Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Der_Ryan_M
  • 1 Post By HeavensAAA

Thread: Does anyone care about association points issue?

Rookie

Does anyone care about association points issue?

As you may know, there is some wrong points for some associations due to daylight saving. What’s more, someone add additional 50 points for these associations intentionally. In other words, these associations get 50+(x+50)*0.2 points, this is definitely unfair to other associations.

Looking into the incident, the wrong reduction is due to some bug, but add 50 points again is intentional.

TE should fix the wrong points, fire the engineer who breaks the rule, and officially say sorry to all players.

Pro
    Saw a few threads on this.

Those who feel particularly unfair are probably among the top 100 and those who may have narrowly missed out in top 10 or top 100 when the additional points may have affects the final standings of those teams.

For the rest of platinum associations, they are mostly playing to try to get enough points to stay in the division, so it would be a nice bonus to them (which makes it easier for this season’ stay) if they get the additional points, or probably would not be an issue (others getting more points or not could not affect their own association’s mission to reach 1350 to stay).

Probably explains why most will keep playing to try to win their matches instead of keep asking to have others’ points reduced. If that makes sense.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Rookie
    The point is that the rule should be the same for everyone. I am totally fine to reduce less points and add additional 50 points at the beginning of each season.

But TE breaks rule simply, I think more and more active players will leave the game, and eventually TE will gone.

Rookie
    Does anyone from TE officially look into this problem? Or just let it go?

I was reading the thread for the third time now and still don't know what you actually mean.
    maloukees and HeavensAAA like this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    I was reading the thread for the third time now and still don't know what you actually mean.
    Basically he wants Nordeus to go to their database and revert all associations’ points gained during the final round when a very minority of clubs who played the 2nd leg of that round very late in that last hour of final day of last season were given a double tally of points due to that 1 hour of daylight savings period (when the official time of certain areas, say Europe, was moved backed 1 hour and resulted in this error).

The fact is: Associations on their own need to achieve a certain level of points to promote or stay in the same division. How other associations perform (ie. how many points other associations have) would not and could not affect own association’s destiny.

Personally, I feel this repeated requests of asking the developer to deduct points gained (in error) by other associations is quite petty and sorry. It is pretty difficult to find another better illustration of ‘hurting others without any gain for oneself’, when a manager could easily play better in their own round 1, win it and gain another 50 points legitimately for his own association.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Rookie
    We just ask the fairness of the game. It is fundamental! No one is happy with a game with such stupid bugs but cannot be handled well.

We could add 50 points for all other associations or reduce 50 unexpected points for those associations.

Imagine that TE give some player 5000000 coins but not to you, what’s your feeling?

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by seagull View Post
    We just ask the fairness of the game. It is fundamental! No one is happy with a game with such stupid bugs but cannot be handled well.

We could add 50 points for all other associations or reduce 50 unexpected points for those associations.

Imagine that TE give some player 5000000 coins but not to you, what’s your feeling?
    As explained already in my previous reply, how other associations fare (better or worse, be it with the extra points in error or not) has no resemblance of how our own association would do when we get enough points to promote stay in whatever division.

To put things into perspective, 50 points is so minimal. It is roughly equivalent to the difference of a team getting first and second in 1 round (50 vs 25, plus the difference in points gained with more wins) of a total of 4 in every season. That is how small 50 point is.

To suggest this minimal 50-point advantage with an error of 5 million T advantage is nothing but absolutely laughable and desperate. Just like comparing an atom to the whole of space.

I have a question whether friendly matches take stamina, and if so, then with both teams and if I add a league guy to my friends and play friendly with him before his league, will his condition drop?

Rookie
    If you challenge someone to a friendly, only your players will lose condition.