Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Stick with one formation?

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Swb View Post
    Is it true that if you use the same formation for a long time your team will play better?
    I've heard this but i don't sure coz i think it'll be better if i adjust my formation to counter my opponent.
    What do you think???
    Depends how good your team is tbh if your like 7-10 quality better than your opponents then play what you want i say, no need to change it. Plus people are saying that certain counters dont seem to be working anymore. Some players can and will just start playing **** for no reason, ive a MC bought the middle of last season and he was rating 8/9s, was one of my stand outs. Fast forward to this season and hes rating 5/6, no reason for it, full morale playing the same role (unless it has something to do with the players around him. Changing your formation wont harm your team, unless the players are worse than the ones they are replacing or there morale is ****

Basically, its upto you to form your own opinions, the amount of stuff you read on here that has little or nothing to back it up is unreal, its basically peoples opinions with no solid evidence that what they are saying is true

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Swb View Post
    i have 4 strong MCs ,1 AMR/MR, 2 STs,1 DMC and 1 5*STAR DR.
    the rest of the team are 4*star players so each game i always conceded at least 1 goal cos my weak defensive
    but most of the game my attackers scored more than them and i don't care as long as i win.
    So can you suggest a proper formation for me please.
    go on the computer, click your squad so it lists them by quality and pick the best starting 11 into a legal formation. I play 3(N)-1-4-2, purely because its my top11 players. I let the transfer market do all the hard work, get the best i can then put a team together, i just find it easier doing that than going on and looking for a specific position

As said in the other thread, I think being present for your games counts more than the formations you use. 10 games in a row i won doing the same thing, using my DMC in front of a L/C/R back 3 - 4 solid mids [W] and 2 ST - any time I've shot ahead by 1 or 2 goals, I switched up to an AMC in place of that DMC and always scored at least one more.

Tonight, I wasn't present, so I didn't get to make this move - and my team had been ahead [which annoys me even more!] I'd normally make the move either just before, or after HT - and other guy popped 4 in second half - 2 injuries for me that were not auto-subbed and obviously my formation switch never happened.

Has to be something in it.

Basic 4-4-2 has always been my preferred formation. Only very rarely have I altered it. At the start of each season, my first priority is to get my ML / MC / MR's as near as possible to scouts. Having 4 good quality players across the middle, and with a settled formation, seems to work well. I do however try to get ML's & MR's with the additional position of AML / AMR, just in case I ever need to push them forward to support the strikers. (I never use arrows).

In the lower levels, I used to keep enough players in the squad for two separate teams (League & Cup), but as I've got to higher levels, the players don't seem to play as well, if I keep changing them around. So its now a case of first XI plays all the matches, if they are fit enough.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12