Thread: Has CL tie break rule changed?

Addicted

Has CL tie break rule changed?

After 5 matches, I am tied at points with another team in the group, who has better goal difference than me. However, I beat them once and got a draw in the second match, so I am ahead in terms of away goals, but still the standings showing me behind.

Did the tie breaking criteria change without announcement and without updating the Rules text in-game (i.e. did they remove the away goals rule)? Or will the standings updated according to the games we played against each other after all matches played in the group?
    Last edited by Sinany03; 04-06-2022 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinany03 View Post
    After 5 matches, I am tied at points with another team in the group, who has better goal difference than me. However, I beat them once and got a draw in the second match, so I am ahead in terms of away goals, but still the standings showing me behind.

Did the tie breaking criteria change without announcement and without updating the Rules text in-game (i.e. did they remove the away goals rule)? Or will the standings updated according to the games we played against each other after all matches played in the group?
    this game follow the real life head-to-head rules over GD just like in UCL/WC/euro or whatever mini league/group stage into KO round.
    H2H rules is better anyway because there're often times when other team already qualify they just throw other game so the better team lose out on GD.
    Oh also imagine if there're 2 friends in 1 group, and other friend deliberately lose heavily to his friend while other team struggle fighting against that guy best team.
    so yeah H2H rules always been used in group stage-KO round format all round the world because it's the best way to determine best team to qualify from that group

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinany03 View Post

That happened to me last season.
    The tie breaking head to head rule is only applied after all the group games have been completed.