Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What do you think of 4-3-3 ?

  1. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    7
    Thanks for yours observations, I will to modify my formation

  2. #12
    Famous
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,245
    Where you position the players doesn't really matter, as long as they are inside the boxes for that position.
    Here's my 4-3-3 as I go into the game and during it
    What do you think of 4-3-3 ?-formation.jpg

  3. #13
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    619
    It matters. For example ml/mr have 3 different placements which affects his movments

  4. #14
    Famous
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,245
    Quote Originally Posted by tomu741 View Post
    It matters. For example ml/mr have 3 different placements which affects his movments
    I just won 10-2 against a team 14% weaker than me with the above formation. Yesterday I beat the 2nd place in the league 3-0, they were 4% weaker than me, day before I won 8-0 against 6th place team etc etc
    Years ago that team above would have absolutely tanked due to the formation, nowadays the graphics may show it as odd but the gameplay ignores it
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

  5. #15
    Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    I just won 10-2 against a team 14% weaker than me with the above formation. Yesterday I beat the 2nd place in the league 3-0, they were 4% weaker than me, day before I won 8-0 against 6th place team etc etc
    Years ago that team above would have absolutely tanked due to the formation, nowadays the graphics may show it as odd but the gameplay ignores it
    Quote Originally Posted by tomu741 View Post
    It matters. For example ml/mr have 3 different placements which affects his movments
    On this, both of you could be correct, depending on the quality of opponents our team is facing.

    When facing weak opponents of some 10%+ worse where we have a significant advantage, ‘irregular’ positions may not affect the win/draw/lose outcome.

    However, when facing same-quality or superior opponents, placing our defenders at ‘irregular’ positions definitely would negatively impact team performance. When facing superior opponents of 20%+, such position placement can guarantee a heavy loss. A 20%- inferior team with a combination of perfect counter + right orders + main scorers on-form could still get an upset win in 1 of 4-5 matches, or even more frequent when the inferior team has some well-trained attackers.

    Wide ML & MR are so flexible. Could at least be down-arrow & pulled back to act as DL when playing 3 DCs, up-arrow & pushed up to act as AML when opposition has no fullbacks and ML+MR placed close to MC region as 3Ms to win MC area possession against 2 MCs formation too. Positioning & arrows of wide midfielders do make a difference.
    gogs67 likes this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

  6. #16
    Famous
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,245
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    On this, both of you could be correct, depending on the quality of opponents our team is facing.

    When facing weak opponents of some 10%+ worse where we have a significant advantage, ‘irregular’ positions may not affect the win/draw/lose outcome.

    However, when facing same-quality or superior opponents, placing our defenders at ‘irregular’ positions definitely would negatively impact team performance. When facing superior opponents of 20%+, such position placement can guarantee a heavy loss. A 20%- inferior team with a combination of perfect counter + right orders + main scorers on-form could still get an upset win in 1 of 4-5 matches, or even more frequent when the inferior team has some well-trained attackers.

    Wide ML & MR are so flexible. Could at least be down-arrow & pulled back to act as DL when playing 3 DCs, up-arrow & pushed up to act as AML when opposition has no fullbacks and ML+MR placed close to MC region as 3Ms to win MC area possession against 2 MCs formation too. Positioning & arrows of wide midfielders do make a difference.
    Of course the arrows make a difference, that's why they're there, albeit subtle, although I never really use them.
    But if the actual positioning in the designated box made a difference then, because my players are so far out, I shouldn't be winning, whether my % is around the same or I've got a 15% advantage. You've seen the screenshot I posted, that's a ridiculous formation lol!
    I just wonder what my opponents think losing to that!!

  7. #17
    Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    12,976
    Quote Originally Posted by FurioIslo View Post
    Hi ! I'm a french and spanish guy and I would ask you your opinion aboute 4-3-3.
    it's my formation and I would know the failures, strenghts and counter please

    My players are placed as it :

    Attachment 136264
    My favourite formation so far as it covers all possible special abilities. However I don't believe there's a "best formation", my advice is to do your formation based on the players you find on the market.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

  8. #18
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    619
    So i am a bit confused. So what is difference between ml, aml and wide left forward? And so 4-5-1 is with 3mc+ml/mr advanced which in my think is the real 4-5-1 and 4-5-1v is with dmc+2mc+aml/amr. So why they both called 4-5-1?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12