Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] King of Kings: Winter Throne - Full-time!

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Yeah I see playing vs these hardcore tankers is very upsetting, like I said I think people like him should not be able to participate in these events. I think in the past they made King of King events where you should qualify from the group stage of your Champions League to qualify, this would almost eliminate people like this and would be way better than giving everyone of these tankers the opportunity to stack up on ressources.
    Think they want to let the new players have a go at the event as well so champions league won't work. And I do observe many tankers trying for CL as well as many win either cup or cl/sl in the previous season. League position might be a better option but again it isn't fair to those at the top or near the top of the servers where top 8 isn't guaranteed even with an active manager with a good team. I can't think of a better way except to make it challenging and have everyone of the same quality grouped together rather than just handing them the prize without any effort.
    HeavensAAA and Der_Ryan_M like this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    Think they want to let the new players have a go at the event as well so champions league won't work. And I do observe many tankers trying for CL as well as many win either cup or cl/sl in the previous season. League position might be a better option but again it isn't fair to those at the top or near the top of the servers where top 8 isn't guaranteed even with an active manager with a good team. I can't think of a better way except to make it challenging and have everyone of the same quality grouped together rather than just handing them the prize without any effort.
    Yes, you are right that it is very difficult to set a certain criteria in excluding those tankers with certain league position or CL/SL progression.

1 possible solution is to hold the same event, but divide players into different tiers for varying level of top prizes.

Eg. Tier players into groups with prizes, along with reasonable player offers in different tiers
    1) Win rate of all matches in previous season - 65%+ into top group; 45%+-65% into 2nd group and the rest into 3rd group
    2) Top prize stays 7-9* 21yo plus 30T for top group; 2nd group gets 6-8* 24yo plus 20T; bottom group gets 5-7* 28yo plus 15T
    3) Top group would offer 9* players; 2nd-tier offers 8* and bottom tier offers 7* - Nordeus should also make more Ts and revenue by selling the suitable players to different tiered players (when a 5* team would not be able to afford any 9* player offer anyway)

Advantages:
    1) Easy for system to calculate win rate to group players, and fair for players to be drawn against with similar strengths
    2) Tankers would be discouraged to lose matches and trophies just to up ratings as it won’t help them getting top prizes in competitions (7* to them is useless anyway); while amateur players would still benefit with 5-7* when learning the trades
    3) Competition should be very balanced and fierce with same-level managers
    Sillybq and Der_Ryan_M like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    Yes, you are right that it is very difficult to set a certain criteria in excluding those tankers with certain league position or CL/SL progression.

1 possible solution is to hold the same event, but divide players into different tiers for varying level of top prizes.

Eg. Tier players into groups with prizes, along with reasonable player offers in different tiers
    1) Win rate of all matches in previous season - 65%+ into top group; 45%+-65% into 2nd group and the rest into 3rd group
    2) Top prize stays 7-9* 21yo plus 30T for top group; 2nd group gets 6-8* 24yo plus 20T; bottom group gets 5-7* 28yo plus 15T
    3) Top group would offer 9* players; 2nd-tier offers 8* and bottom tier offers 7* - Nordeus should also make more Ts and revenue by selling the suitable players to different tiered players (when a 5* team would not be able to afford any 9* player offer anyway)

Advantages:
    1) Easy for system to calculate win rate to group players, and fair for players to be drawn against with similar strengths
    2) Tankers would be discouraged to lose matches and trophies just to up ratings as it won’t help them getting top prizes in competitions (7* to them is useless anyway); while amateur players would still benefit with 5-7* when learning the trades
    3) Competition should be very balanced and fierce with same-level managers
    I like the concept but the win rate needs looking at. If a tanker wins all his cup and cl matches. He would end up in group 2. Mid tier group. And this might also be unfair to many high level players who might end up in the Mid tier group as well if all their opponents are active
    HeavensAAA likes this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    I like the concept but the win rate needs looking at. If a tanker wins all his cup and cl matches. He would end up in group 2. Mid tier group. And this might also be unfair to many high level players who might end up in the Mid tier group as well if all their opponents are active
    The win rate quoted was just an example. Nordeus should have all the data to decide on which rate would place them best to put players into different tiers where they could sell the most offer players.

It can be only positive for the game when more managers become active and also look to win more matches to drive up the competitions too (and it is highly likely that most managers would then watch more ads to generate more revenue for Nordeus). Events would become fairer and balanced as well. Win-win for all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123