Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Stick with one formation?

Stick with one formation?

Is it true that if you use the same formation for a long time your team will play better?
    I've heard this but i don't sure coz i think it'll be better if i adjust my formation to counter my opponent.
    What do you think???
    WIN
    DRAW
    LOSE

Well every formation has a weakness, so it doesn't hurt to change tactics but if you stick to a formation then pick a balanced one. 4-4-2, 4-5-1v, etc etc. I always go back to 4-5-1v as it's what I find works best.

Dreamer
    Ya it really depends on the versatility of your team, I have players that can play various positions, that way I can adjust my formation during the match depending on what's going on, my base formation is butterfly.

I imagine it will help solidify them in those positions. However, if you buy and sell a lot, then keeping same form will only work if you train the incoming players the same as those outgoing.

Quote Originally Posted by KoHearts View Post
    Ya it really depends on the versatility of your team, I have players that can play various positions, that way I can adjust my formation during the match depending on what's going on, my base formation is butterfly.
    i don't even have my base formation now.
    Should i find one?
    Last edited by Charlie Swb; 05-14-2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: add details
    WIN
    DRAW
    LOSE

It's good to have a base to work from yes. What's been working for you mostly? Stick with that, but have a plan B, and C even for switch ups if needed during a match. Like I often switch my DMC to an AMC, which evolves the formation from defensive to very attacking in one move.

Dreamer
    Yes you need to find a base formation that your team performs well in, then expand from that base onto similar variations from your base, its always good to have versatile players that can be moved around during matches so that you don't waste substitutions, if you play them out of their roles they will start losing quality points.

It's working for me right now!
    KoHearts likes this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Swb View Post
    i don't even have my base formation now.
    Should i find one?
    4-4-2 is the easiest and most used base formation. As long as you can field a good team with this formation, you can win the majority of games. The trick is to use the proper formation that uses the strength of your players.

I am a big fan of 4-5-1V which uses the AML/AMR, so I tend to find strong players in those positions. Very wise to have a strong DMC as well, as they come in very handy.

It is hard to find the perfect formation for obvious reasons. Everyone on this forum has their favourite formation and swears by it, but they do get beat by managers that know what they are doing....AND they get beat by the Nordeus Game Engine (NGE). We ALL get beat by the NGE, so sometimes it doesnt matter what formation you use, you will lose.

I am of the philosophy that I will use a formation that exploits the opponents weakness in his formation to give my team an extra edge. Others here will not subscribe to that, and thats fine because they do what works for them. At the end of the day, if your team is strong enough in all positions, then it should not matter what formation you use, you should win the majority of games.
    KoHearts likes this.

i have 4 strong MCs ,1 AMR/MR, 2 STs,1 DMC and 1 5*STAR DR.
    the rest of the team are 4*star players so each game i always conceded at least 1 goal cos my weak defensive
    but most of the game my attackers scored more than them and i don't care as long as i win.
    So can you suggest a proper formation for me please.
    WIN
    DRAW
    LOSE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast