Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ristiina FC

Thread: Help against league leader

Help against league leader

Any tips/advise against a 3W-2(DMC)-1-3W-1 formation? He plays short/controlled style with pressing.

Rookie
    3W-5-2 Flat is the best option. But it depences of many things... Are better than your opponent ? Is it for the first leg or second leg (if it's Cup) ?

https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...ation-use.html
    Last edited by Ristiina FC; 04-14-2021 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1D1C1 View Post
    Any tips/advise against a 3W-2(DMC)-1-3W-1 formation? He plays short/controlled style with pressing.
    Just pay attention to the bar, is the key to know how to react or what to do.

You need to learn how to read the match scenario just from the minute 20', settings that the oppo have, mentality too can be spoted by checking the live animations and the match stats, will tell you a bit regarding the options, if the coin will flip from your side or not, just check first the efficency, from the game stats and you'll be able with time, practice and knowledge to read the scenario and react properly.

Cheers,
    Khris
    Last edited by khris; 04-14-2021 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Just pay attention to the bar, is the key to know how to react or what to do.

You need to learn how to read the match scenario just from the minute 20', settings that the oppo have, mentality too can be spoted by checking the live animations and the match stats, will tell you a bit regarding the options, if the coin will flip from your side or not, just check first the efficency, from the game stats and you'll be able with time, practice and knowledge to read the scenario and react properly.

Cheers,
    Khris
    I won the match which was a home game 4-3. Conceded a goal 5 minutes in and had my highest quality DC tosses from the game after 12 minutes. Weirdly, my team started winning after his departure, scored 4 goals straight.

Regarding your advise, I would like to know if I would have avoided 3 free kicks in the second half that turned into 2 goals for my opponent had I switched my team mentality to attack with high pressing and capitalise on the momentum swing. I was too afraid to take the risk since it is hot weather and I’m playing with 1 man short.

Rookie
    I have played exactly the same game... First leg 1-4 and after 22 minutes my opponent leading 1-2, i've turn the mentality to 'attack', defense 'pressure', tackles 'hard'... At the end i won 7-2. Direction cross bar change a soon as i've change mentality and pressure.
    khris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ristiina FC View Post
    I have played exactly the same game... First leg 1-4 and after 22 minutes my opponent leading 1-2, i've turn the mentality to 'attack', defense 'pressure', tackles 'hard'... At the end i won 7-2. Direction cross bar change a soon as i've change mentality and pressure.
    The bar, is the key. As I mentioned, the "center" of the bar, is displaced, rarely is at the exact 50%, so to control the game you need to know first of all, where is this virtual center, then you can test setting and, it is reactive, usually in just 2-5 seconds, or the upcoming animation, you will see the effect in the bar.

Good luck, and as always, this isn't about tactics, or even formations, in this game doesnt exist the concept " defensive playing style", or "set the bus", like Mou does.
    All settings exist to give you the control, so by control it means, attacking chances/animations. There is a pressure line -attack, defense, very defensive etc and a side , right center, left - where your team gets the control easily and then the animations are given to you.

Then once you're dominating the chances, there is another important matter, which is, to make effective the chances, converting them in goals.
    This depend on the players, and once you get the match control, if they miss continously, means you'll need a sub, switch players, switch FKs or corners man if they missed like 2 chances or, as last option, do a concentration of players in attack, by doing a minor formation change, just moving 1 player from one line to another usually.
    Last edited by khris; 04-17-2021 at 12:32 PM.