Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MARCO CAIA
  • 2 Post By MARCO CAIA

Thread: Why do people bid and buy players in last days of season?

Dreamer

Why do people bid and buy players in last days of season?

Now, I concede that if a team is not promoting then they can very well buy valid players for the next season otherwise I do not see the point in investing money in players since if a team promotes loses 20% which is BS, I see they also are so incredibly, lack of adjective, giving you a player of the day to buy at 959 tokens and 11.6 million who in their right mind would buy a player this expensive on the last days of the season? It's like buying a high-priced car knowing that as soon as you leave the lot it will depreciate 20% and even if, even if you do not promote and keep all your stars, I have much better things to do with 11 million and 959 tokens incredible, are there actual people stupid enough to buy such an overpriced player? This game gets more and more outrageously priced with every passing season. Other managers do not like managers to tank but I see no other alternative with the way the game is now. I think I will have to do just that next season. I am getting tired of building a team to perform well and then losing it because it did well. It's insane! This game as is does not incentivize to invest to do well.
    JohnnyEye likes this.

Addicted
    Noone have an answer for your question. You could ask this 7 years ago and still it would be the same dilemma. Why?
    You promote or you tank there is no big deal. There is no major benefit to promote because you always loose if you do this. It's just affect your association team in a nice way or in a bad. Kinda suck if you ask me.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by MARCO CAIA View Post
    Now, I concede that if a team is not promoting then they can very well buy valid players for the next season otherwise I do not see the point in investing money in players since if a team promotes loses 20% which is BS, I see they also are so incredibly, lack of adjective, giving you a player of the day to buy at 959 tokens and 11.6 million who in their right mind would buy a player this expensive on the last days of the season? It's like buying a high-priced car knowing that as soon as you leave the lot it will depreciate 20% and even if, even if you do not promote and keep all your stars, I have much better things to do with 11 million and 959 tokens incredible, are there actual people stupid enough to buy such an overpriced player? This game gets more and more outrageously priced with every passing season. Other managers do not like managers to tank but I see no other alternative with the way the game is now. I think I will have to do just that next season. I am getting tired of building a team to perform well and then losing it because it did well. It's insane! This game as is does not incentivize to invest to do well.
    All the people who have just started playing might do that.
    They think that they are preparing for next season not realising the 20% drop. There will be a lot of first season players who do that.

Dreamer
    The game has to make some really drastic changes to be fair to all. First of all these back-to-back match times because of time zone distance has to end. We cannot play teams from Indonesia and East Asia. US EST must play within its hemisphere or at least time zones plus or minus 6 hours is the limit to keep it fair and balanced for all managers. I have submitted many change messages that the game programmers MUST take into consideration to make this game a much better playing experience for all. Leagues need to be broken up into promotional lower leagues and prime permanent leagues such as is in real football. Promotional leagues ( maybe 6) where teams can ( first 4) promote the next and the last 4 relegate to the lower losing the 20%. Teams that promote should not lose 20% but remain as they are, the teams between the first 4 and the last 4 remain at the level they are and stay in that one league until they promote or relegate. Teams that are in these leagues DO NOT COMPETE in Cup or CL until they reach the Prime permanent league and then they must qualify for those competitions. The first 3 go into CL and the 4th through 7th enter into the Cup competition. The rest just play the league. Winners and runner-ups (first 3 in the league) win prizes, tokens and boosters and money in a descending amount, the winner gets the most, the other 2 get reduced prizes. Those who do well MUST be rewarded not penalized by losing quality. There should not be two matches in one day, that is not fair and not realistic. Basically, the game has to be changed a lot. Once a team reaches the Prime permanent league it stays there for three consecutive seasons, this would make for some good rivalries within the league among managers and then if a team does not relegate (last 4) they will be placed into another permanent prime league with better teams etc. if they finish in the last 4 positions they get sent back to the previous league and so on, ONLY relegating teams lose the 20%. If they change the game to reflect these changes then the game will become better for all and even for Nordeus itself, teams will no longer have to tank, since this is a major pet peeve with a lot of managers, this way managers will no longer have to tank, in fact, the relegating factor will encourage everyone to do better and to get better prizes will incentivize managers to build a better team. It may take a little longer to play a season, but I believe everyone will be better. for this BTW I know that the matches are computer generated at the beginning of each season but that is what we pay programmers to do, programming can be changed.
    Mpire7 and Tom Red like this.