Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Taffy1956
  • 1 Post By Steppenwolf

Thread: Relegation!

Relegation!

I know it has been discuss before but; the last 3 or 4 season in the leagues I've been in. I have notice at least 3 or 4 teams each season purposely putting a very weak team to finish near the bottom of the league to avoid promotion! I still recon that if you have only 4 teams being promoted; and 4 being relegated; with position 5 to 8 still qualifying for the super league. In my opinion the leagues would be a lot more competitive and stop teams so much throwing games on purpose.
    I expecting some players to say no to this; but if this game is more competitive and make the game even better than what it is now.
    maurizio2208 likes this.

That's tanking for you. Probably the number 1 most complained about thing in TE.
    Many solutions have been offered. A few have been implemented, most recently the multiplier in Associations and not getting the rewards then barred from competing in it.
    But still many Managers do it and concentrate on the Cup & CL. Not my thing as I want the League every season.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 122
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy1956 View Post
    I know it has been discuss before but; the last 3 or 4 season in the leagues I've been in. I have notice at least 3 or 4 teams each season purposely putting a very weak team to finish near the bottom of the league to avoid promotion! I still recon that if you have only 4 teams being promoted; and 4 being relegated; with position 5 to 8 still qualifying for the super league. In my opinion the leagues would be a lot more competitive and stop teams so much throwing games on purpose.
    I expecting some players to say no to this; but if this game is more competitive and make the game even better than what it is now.
    I purposed almost the same thing some months ago: abandon the current stupid level structure in order to adopt a league structure more similar to the association one with promotion and relegation. From diamond league or premiere league or as you like to name it and then down down to the gold and silver.
    In these way, in few months, really competitive teams that want to spend money will be in the premiere league and the others down following their strength.
    Competitions would be more fair. But of course guys who are happy to spend money to win easy would be less gratified

VIP
    Mate, if a tanker stays at the same level, his team quality will remain the same... If they would do relegation, they would have to add 20% to all his players, so his team would be 20% stronger and that would be even more unfair to those from a level bellow, who play regular game...
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Yes I know what you mean the cup competition are a lot more competitive! As for leagues yes that's what I concentrate on get promoted most season but if all teams played the league right then I would more likely miss out some seasons so there is a benefit to teams throwing games?

Quote Originally Posted by maurizio2208 View Post
    I purposed almost the same thing some months ago: abandon the current stupid level structure in order to adopt a league structure more similar to the association one with promotion and relegation. From diamond league or premiere league or as you like to name it and then down down to the gold and silver.
    In these way, in few months, really competitive teams that want to spend money will be in the premiere league and the others down following their strength.
    Competitions would be more fair. But of course guys who are happy to spend money to win easy would be less gratified
    Yes Totally agree mate there was another game I played that had proper national leagues which was a lot better but other things in that game was no where near as good as TE

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
    Mate, if a tanker stays at the same level, his team quality will remain the same... If they would do relegation, they would have to add 20% to all his players, so his team would be 20% stronger and that would be even more unfair to those from a level bellow, who play regular game...
    yes thats true but hopefully it would mean there would be fewer teams doing it? Because I think most players would always like to play at the highest level possible?

Quote Originally Posted by dave1311 View Post
    That's tanking for you. Probably the number 1 most complained about thing in TE.
    Many solutions have been offered. A few have been implemented, most recently the multiplier in Associations and not getting the rewards then barred from competing in it.
    But still many Managers do it and concentrate on the Cup & CL. Not my thing as I want the League every season.
    Yes I know what you mean the cup competition are a lot more competitive! As for leagues yes that's what I concentrate on get promoted most season but if all teams played the league right then I would more likely miss out some seasons so there is a benefit to teams throwing games?

It's subjective. Those who tank will say it's a benefit but for me and the way I play, I like to build my team each season rather than have mutant players. The fun is in the renewal and building for me. Just a shame at my level, winning anything other than the League is almost impossible with my 134% team against a 170% in the cups.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 122
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator