Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Youth Academy player quality progress

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    Yes, that was also my previous experience with several tries with T-costing youths from academy as well.

But then with 6T players specifically I only had tried 3-4 times with all non-FTs, and was told that there is a chance. And so I will try several more times just to confirm if there is any possibility. Worst is wasting some 60Ts, which is expected for a rather definite confirmation.
    For me it's not about the fast trainers from the youth, but if they perform well. I heard many times that they do and I know some successful managers mainly using these youth players. They are often beating similar and stronger teams.
    But how to test in an competitive environment? I'm too scared to waste my greens on a slow trainer and then he might play badly.
    Samson1865 likes this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    For me it's not about the fast trainers from the youth, but if they perform well. I heard many times that they do and I know some successful managers mainly using these youth players. They are often beating similar and stronger teams.
    But how to test in an competitive environment? I'm too scared to waste my greens on a slow trainer and then he might play badly.
    Yes, heard about the better performance possibility as well.

Personally, maybe I am lucky, or perhaps I somehow have found a good blend of the right mix of players skills + players combinations + use of formation & tactics, that my main AM always scores 2, ST scores 1 and the other front-2 scores another 1.5 to 2 between them per match over every single season. They also perform accordingly to their expected standards in asso matches, as shown by results.

That is an identical pattern with both current teams and previous team, and never did I face with performance issue with those close to 15+ FT attackers who are & were all FT buys from auctions. Obviously, I’d be absolutely over the moon if youths from academy can provide even better outputs than my current choices (to prove that I am wrong that the current choice is not optimal) and so I would not hesitate in paying some 60T, or even 200T, to even try for that better youth performance possibility.

1 possible way to test is play them against weaker oppositions in league matches and also in 2nd ties where 1st leg lead is already insurmountable. I often test those 40-70%+ 18yo defensive-positioned FTs in those matches. How well they perform in those tough matches (for them) will decide if they would be powertrained. Attackers FTs never caused me issues, thankfully.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Rookie
    Yes, heard about the better performance possibility as well.

Personally, maybe I am lucky, or perhaps I somehow have found a good blend of the right mix of players skills + players combinations + use of formation & tactics, that my main AM always scores 2, ST scores 1 and the other front-2 scores another 1.5 to 2 between them per match over every single season. They also perform accordingly to their expected standards in asso matches, as shown by results.

That is an identical pattern with both current teams and previous team, and never did I face with performance issue with those close to 15+ FT attackers who are & were all FT buys from auctions. Obviously, I’d be absolutely over the moon if youths from academy can provide even better outputs than my current choices (to prove that I am wrong that the current choice is not optimal) and so I would not hesitate in paying some 60T, or even 200T, to even try for that better youth performance possibility.

1 possible way to test is play them against weaker oppositions in league matches and also in 2nd ties where 1st leg lead is already insurmountable. I often test those 40-70%+ 18yo defensive-positioned FTs in those matches. How well they perform in those tough matches (for them) will decide if they would be powertrained. Attackers FTs never caused me issues, thankfully.
    I have been using my academy to recruit most of my players. Typically they preform good for the first season or two before unveiling elite performances My ST/AMR has the most MOM awards this season on his 3 season since academy. The advantage is that they grow in accordance to your training scheme which means they get the skill distribution that you engineered for your squad.
    HeavensAAA likes this.

Deberían mejorar la academia deberían sacar algún jugador que vaya a tener 6 a 7 estrellas porque los demás no sacan mucho rendimiento la verdad...

Addicted
    All free 0T youths are non-FTs. That is for sure.

Heard that there is a chance that those 6T ones could be FTs, so I am also trying to bet 6T every season with my 2nd team to see if that could be the case...
    My experience is that, if the same Youth coach improves an academy player to higher level than another same base-level player, then the former player is FASTER trainer. I’ve been basing my investments to YA players to this theory and it’s been actually true for me so far.

That is actually the reason I started this thread. If you look at the 2 players I posted earlier, they are very close and the decimals are the deciding factor on who is the faster trainer of the two. I remember thinking the first one as the faster one, so it must be something like 59.3+14.2% vs. 59.6+12.8% but now I can’t be sure because decimals are gone and the two players seem to be +/- 1% of each other.
    HeavensAAA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinany03 View Post
    My experience is that, if the same Youth coach improves an academy player to higher level than another same base-level player, then the former player is FASTER trainer. I’ve been basing my investments to YA players to this theory and it’s been actually true for me so far.

That is actually the reason I started this thread. If you look at the 2 players I posted earlier, they are very close and the decimals are the deciding factor on who is the faster trainer of the two. I remember thinking the first one as the faster one, so it must be something like 59.3+14.2% vs. 59.6+12.8% but now I can’t be sure because decimals are gone and the two players seem to be +/- 1% of each other.
    Yes I know, I did much testing with this here in forum when the youth academy came out. But even the ones who get much, like 36-37% with the x3.2 head coach, they are better but still no fast trainers.

Apprentice
    I've brought 3 players through my academy properly. I'm not including the ones I just sell for money and although they are not fast trainers they do train pretty fast. Anyway those 3 players I've brought through who I've put a bit of effort into I can honestly say they have been 3 of my best ever performers and they last for quite a long time. I had a dl who always used to get 9s and 10s mainly 9s but for a defender that's pretty good. Had another defender to and a MC both high performers. I will add 2 of these players where hot prospects who I improved further in the academy and then using greens and the performance of those 1 was even greater. I'm gonna do same with this seasons hot prospect and I'll let u know next season. (also I may add and correct me if I'm wrong but u will not find a fast trainer in youth academy)
    HeavensAAA, Der_Ryan_M and RaiKo like this.

Addicted
    Not only there, they also removed the decimals from the game in overall team quality.
    When you click on an opponent, your own strength and his was displayed like for example 128.8%, now it only shows 128%... Don't know why they would do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    [*]Visual improvement to the representation of team quality. Partial stars will be shown anywhere the team quality is displayed including the Home screen.

Heard that there is a chance that those 6T ones could be FTs, so I am also trying to bet 6T every season with my 2nd team to see if that could be the case...
    100% there's no correlation between the number of tokens asked and player growth speed or player's performance. You cannot find a FT from the academy.

Yes I know, I did much testing with this here in forum when the youth academy came out. But even the ones who get much, like 36-37% with the x3.2 head coach, they are better but still no fast trainers.
    Lol. You had to build your own laboratory for testing&understanding new methods in Youth Academy. Good times.
    Last edited by RaiKo; 05-14-2021 at 02:03 PM.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Finding fast trainers is quite a matter nowadays indeed.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

I don t care about 60 tokens to spend on academy players, my problem is that they count when the draw is made. I lost a quadruple in one season as far as I remember because of them. At the higher levels, if you re not 105-110% is hard to win trebles every season. I m not even sure how they count, their rating from academy or rating +20 .

For attackers having very low Grey skills it matters if you want to be competitive in associations.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast