Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Reece p FC

Thread: What if I win Super League and also gets relegated?

Addicted

What if I win Super League and also gets relegated?

The rules said winner of Super League is automatically placed in next season's prestigious Champions League, but what if my club gets relegated in the League? Will I still be in the Champions League of I win Super League?

Anyone knows or experienced this "not entirely impossible" situation before?

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    The rules said winner of Super League is automatically placed in next season's prestigious Champions League, but what if my club gets relegated in the League? Will I still be in the Champions League of I win Super League?

If you won the Super League and finished outside the Top 8 in the League, then you should still qualify for the Champions League.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    If you won the Super League and finished outside the Top 8 in the League, then you should still qualify for the Champions League.
    Yeah!! ✌

A bit similar to about eight years back when Liverpool finish outside top four of league (a requirement to enter Champions League) but won Champions League title that same season, and finally UEFA decided to give a bye (akin to a pre-group match-up) to Liverpool to enter the Champions League.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post

you cant be relegated
    khris likes this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reece p FC View Post
    you cant be relegated
    My bad. I'll change the term to "stay-e-gated" -- that is stay and stuck in same situation.

Reminds me of myself in one of my dead end jobs many years back, stuck without promotion, increment and bonuses for six or seven years, getting older by the year. I got "stay-e-gated".