Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My League Ruined By Potentially High-Index Teams Playing Only With Reserves

My League Ruined By Potentially High-Index Teams Playing Only With Reserves

The new division I've just been promoted to is full of teams with 12-13 very high-index players only using their crappy reserves for league games. This completely destroys only authenticity or sportsmanship and is seriously making me think about quitting the game.

When I saw the initial draw, I thought that I'd suddenly been pitched into a league that was way out of my reach. Nearly every team was suddenly about 20% better than me, but I was fine with that. I thought finally this was a real opportunity to test my skills and progression and see if I could mix it with much stronger teams than me. This, unfortunately, has not been the case. About half of the other teams simply play every game using their 11 lowest-quality players in ridiculous formations. Their best players are all left out. Teams that could be around 125% are putting out teams of about 35%.

Consequently, instead of 26 competitive and intriguing contests, I'm going to end up with about 10 as I fight it out with four or five other teams who actually play the game as it is intended.

I've been playing the game for seven months now and this is the first season I've encountered this phenomenon. I would have thought that Nordeus would have been able to identify these teams and lump them in with each other like they deserve. Instead, I'm lumbered with them for the next three weeks hoping to God I'm able to achieve promotion and get the hell out of this nightmare as soon as possible! Quite an incentive, actually!

I hope this makes sense. I'd love to hear from other conscientious players who've encountered the same problem and how they've dealt with it.

Cheers
    Adam

Rookie
    They will be gone next year since they won't progress. Managers do that so they don't loose a star at the end of the season giving them a better team next season. Typically when teams cheat the system like that, they are trying to compensate for poor manager skills. So the competition probably wouldn't be the greatest anyway since they probably don't know how to train or use tactics.
    dave1311 likes this.

Hiya. Thanks for that... good to hear what other managers are thinking.

I just hope that this isn't something that happens more and more the higher up the ladder you move. That would be seriously bad news.

Rookie
    Being at level 10 for both manager and club, I have seen this happening already in my last three leagues but usually it is only a few teams so it doesn't affect much. It seems like there are usally only 5-6 teams that actually care to contend for the title while the rest seem have given up on the first match. I feel this is in part due to disparity in club quality, although I do understand it is hard for Nordeus to put all equal teams in each league considering all kinds of tricks managers play to give themselves an edge. Quite often a -10% team will hardly put up a fight it seems.

Top Eleven and testing skills. Seriously? Are you a newcomer? After playing almost a year, nope. Then you should have known it.

Besides, why complaining rather than receiving the pleasure of a nice quadruple?

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuslanot View Post
    Top Eleven and testing skills. Seriously? Are you a newcomer? After playing almost a year, nope. Then you should have known it.

Besides, why complaining rather than receiving the pleasure of a nice quadruple?
    Quadruple? You mean with the one-match trophy Super Cup? I remember there's no money reward for it, though it is good for the prestige.

I think most important perk is the big money wins that accompany the regular League, Cup and Champions League trophies. And that is not a certainty even with many weak competitors. A few decent ones out there will ignominiously halt your path along the way to the trophies. Creating massive frustration.

You should hear the pitiful laments of managers who missed out on a prestigious trophy in the semi final or final, and kept wanting to quit the game because of failure to win a single trophy season after season.

-------------

"Only the best wins."

What do you mean by "Top Eleven and testing skills."?

I shouldn't have realised it was going to happen because I'd never seen it in any of the previous seven leagues I'd been involved in. Especially not on the scale it's happening this month.

I like to earn my victories the right way; not have them handed to me because someone has decided they want to finish out of the top eight. What really riles me is that now and again, they field their strongest 11 so some poor sod ends up losing against them, but all the rest of us beat them about 7- or 8-nil!

Rookie
    Just take the W, the 8-points, and hopefully an hat trick or two for some fire. You definitely get more tough opponents as you climb the ranks

I am preparing a guide, covering the most things briefly, for you beginners.

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleGinger FC View Post
    They will be gone next year since they won't progress. Managers do that so they don't loose a star at the end of the season giving them a better team next season. Typically when teams cheat the system like that, they are trying to compensate for poor manager skills. So the competition probably wouldn't be the greatest anyway since they probably don't know how to train or use tactics.
    But stars are just a visual rating for you to see comparative information at a glance, aren't them? I mean, players are just as good with 3 or 5 stars and what really matters is the number based on stats, is that right or am I confused?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast