Arphaxad; 08-17-2020 at 07:06 AM.
    WiseSif likes this.
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

Rookie
    well guys , sorry to jump in , but Arphaxad is one of the most talented , strategic players in this game.
    And by the way, I don't see much shame in the "manipulator" approach. Tanking yes , it gets on my nerves (even if again its up to individual way of playing the game).
    Good morning all.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseSif View Post
    well guys , sorry to jump in , but Arphaxad is one of the most talented , strategic players in this game.
    And by the way, I don't see much shame in the "manipulator" approach. Tanking yes , it gets on my nerves (even if again its up to individual way of playing the game).
    Good morning all.
    Thanks for your kind words, mate. Appreciate it.

As I said, I don't mind manipulators. I understand going that route when the alternative is bumping into tankers like these two amongst others. Its hard, if not impossible to beat a mutant team at ~135 % overall quality. So I totally understand manipulating and I'll be resorting back to it next season myself.

Skickat från min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arphaxad; 08-17-2020 at 02:26 PM.

How do you 'manipulate' draws?

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico Tan View Post
    How do you 'manipulate' draws?
    Draws are based on your 14 strongest players, including those from the youth academy. By selling high quality players before the end of the season, you're decreasing your overall quality. You could also acquire young 3 star players as subs and reserves with one position and no special ability and assign them new roles and special abilities to train. That way they won't gain any skills and will decrease the 20 % every season you promote. If you keep fewer than 14 high quality players by the end of each season, those low quality players will considerably decrease your overall quality rendering easier draws.

Apprentice
    Arphaxad you don't have to explain yourself, I was accused of being a tanker when my player won the highest scoring challenge, I did not even respond to the fool because he deserves none.

I'll do a new post on a tanker I might meet in the quarter finals this season so some people can differentiate btw tankers and 'smart' managers like me, Arphaxad, etc, etc

Sent from my TECNO-C9 using Tapatalk
    Arphaxad likes this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
    Arphaxad you don't have to explain yourself, I was accused of being a tanker when my player won the highest scoring challenge, I did not even respond to the fool because he deserves none.

I'll do a new post on a tanker I might meet in the quarter finals this season so some people can differentiate btw tankers and 'smart' managers like me, Arphaxad, etc, etc

Sent from my TECNO-C9 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your kind words, my friend. I appreciate your view.

I just took another look and it seems I have 3 tankers I'm up against in the cup. Fortunately, they're all in the lower bracket and I'm in the upper. So I won't meet one until the final if I reach it. I'll figure something out by then I'm sure. I won't let go of the title that easy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast