Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Flanks or middle?

Flanks or middle?

I thought it would be interesting to hear what playing style we often use.

With the formation I use, 4-5-1 v style I always attack the flanks and usually my central midfielders have less of an impact.
    Does anyone have a preference?

Also, how often do you attack, defend or leave it normal mentality?

As I use the classic 4-4-2, I don't usually put too much emphasis on particular players attacking and leave it as normal mentality. I am surprised though how much influence my two wide players seem to have on matches.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Yeah, my wingers are the main men in my team.

My 6 star and 5 star centre mid get average ratings. I wonder if I went 4-1-2-1-2 and focus on the middle, maybe all 4 midfielders may get good ratings.

I almost always have orders set to attacking, home & away. I play mixed, I have strong wingers [stronger on the left side] but also very strong MC - of which I use 2. I play 3[w]- 4- 1-2 a lot. Or if I need to , against strong teams I may do 3-1-4-2 using my DMC.

13 wins this season, 12 points clear, must be doing something right.

Flanks or middle?-leagueupdate13w.jpg
    Last edited by Keith Gaule; 05-19-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Is the formation using AML/AMR? Then always down both flanks.

Are your only flank players, DL/DR? Then always through the middle

You can kinda tell what to use but when in doubt, use mixed passing.
    Raykco and El Pistolero like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

I use mixed passing + offensive mentality everytime. Seems to be the best choice, despite choice of formation.
    Raykco likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Dreamer
    I mostly use the flanks, but that's usually my opponents' weakness as well. I've used passes through the middle mainly with 4-1-3-1-1. Otherwise I usually play with Normal mentality. I've used Attacking a few times, usually with success and the one time I used Defensive I got beat badly.

flanks with 4141 changing to 451V .. but my CM scores alot tbh .. they always are here to finish the chances after my ST or winger pass all defenders or from a long shoot
    meanwhile my team is way to balanced .. i feed attacking skills to my mid and strikers and compensate not feeding defending skills by applying conservative approach 4141 with defensive mentality ..
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

I would love to try out the AC Milan's legendary 4-1-2-1-2 diamond and play narrow but I just fear my wings will be a major weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    I would love to try out the AC Milan's legendary 4-1-2-1-2 diamond and play narrow but I just fear my wings will be a major weakness.
    YOLO! (Unless you're a christian)

Anyways I can't seem to find a formation to stick with. I have too many players I wanna use and too little places to put them. My favourite so far has been 3w-1-3n-3. I'm ok with switching formations for now as I'm only level 1 and I'm 2nd in my league with a 9-2-2 record and have only lost one cup match so far.

For mentality I find myself using attacking or hard attacking most of the time. My recent cup match I played (which happens to be the only one I lost) I had one the first game 3-1, and I had an important league game right after the 2nd game, so I decided to use a 4-1-3-2 and use hard defending as I just wanted to keep him from scoring more than 2 or 3. The result? I'm trailing 3-0 at the end of the first half. I was too lazy to bother changing formation on my crappy phone so I just changed from hard defending to hard attacking. I managed to get one goal to make it 3-1 and send it into extra time, where I scored another to win the round.

Long story short, never use hard defending.. although you may not wanna listen to me as I have played this game all of 2 weeks.

also, anyone have any ideas for a decent attacking formation that's still good defensively? Thanks
    El Pistolero likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast