Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Tips for new joining managers

Pro

Tips for new joining managers

A few tips to build a title-winning squad for your first season:

1) With the starting 5m+ cash at start, reserve about 2.5m to 3m to buy a 90%+ 18yo AML or AMR FT. Best to acquire the winger with 10T or less, so your remaining budget could buy another 5 young 21-year-old players (18-21yo players who improve fastest could gain 13-15% throughout the season)

2) Build your team with a formation of 4-1-3-1W-1, 4-5v-1 (5 midfielders, with 1 DMC, 2 MCs, 1 AML & 1 AMR) or 4-1-4-1 (if you could get a 18yo FT ST under 15T instead of AML/R). With less attackers but being the best player, it is highly likely the best attacker could get more motm rewards and score most for top scorer award too.

He will remain as 1 of the best scorers in your team for at least 8 years (when maintained well), so please invest wisely onto him and make sure he has 95%+ conditions for all matches (to max chances of scoring late goals with high conditions for more 4% motm rewards).

Tips for new joining managers-88792f07-babb-4123-812a-55729edfc945.jpeg
    Tips for new joining managers-affd452a-2fda-481f-b8bf-4bf00a2d0e5d.jpeg
    Tips for new joining managers-76277d30-3539-40c9-8ffd-e67a6760b77a.jpeg

3) There is a new 7-day check-in bonus of 5* ST on day 7 from this season, so it would be best to buy some good defenders first and win all matches in first 6 days with a defensive and counter formation (as above), then get the free 5* ST to compliment the team. Would save a lot of Ts and resources this way.

4) Make sure you watch and save the 25 greens everyday and also the other 13 for money (2 other ads are best used to keep team player bonus max)

Tips for new joining managers-a8b542a7-422b-4f97-a995-d0603037b05e.jpeg
    Tips for new joining managers-36d49037-4b53-4706-92d9-24d9bc901b49.jpeg
    Tips for new joining managers-dfe13720-83f7-4385-9ee1-5b9122c0cb47.jpeg

5) Upgrade facilities to get youth academy to the next level ASAP, as your team could benefit from having an extra free 18yo youth at the start of next season

Tips for new joining managers-6d7d8ced-ac37-4a78-90e5-07efdc284de4.jpeg
    Tips for new joining managers-ac53bdba-8c6c-4653-a04b-1627988d77d0.jpeg

6) Try to unlock and upgrade certain drills earlier - Skill drill (Attack - to minimise conditions lost for team player bonus maintenance), video analysis (probably could get that by middle of season 1 when focusing on getting defensive drills) and upgrade Pass, Go & Shoot ASAP (most attackers and midfielders would improve a lot quicker with this drill earlier)

Tips for new joining managers-11a50cfb-b5c9-47b4-93ba-ddb59873562e.jpeg
    Tips for new joining managers-485429d1-1353-441b-8c00-81b7062da701.jpeg

7) To maximise training experience gained to level up drills asap and also pre-plan to fulfil next season’s special sponsor tasks (such as new SA, new role [1 of DC, DMC, MC, AMC or ST, until now], 3-5x player-position training together, etc.), it is best to get 1-2 3-flank-roles 40%+ 24-26yo player (can train any att, mid or def with 2 multi-role + 2 of the rest for tpb) and some 5-6 24-26yo 40%+ sole-role DC/DMC/MC/AMC/ST (so they can train for 2 additional roles & SA each until retirement). Budget about 60k max each would be affordable.

Tips for new joining managers-51ca32c7-b9ac-4709-a758-dda5658f89dd.jpeg
    Tips for new joining managers-d50fcb37-bd5f-4c52-8bb3-1621f82de539.jpeg

Could make use of current squad of 24-27yo to start the role & SA training (selling them gets so little money vs tasks completion for 5-8 seasons for lots for rewards). 28-34yo should be planned for selling before season end to be replaced by 24-26yo, unless money is running so short that saving money for first teamers is necessary.

Hope the above helps you getting started.

Very important update addition (MUST READ by new clubs):

- Shortly after the initial tutorial is done, the auction function will be available. And from that moment onwards, please ensure you would at least go back to the auction section every 2 minutes at least (or best to just stick to the auction section except going to ‘ground’ once to upgrade a facility which takes 4 hours).

That is because the system will very soon be generating 2 to 6 of 19yo-21yo players of quality from 60% - 99% randomly onto our auction list where only us would be the possible bidders. In addition to the initial 6* 22-24yo 80%-85% MC with SA (You really should keep refreshing app until the auction player is a 22yo MC with playmaker SA), these auction players costing 1T each only will be the core members of our squad with minimal T-cost. Please ensure you have spared sufficient budget to buy a possible 2.5m-3m FT ST (Fast trainer) and other positions to replace those especially weak starting players, when trying to buy the relatively great-value 21yo & 75%+. 19yo may be best avoided to keep more budget in cash for more better players as a team.

It would be really appreciated if you could add my invitation code (within settings):

N1TORD1W8EJG4F

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by HeavensAAA; 04-10-2021 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Very important update with auctions
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Pro
    Just bump once for additional must-read update for new clubs.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Rookie
    Best Tip? Leave the game as fast as you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf Ruder View Post
    Best Tip? Leave the game as fast as you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Absolutely!!!

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

Addicted
    Your tips are excellent, really. It seems you can do much better now in the first days than I did when I started playing years ago.

But how many new players will find this forum first, before they decide to start playing? So what is the use of this post for new players?

Nevertheless, I think it is a useful guide for every player that wants to start a new team.
    HeavensAAA likes this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido van den Berg View Post
    Your tips are excellent, really. It seems you can do much better now in the first days than I did when I started playing years ago.

But how many new players will find this forum first, before they decide to start playing? So what is the use of this post for new players?

Nevertheless, I think it is a useful guide for every player that wants to start a new team.
    You are so right that new starters these days get so much free stuff. ie. Free 20yo 75-79% DC & 22-24yo 80%+ MC at start, and then free 84% ST at start of day 7 (which easily costs 15T in auctions for levels 1 & 2 still). Then another extra 1m plus 10+ packs each with the starter event. That’s why my starter freeloader team can even join a gold1 association on day 4 with so much resources to invest in, which is unimaginable by any means before.

Maybe I should post this onto the comment section of TE app, but then those who wants to play football manager would install straightaway as well. Well, I am just trying to update all new and current managers who has just started or will start with the new nice freebies, so they would have their starts easier. Kind of a responsibility as I did learn so much from all the fellow forumers when I started back then.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    You are so right that new starters these days get so much free stuff. ie. Free 20yo 75-79% DC & 22-24yo 80%+ MC at start, and then free 84% ST at start of day 7 (which easily costs 15T in auctions for levels 1 & 2 still). Then another extra 1m plus 10+ packs each with the starter event. That’s why my starter freeloader team can even join a gold1 association on day 4 with so much resources to invest in, which is unimaginable by any means before.

Maybe I should post this onto the comment section of TE app, but then those who wants to play football manager would install straightaway as well. Well, I am just trying to update all new and current managers who has just started or will start with the new nice freebies, so they would have their starts easier. Kind of a responsibility as I did learn so much from all the fellow forumers when I started back then.
    FB mate I went there before coming here when I first started. Talk to one of the moderators about posting your guides there. My opinion is if you are willing to write such detailed guides, you would probably qualify as a moderator too. Not surprised if they recruit u to join their team to help the community grow
    HeavensAAA likes this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    FB mate I went there before coming here when I first started. Talk to one of the moderators about posting your guides there. My opinion is if you are willing to write such detailed guides, you would probably qualify as a moderator too. Not surprised if they recruit u to join their team to help the community grow
    The admin team is very dedicated and talented, so maybe I will learn more first. Hehe!

Pro
    2nd season preparation tips

A steep learning curve in the first season for new joiners, and that probably applies to experienced managers starting new clubs for referral awards (Yes, a level-1 club is short of resources to do what we take it for granted with higher level clubs, so it is not even an easy task to win the league when there are league opponents buying scouts. Hehe!)

You all probably have started to figure out that the rewards from special sponsor event is worth working on, be yourself a freeloader or a premium player. And hopefully you have a good first season and have some proud trophies to show for with your effort put in.

You will also be wondering what will happen in the next new season, and more importantly what kind of opponents you will be drawn with soon. Here is a rough guide of what would happen to our teams and some possible in-advance preparations accordingly.

Some key points to note first (point, then followed with suggestion)

1) Promotion to the next level means all our players quality will drop by 20% (1*), so effectively a handy 80% DC could become an easy target in the new season.
    a) Players who are not good enough to make first team next season after -20% should be sold before end of season. Their presence in the promoting team would only increase the opponent quality, which makes it counterproductive in keeping them and then also losing 20% value (or more when they are 90%- or worse)

b) When putting players for sale on auctions, please be noted the maximum time required for the sale to go through is 3 hours, so make sure you put them up for sale earlier (preferably right after the last league match).

And there is a max-value rule in auction sale: the sale would only go through when we set the players at the right price (so the players will stay unsold if we set a higher-than-system-acceptable price). General rule is 2,4 & 7 down-clicks from max for 90%-, 80%- & 70%- players. What it means is players of quality 80%-89% can only be sold if we reduce it by 10% (each down-click is about 5% of player value, and system will incur an additional 10% value loss for all players regardless - you could compare the market value and max auction value to confirm), 70%-79% players by 20% and 60%-69% players by 35% [in real terms, these 3 group of players will incur a loss of 20%, 30% & 45%]. You could try it higher (though I did intentionally try many times and failed), but be aware that 3 hours max is needed to sell the players via auctions.

Tips for new joining managers-8662017f-8c71-4713-a11b-239233bde982.jpeg
    Tips for new joining managers-40d4d8ca-bc51-4188-956c-d7247e2f7a6a.jpeg

2) Player value now will be dropped by roughly 20% when they age with promotions too, hence high-value non-core 18-20yo players should be sold via auction to gain as much value as possible to save up a large kitty for new season player purchases (especially when we want to buy 1-2 more new 18yo 80%+ FT as our main players)

A) as above, there is always a balance of value gaining (for players 18-21yo) to buy FT for long term players vs T spent for new players in new season to gain those extra 25% (18-21yo should gain 75% in value when obtained by day 3, and sold via auctions would mean a net 60% gain; new season player will cost about 30- 35% more).

It all depends on how much T you have and could save over a season to decide on whether you prefer to keep all, most, or some key players for upcoming seasons. No right or wrong but just the way how we manage our squad for winning as many as possible.

3) Player age from 18-21yo will improve the quickest, then 22-24, 25-27, and the rest. Roughly seasonal improvements from these player groups is about 14-20%, 10-12%, 6-9% and around 4% for the oldest group. This is one of the key factors if we decide to keep or sell some of our current players (there are always exceptions where a few players always over-perform over their quality, and those should be kept even if their quality can only make it onto our bench and could help winning games from behind)

A) Unless players are key personnel, those age 21 & 24 should be sold by season end as they will improve significantly slower in the new season (exceptions are high* reward players who can still be first teamers)

4) Greens should have been saved up throughout the season to about 600+ when we watch the daily 25 ads and attend our all matches. Reds and blues may be running low due to participation of special sponsor events and drains with key title deciders and earlier cup final too.

A) The 14-15 ads we use to get money from should be changed to getting reds (to prepare for next season’s injury) or blues (if totally running out, it may be better to save some for boosting the best finisher to win the first 2 legs of cup round in day 1&2), and then change back to getting money when new season starts.

Tips for new joining managers-475be9a0-9727-4d0b-9c30-097e210aba36.jpeg

5) Quality of opponents in next season’s draw will be based on the AvQ (Average Quality) of the best-14 in our squad plus the upcoming free 18yo youths from our Youth Academy.

A) So when winning early quadruples is still very possible with fairly good teams, it could be a good idea to just keep several key players plus the rest of team to be made up by 24-27yo 40%+ players (special sponsor tasks in new role, new SA, 3-5x certain position training, etc.), and sell off the rest for funds to buy new players in the season instead. That will guarantee an easy draw which means saving greens (can still win matches with slightly poor conditions) and blues (winning matches by 5+ goals is quite easy too).

Further important points:

A) New season refreshes shortly after GMT 2am, so make sure you complete all your player sale a few hours before that.

B) As new season will have all conditions reset, best practice is to exhaust all players to 7.5% (train all players to 31%, then a very easy drill to drop the last %, then 6x very hard drill for the max 22.5% - there is a RNG which could incur a max 1% extra condition loss for drills which costs 3% or more, so the safest way is do it to 31%) right after the last conditions refresh before new season refresh. Easily 1k+ conditions training for the team (0.3-0.5% quality rise) and that is also a lot for levelling up drills.

Needless to say, all players we sell should also have been exhausted this way to gain as many training experience as possible too.

C) This is the last season before new level 1 & 2 managers would join the auction market for all (except level 1 & 2), so it is in your best interest to buy the most important FT at reasonable T-cost in the upcoming start of season 2. That will become a 50T+ market for a FT (value would be 70%+ over base market value, which is unaffordable even for the best money-making managers), so be very wise and snipe up FT and other key players at start of season 2.

D) By now, you probably have settled down with a favourite attacking and another defensive formation after tasting the KoK and tour stages events. You also probably have experienced certain matches when the best finisher goes missing, so that is where you may want to train up a 2nd attacker to compliment the 1st to get results consistently.

Another good option is a GK, DC or DMC. It may be wise to buy a low-T 2nd-choice FT instead when available with luck.

E) Make sure you pick the most needed position for Youth Academy before new season starts. Typically, we should choose DC or MC, as these 2 are the most T-expensive in auctions. Special sponsor rewards could grant extra quality and additional role coach - an improved 75% DC/DMC or MC/DMC is extremely handy to start new seasons.

Tips for new joining managers-a195212b-e6c6-44a2-a3c9-4949d544473a.jpeg
    Tips for new joining managers-5880523b-0377-457a-8a40-385d8506d9d2.jpeg

F) With drills, it will be ideal if we could have both PGS & Press the Play (both 1st drill of attack & defence) to Pro level. It will greatly increase our players improvements for season 2 and also save more greens when we powertrain our new FTs too.

G) Facility- wise, upgrade everything else first before finally doing the stadium. May upgrade youth facility earlier too to gain an extra slot for more free new youths.

H) Our team needs every bit of finance needed, so it is best not to renew any player contracts until necessary. Players who would be out of contract in the season after can sign new 2-year contracts in the first 7 days of a new season (eg. My 90% ST bought in season 1 had an annual wage of 10k, and by the time when he improves to start season 4 at 120% and signed a new 2-year contract at start of season 4, his wage becomes 270k!)

I) Injuries in these last few matchdays to players, except our main FT and few key players we would bring to next season, could be best left untreated and immediately put them for sale on auctions (amount as suggested earlier). The equivalent amount of ads could get another 200k+ in a few days’ time.

All the best of luck for the final matches for league title and enjoy the exciting new season!
    Last edited by HeavensAAA; 04-10-2021 at 03:54 AM.
    GloryHinter and Vuslanot like this.

Pro
    2 weeks into 2nd season, and time for a quick few suggestions:

A) With the tour event, it may be very difficult to win the final prize with current squad quality when key players’ best white attributes are still not exceedingly strong (250%+).
    Formation suggestion for the 8 stages:
    1) 4-4-1-1
    2) 4-1-3-AML/R-ST(skewed same side with winger), with midfielder without winger flank slightly pushed forward to control extra MR(L) & AMR(L) area
    3) Same as 2), except midfielder without winger flank moves to MC region to mark 1 MC, MC mark another MC to leave our flank with winger free
    4) 4-1-4-1AM, 4-1-3-2AM or 4-1-3-1-1 (AMC[s] & ST pulled back to dominate MC & AMC areas, and flat back-4 squeezed central)
    5) 4-4-2AM (flat back-4 squeezed central, 2 MC moves slightly back + 2 AMCs to MC region to win via counter via MC area domination)
    6) 4-2-3-1AM, 4-1-3-2AM or 4-1-3-1-1; concept similar with 4), but all players move back slightly to compensate further for quality disadvantage
    7) 4-2-2-2AM (via central) or 4-1-3-1-1 (similar as 2)
    8) 4-2-3-1AMC or 4-1-3-2AMC
    (Both level-5 and level-2 teams won first 4 matches with the suggested formations with 4+ goals in all those 8 ties)

Typically I would win the first 4 stages on day 1 or 2 (depends on the full team on 99% conditions and full morale when there is a 1-hour gap between an upcoming match and the last refresh before that, with ideally on-fire status on best attackers gained from previous match). Can decide to claim the free 5-7* player immediately (likely needed for level 1-3 teams; level 4+ could wait to claim on day 13 after asso draw is made to gain a very significant advantage in asso 2nd round with luck of 6-7* player).

Similarly, that is why final 4 stages could be played on either of final 2 days of event when our team quality would improve by up to 4% for a full 18-21yo players team (compared to day 1), hence quality gap would be narrowed from 20% to ‘only’ 15-16% when key white attributes of best few players could also have gone up by 10%, and possibly more for best finisher who may have got multiple motm 4% on key skills too. Can also choose to try luck with special sponsor on-fire status rewards if CL & Cup finals are expected to be easy.

Tips for new joining managers-c2cd77b5-33dd-4367-9e4c-a586d9a9fb9f.jpeg

Luck still is needed for final 3 stages, and if we could win the 8-9* 7-day loan player with a full 28-man squad, then we have the luxury option of only claiming that loan player on day 22 (sell 1 of 28, then sign), so that loan player should help us win the asso 3rd round final, our cup final, CL semis & final, plus last 7 days of a tight league.

B) It is highly likely that special sponsor event would have a task each for 130%+ player(s) to score and assist, as well as a 8-star player, so the most logical and resource-efficient way is to buy a 90%+ 18yo FT at start of each season, then train him to around 128%, so he would definitely get to 130% in week 1 for scoring and assist tasks, as well as 140% by end of season for 8* player task too (best to be ST, AML/R/C, or even ML/R to add special sponsor additional AML/R role to push forward to score & assist)

Tips for new joining managers-f113b5dd-cc0d-48d5-ae97-a61d47407f70.jpeg

C) Similarly, it is very logical to keep a first teamer to a season-ending quality of 120%+ to fulfil the frequent 7* player task as well (train with some extra greens to push to 106% on day 1 of season will do for 18-21yo, or 110% for 22-24yo).

D) As a level-2/3 player, the association function would not be available yet. But as long as your account is linked with Facebook, association captains could still invite you to join their associations if your team is 90%+ and looks balanced. Would find it difficult for gold1 associations to accept level -2 clubs at start of season, but should be more than willing to give you a chance to join after round 1 (free points if you win more matches for the association; your club gets a better-than-usual gold1 association ‘trial’ without reward without full 4-rounds participation - win/win scenario).

Should try your very best in private messaging gold1 association captains/vice captains who posted since end of last season to any recent recruitment threads for the very good in-advance opportunity to start earning extra 50T from end of next season.

(My main level-5 account joined a gold1 association at level-1, moved to a platinum at level 2, then relegated in level 3, and again promoted back to platinum this season; new level-2 account replaces main account in current platinum, with main account switching to another platinum; both clubs winning top spot in round 1 of platinum - this is obviously done with lots of prior experience, and new managers should still get to gold1 for seasonal 50T earlier and stay without too much problem.)
    Last edited by HeavensAAA; 04-10-2021 at 04:01 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast