Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: European Super League and its repercussions

Quote Originally Posted by RaiKo View Post
    According to my observation. Real football was dead in 2010 after World Cup and succumbed to money making industry. But i liked Super League idea because current UEFA Champions League format is totally outdated and boring.
    Same here. I too liked the idea but I would like it to be performance based and want the smaller teams to have a chance even though it might be slim. Also it should be organised by a reputable governing body

I watch football like CL, Premier League or Bundesliga for entertainment, but not with much passion anymore. You can feel it's just about money.

I support my local club in 9th division here in Germany with membership and enjoy watching these matches, where the players just play for the fun the game of football provides. You know, where the farthest away match is 20km away, some car mechanic is the fastest player on the pitch and the 40 year old defender, who retired 3 seasons ago, is still playing some games, because others are injured... This is the real football and not the money grab in professional today.

I can just recommend to everyone of you to support your local, next-door, small clubs. These are having really tough times, now with Covid even more than before, while others earn millions and billions with the game we all love. And at the end it doesn't make any difference, if you watch the CL or the amateur match, both is just the game of football. The latter is even better imo, because the players play with passion for their home clubs and they don't care so much about tactics or such. They are just having fun and as a spectator this is so enjoyable.
    Last edited by Der_Ryan_M; 04-21-2021 at 07:48 AM.
    HeavensAAA, khris, RaiKo and 3 others like this.

Although I do not care much, I wished it would have been established. Thus that, Turkish teams might participate in the AFC Champions League and would be more competitive.
    Last edited by Vuslanot; 04-22-2021 at 08:51 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12