Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Injured players during match

Injured players during match

I was wondering if somebody did research about injured players during the game. I mean, what happens if you don't switch an injured player during a match. Last time my goalkeeper was injured during a match and I had no options to switch him for another goalkeeper, so I let him finish the entire match. I didn't notice any weaknesses and he had a good rating after all. So actually my question: is there a good reason to switch a injured player during a match (or is this cosmetic) ?

He will be switched automatically anyhow.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstel View Post
    I was wondering if somebody did research about injured players during the game. I mean, what happens if you don't switch an injured player during a match. Last time my goalkeeper was injured during a match and I had no options to switch him for another goalkeeper, so I let him finish the entire match. I didn't notice any weaknesses and he had a good rating after all. So actually my question: is there a good reason to switch a injured player during a match (or is this cosmetic) ?
    When we have an injury to our player, it is very clear from animations that there will be 1 less outfield player of our side. Hence, always make the substitution ASAP.

With injury specifically to GKs, from the several instances that my team had, it makes no difference if we choose to take no actions. ie. let the GK plays on as if there is no injury. GK will keep playing on and make saves as if he is fine. All clean sheets in those matches too. Hence, now I have 7 outfield players on the bench and save all resources from buying any backup GKs, which could be quite a lot of Ts.
    Vuslanot likes this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

He will be switched automatically anyhow.
    If you join the match you have to switch it by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    When we have an injury to our player, it is very clear from animations that there will be 1 less outfield player of our side. Hence, always make the substitution ASAP.

With injury specifically to GKs, from the several instances that my team had, it makes no difference if we choose to take no actions. ie. let the GK plays on as if there is no injury. GK will keep playing on and make saves as if he is fine. All clean sheets in those matches too. Hence, now I have 7 outfield players on the bench and save all resources from buying any backup GKs, which could be quite a lot of Ts.
    Yes for me the same, thats why I couldn't switch my GK for another one This was the first time my goalkeeper was injured over 29 levels. What about the other players when they will be injured? Which animations do you mean?
    Last edited by Amstel; 04-08-2021 at 08:43 PM.

Pro
    Yes for me the same, thats why I couldn't switch my GK for another one This was the first time my goalkeeper was injured over 29 levels. What about the other players when they will be injured? Which animations do you mean?
    You are so lucky with GK injuries with none for 28 seasons!

Level 6 club here already had 3 of those (maybe higher than average [also means engine tries more often to screw my team ]).

All other players should be substituted ASAP, as they will be treated as if they are off the field automatically already.

Animations refer to us watching the match with the show of movements of players and the ball. The setting of this should be automatically on, and you could switch it back on if somehow you switched to text mode before.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    You are so lucky with GK injuries with none for 28 seasons!

Level 6 club here already had 3 of those (maybe higher than average [also means engine tries more often to screw my team ]).

All other players should be substituted ASAP, as they will be treated as if they are off the field automatically already.

Animations refer to us watching the match with the show of movements of players and the ball. The setting of this should be automatically on, and you could switch it back on if somehow you switched to text mode before.
    Yes I think its luck but also efficient training is important to have no injuries. But unlucky for you 3 out of 6!

And yes these animations, I'm not sure if an injured player is out the match without switching him, I think he can even score while injured.

Yes I think its luck but also efficient training is important to have no injuries. But unlucky for you 3 out of 6!

And yes these animations, I'm not sure if an injured player is out the match without switching him, I think he can even score while injured.
    No, he can't score. But for me personally, when a game is close, but going well for me, mostly I don't sub an injured player and it did me well in the past.
    There is no like noticable performance drop with this. The possession is going down by a few % and thats it. So in my opinion absolutely not necessary to sub an injured player.

Rookie
    I recall seeing an outfield player in my goal, when my goalie was injured. That can't be good. Or did he receive q red card. Left the field anyway.

Edit. I mean it might not matter who stands between the posts, but that outfield player in the goal leaves me down by one man.

Apprentice
    HeavensAAA I'm surprised you don't realize that an injured GK is automatically replaced with an outfield player. And an injured player is not seen on the field of play automatically leaving you one down. You have to make a sub.

I understand the performance levels don't really change much but hey, I prefer to see a complete team when playing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast