Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Flanks or middle?

It depends by your formation. When playing 3-2-2-2-1 Butterfly, I'm playing on both flanks because my AML and AMR are awesome. (Well, okay, my AML is injured, gonna buy a new and younger one if I see one.)

I think wingers are over-rated. My MC scores almost as much as one of my strikers, more than either ML/MR, and never gets below a 7 for each match. Now, of course, you might say those wing mids are crossing the ball, and they do set up now and then, but most action is through my MC/AMC - but still have it set to mixed. If I changed it to down the flanks this would change, if I changed it to through the middle, this would change, mixed works best for me, even when using AMR/L

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Gaule View Post
    I think wingers are over-rated. My MC scores almost as much as one of my strikers, more than either ML/MR, and never gets below a 7 for each match. Now, of course, you might say those wing mids are crossing the ball, and they do set up now and then, but most action is through my MC/AMC - but still have it set to mixed. If I changed it to down the flanks this would change, if I changed it to through the middle, this would change, mixed works best for me, even when using AMR/L
    What formation do you use to get your MC/AMC to score?

Quote Originally Posted by festinator View Post
    YOLO! (Unless you're a christian)

Anyways I can't seem to find a formation to stick with. I have too many players I wanna use and too little places to put them. My favourite so far has been 3w-1-3n-3. I'm ok with switching formations for now as I'm only level 1 and I'm 2nd in my league with a 9-2-2 record and have only lost one cup match so far.

For mentality I find myself using attacking or hard attacking most of the time. My recent cup match I played (which happens to be the only one I lost) I had one the first game 3-1, and I had an important league game right after the 2nd game, so I decided to use a 4-1-3-2 and use hard defending as I just wanted to keep him from scoring more than 2 or 3. The result? I'm trailing 3-0 at the end of the first half. I was too lazy to bother changing formation on my crappy phone so I just changed from hard defending to hard attacking. I managed to get one goal to make it 3-1 and send it into extra time, where I scored another to win the round.

Long story short, never use hard defending.. although you may not wanna listen to me as I have played this game all of 2 weeks.

also, anyone have any ideas for a decent attacking formation that's still good defensively? Thanks
    Once, I was winning 1-0 and I decided to try and hold on to the result so I was about to change to defending 4-3-3 long ball through the middle counter attack and before I pressed save I was losing 1-2 with two quick goals, I pressed save and luckily, scored 2 goals in the last 10 minutes to win 3-2

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    As I use the classic 4-4-2, I don't usually put too much emphasis on particular players attacking and leave it as normal mentality. I am surprised though how much influence my two wide players seem to have on matches.
    Mine is pretty much this, though I do tend to concentrate down the flanks as the flank players are my better players and the majority of my opposition always seem to leave the flanks wide open.

As for mentality, usually normal (sod defensive), though if we need to get a result, I will go attacking and if that fails, it is all out attacking with red arrows on all midfield players (go for broke you see).
    Raykco and El Pistolero like this.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Use 4-2-3-1 and I usually attack down both flanks. Worked well for me. I use attacking if my opp's flanks are exposed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12