Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Counter 31323

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4

    Counter 31323

    I’m playing a 120% opponent and I’m 104%
    He’s playing:
    DC DC DC
    DMC
    MC MC MC
    AMR ST AML

    What formation should I use to beat him?

  2. #2
    Moderator milpol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,994
    Hi and welcome to the forum!

    First of all, you'll have to attack his flanks due to the absence of wing-backs and ML/MR. You can use AML/AMR with an attacking arrow or just ML MR. Keep an eye on his strong midfield, as he's using 3MC, which could be tricky to go against. Try DMC+2 MC or 2DMC+MC. In the end, everything comes down to what players you can use. Last but not least, make sure to check whether or not his wingers are second strikers. I break them down on this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM36VpXHGKE

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by milpol View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum!

    First of all, you'll have to attack his flanks due to the absence of wing-backs and ML/MR. You can use AML/AMR with an attacking arrow or just ML MR. Keep an eye on his strong midfield, as he's using 3MC, which could be tricky to go against. Try DMC+2 MC or 2DMC+MC. In the end, everything comes down to what players you can use. Last but not least, make sure to check whether or not his wingers are second strikers. I break them down on this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM36VpXHGKE

    Good luck!
    Thanks

    I used 451(V) and lost 4-1 :/
    He’s in my CL group and cup bracket so will be a tough season

  4. #4
    Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthäus View Post
    Thanks

    I used 451(V) and lost 4-1 :/
    He’s in my CL group and cup bracket so will be a tough season
    A few important notes:

    1) when playing against 3MCs, never play 2 MCs without ML & MR. Midfield would be lost. And that is also why 4-3-2W-1 is the perfect counter of 4-5v-1
    2) 15%+ disadvantage means your team should go defensive with no more than 2 attacking players if you prefer a result. Better use 4-1-3-AML/R-ST attacking 1 flank with much better match control (aggressive setup will lead to knockout stage losing by goals conceded)
    3) if you just have 1 very good attacker, may well go 4-1-4-1 (flanks) or 4-2-3-1 (middle)
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.
    Asso tag: #29GB24 (1st level-8 team record holder) & #AAK65W (2nd level-5 team)

  5. #5
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    446
    HeavensAAA why cant you make a guide about all these? All guides related to this on this forum are outdated

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4
    [QUOTE=HeavensAAA;676270]A few important notes:

    Better use 4-1-3-AML/R-ST attacking 1 flank with much better match control (aggressive setup will lead to knockout stage losing by goals conceded)

    What do you mean with this? Also I tried 4-1-4-1 with aml and amr as ml and mr and lost 6-1 this time.

    It’s even more difficult when he has 19% possession bonus from managers supporting and mourinho support as well

  7. #7
    Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    751
    [QUOTE=Matthäus;676325]
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    A few important notes:

    Better use 4-1-3-AML/R-ST attacking 1 flank with much better match control (aggressive setup will lead to knockout stage losing by goals conceded)

    What do you mean with this? Also I tried 4-1-4-1 with aml and amr as ml and mr and lost 6-1 this time.

    It’s even more difficult when he has 19% possession bonus from managers supporting and mourinho support as well
    No problem. Will illustrate on a few similar 4-1-3-AML/R-ST setups I create on targeting at different quality opponents for your reference. Won way too many matches with these when on paper I should not have a chance.

    Typical aggressive left/right-flank overloading 4-1-3-2(AML/R + ST). 4DCs + DMC is standard in defending up to opponents with 4 attackers.
    Midfield to match opponent’s 2 MCs, with extra wide midfielder free. Winger into space behind fullback. ST slightly move towards the same flank.
    Basically creating a constant 3v2 or even 4v2 pressure onto 1 flank. Effective to outscore against inferior opponents of 10% worse or more.
    Counter 31323-19-e6-a8-e2-9-efe-44-cc-957-f-e6-b62-dc333-d7.jpg

    Similar with above, but with ML/MC/MR played as a packed midfield-3. Typical to contain opponents with 2 MCs of 1* better.
    Usually used for equal quality or slightly better opponents of up to 10% better where space containment is more important.
    Counter 31323-92073005-03-b3-43-dd-aaff-f56-ef863-fd5-e.jpg

    Very defensive 4-1-3-AML/R-ST. Typically used to get a result against opponents of 10% or even up to 40% better.
    ML moves slightly back to help cover DL space. AML moves as back as possible to cover ML space. ST pulled back a bit to create 2v1 in AML area. MR also moves a little bit back to help cover DR area. All goalscoring chances will come from that one flank (both ST and other flank are ‘sacrificed’ to pack defenders into own half’s space).
    Counter 31323-9-d308-f25-3-dee-47-ce-a3-f2-5547522-cc684.jpg

    With managers’ support, it is easy to solve with some pure hard work. Keep all very active friends and delete the rest (maybe keep 2-3 very low level managers for special sponsor friendlies tasks). Then at the start of next season from day 3, keep clicking each viewable managers in auction, and about 1 in 30-40 should be under the same server. Click into their league via ‘standing’ and add all those seemingly active managers. Keep supporting all available matches. Add fellow supporters. Delete unsupportive managers. And repeat. It should be 2 seasons max for a very supportive circle of friends.
    Last edited by HeavensAAA; 01-11-2021 at 08:13 PM.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.
    Asso tag: #29GB24 (1st level-8 team record holder) & #AAK65W (2nd level-5 team)

  8. #8
    Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by tomu741 View Post
    HeavensAAA why cant you make a guide about all these? All guides related to this on this forum are outdated
    Tomu, we all learn the basics and beyond through mistakes, and then come up with some preferred formation and orders after some harsh losses.

    Could write a detailed guide on what I know, though there are lots of points and notes we only believe them after making the actual mistakes and then rectify with changes to turn those losses into wins. Experienced managers would feel ‘well, I know them all’, while relative beginners would feel overwhelmed by the amount of tactics involved (those who always stick with 1 formation with most single-position-players without any possible variation would not understand at all on why a simple move of AMC/AML from AMC to AML would totally change the match dynamics and assume their losses were out of luck).
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.
    Asso tag: #29GB24 (1st level-8 team record holder) & #AAK65W (2nd level-5 team)