Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: defenders as goalies

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1

    defenders as goalies

    how can anyone take this game serious when a goal keeper plays in defense and a defender is in goal not only manage to draw the game but keep a clean sheet. maybe its sour grapes i had over 78 percent position. will never buy any tokens if game so pointless

  2. #2
    Famous shwanko07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,208
    i have only one GK, he was injured early during a game, played my RB, kept a clean sheet
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

  3. #3
    Famous Raykco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,644
    During the 1960's/70's, Chelsea FC had all their 'keepers injured and were forced to play their DC (David Webb), in goal for a couple of matches, and he kept clean sheets in both of them. So it can happen.
    LONDON CITY

    Olympic Stadium...East London

    Season 47...........Manager Level 33

  4. #4
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    athens
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    During the 1960's/70's, Chelsea FC had all their 'keepers injured and were forced to play their DC (David Webb), in goal for a couple of matches, and he kept clean sheets in both of them. So it can happen.

    it can happen in real life.In a machine mustn't
    If that happens (which is happens as many other ridiculous things in the game) that means idiot programmers -developers with no commoan sense and not a clue about football.

    What's the point then to have skill points ?
    What's the point of having GK ?
    etc
    Level 25.

    12 LEAGUES ,4 CL, 1 CUP

  5. #5
    Famous Raykco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,644
    Quote Originally Posted by dimdim1 View Post
    it can happen in real life.In a machine mustn't
    If that happens (which is happens as many other ridiculous things in the game) that means idiot programmers -developers with no commoan sense and not a clue about football.

    What's the point then to have skill points ?
    What's the point of having GK ?
    etc
    Why must it not happen? If it can happen in real life, then it should be allowed to happen in a simulation. If a manager wants to play a 'keeper up in the attack to try for a vital goal, then why shouldn't he be allowed too. Have you never seen a goal keeper go forward for corners / free kicks, late in a game.
    LONDON CITY

    Olympic Stadium...East London

    Season 47...........Manager Level 33

  6. #6
    Rookie -NMR-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Paris, FRA
    Posts
    121
    To be honest, talking about GK's, I consider it really ridiculous for them to have same skills to upgrade than regular players.

  7. #7
    VIP reddeviljohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,008
    It's called a bug my friend!
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

    Season 23 Level 23


    United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2


    Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

  8. #8
    VIP pnr8555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    3,489
    GK injuries is very rare in real-world football, as during the start of 2012-13 BPL season, Arsenal were left with only one goalkeeper...

    However, in T11, using DL, DC, DR as a GK results in an illegal formation penalty.

    AEPRE FC

  9. #9
    Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by pnr8555 View Post
    GK injuries is very rare in real-world football, as during the start of 2012-13 BPL season, Arsenal were left with only one goalkeeper...

    However, in T11, using DL, DC, DR as a GK results in an illegal formation penalty.
    Ive tested this and never incurred a illegal formation penalty for playing a DC in goal.
    Ive also seen a player in goal as a result of a red card to the keeper and no sub keeper, he also kept a clean sheet (st mirren vs greenock morton, back in the nineties)