Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 24 tokens for a 38 star goalkeeper... is it worth it?

S.M
    or get a GK on negotiations!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by S.M View Post
    Hi Guys, Here`s the comparison between my 2 GKs, sorry I should have put this in my first post. The left one is the u21 player with an asking price of 24 tokens!!!

Worth it? or shall i get a 23 year old GK 44 Quality minimum 8 token for 4.5m on negotiations?

At the end of the day, going up only 3Q is not worth the outlay of tokens. When upgrading a player, you should be shooting for increasing at least 5Q or 1* to make it worthwhile, unless you are trying to get a much younger player and then you understand you are taking a hit on the quality to get youth.

38Q for you is 4*. My scout GK for the past 2 seasons is 5* about to hit 6*, so he is fast training still and regaining his star every season and then some. Your 38Q GK would have trained to 5* and lost the star back to 4*.

My point is that you want something of higher quality so you can keep him at this high quality for a few years. Some will say buy the 4* GK at 18yo, but I would rather have a 22yo 6* and you can train for the season to 7* and constantly keep him at 6/7* for a few years.

If you powertrain, buy the 18yo, its a no-brainer as you will have him at 6/7* within the season.

So if I were you, I would buy a scout GK. I have done that on all my accounts. A good investment.

S.M
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    At the end of the day, going up only 3Q is not worth the outlay of tokens. When upgrading a player, you should be shooting for increasing at least 5Q or 1* to make it worthwhile, unless you are trying to get a much younger player and then you understand you are taking a hit on the quality to get youth.

38Q for you is 4*. My scout GK for the past 2 seasons is 5* about to hit 6*, so he is fast training still and regaining his star every season and then some. Your 38Q GK would have trained to 5* and lost the star back to 4*.

My point is that you want something of higher quality so you can keep him at this high quality for a few years. Some will say buy the 4* GK at 18yo, but I would rather have a 22yo 6* and you can train for the season to 7* and constantly keep him at 6/7* for a few years.

If you powertrain, buy the 18yo, its a no-brainer as you will have him at 6/7* within the season.

So if I were you, I would buy a scout GK. I have done that on all my accounts. A good investment.
    Thanks for the advice.I think I`m gonna go for a GK on negotiations, 8 tokens for a 44 quality with SA!

But i`ve waited so long for this one
    Do i get anything when releasing this player?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123