Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Teamplay drill???

Rookie
    I think the concept IS cool
    But as usual, don't forget to spend money
    And i don't be part of this
    maloukees and vinim like this.

Apprentice
    This company is only interested in taking money from us. There is no impin game play, just more ploys to make us pay for things.

Training drills were OK before, they have now just made it worse by removing x2 and reducing the growth.

Another opportunity to fleece its customers
    vinim likes this.

Famous
    I REALLY DO NOT like this update...

It is pure PAY TO WIN... never ever!!

So be it...

SO I play ONLY the League and no more for the Cup and Champions League.. so be it...

It cost to much greens to maintain the condition for the team
    vinim likes this.

Famous
    This is the worst 'necessary' update I think Nordeus have ever introduced lol
    As a player who plays on browser I don't get videos anyway and have just done 6 x training sessions, all my players are around the 60% mark, and attack/possession/condition are around the 2/3rds mark, defence is around one third, I can't even fill the bars.
    Pointless playing now if I go into every game in a few days with my teamplay and sharpness at zero as It's just not possible to do the basics unless money is spent.
    I have an account on the app as well which I gave up on as once you are above level 80 or so every team is a token buyer so started again on browser and it's actually been enjoyable playing and competing with a team around 80%, being able to use Youth Academy etc
    Pretty much ruined now
    maloukees and vinim like this.

Addicted
    Training is hard now and it takes much more time.
    But that slow process to train one player still remains...
    I dont know who suggest nordeus to do those kind of updates but i wish they better dont do anything at all.
    vinim and jarharnamme like this.

Apprentice
    Incredible, they can't make a measly improvement that doesn't force the user to spend money. To hell, bastards.

Soon we will have to pay money or spend tokens to put 11 players on the field...

More and more I think about stopping playing TE...

Enviado de meu SM-A546E usando o Tapatalk
    vinim and Tonke like this.

Abysmal update , that you can't train players to 10% without wiping out all your Green packs . This will be my last season, after 10 years,unless they change and improve it . Have put up with some of the previous rubbish they have foisted on players, but this is the worst . If all they want is players who spend loads of cash they won't be left with many players .
    vinim, Michael026, Tonke and 1 others like this.

Completely agree This update is ridiculous I've been playing the game for nearly 9 years but in 2 or 3 seasons I'm leaving and hopefully any sane players will too. Training was the only thing left that was fair and taking away the X2 from anything under approx 10% is just taking the piss. As a previous player said as soon as I saw a training update was on its way you knew it was going to screw over the REAL player and just concentrate on the rich
    Tonke and vinim like this.

Issues aplenty

This update feels overcooked to me, and very misdirected. There are three reasons for this (among many others).

1. Poor targeting of profit sources

The first issue with the update is it seeks to extract cash from people who simply do not have it. In this sense, it is misguided.

Ok, so profit is the main focus. But profit comes from several sources, ranging from the big-spending whales, down to infrequent buyers of monthly cards or other low-end purchases. While we do not know numbers, I would not be surprised if a greater number of coaches within the lower half of $'s spent.

Where a coach sits on the scale of $'s spent will influence their spending discretion, ie when they buy, what they buy, and how often they buy. The more money a coach has or is wiling to spend, the less discretion.

One issue with this update is that it targets the lower-spending, higher-discretion group by raising the threshold for free/low-cash participation in a basic element of the game. This group will not shift to spending more. Often, because they cannot afford to.

The update could have targeted the high-spenders by introducing a discrete element of pay-to-gain training, like it has with the training book, without a reduction in training effectiveness across the board. High-spenders will pay for the benefit of this feature, mid-low range spenders will not.

2. Required Spend for Basic Game Mechanics

The second issue with the update is it seeks to incentivise spend from a basic game mechanic at an early stage.

The game can, and I would argue should, contain spending avenues to satisfy all spending types. This is achieved by: (1) having things available for different budgets; and (2) having different aspects of the game more or less spending incentives than others. The issue with the update is it affects the second point, with more spending incentive placed on an area that previously had a high-level of cash-free playability.

To retain lower spending/non-spending customers, fundamental aspects of the game need to function at a base-level without spending. Training was one of these aspects.

As many have noted, the update has commoditised one of the last relatively cash-free parts of the game. It has also not done so subtly. The more areas that require cash, and the earlier cash is required, the less "free" the initial game becomes.

Say I am a new player to the game. How many aspects of the game do I come across where money is not required and, how many aspects do I come across where money is not seemingly required instantly. The issue with the update is that the spend on training is in your face, and early on. There are few fundamentals of the game for players to develop an interest for 'free', before eventually being incentivised to spend when they realise there is a progression ceiling.

3. No Noticeable Gain or Permanent Benefit from Spend

The third issue with the update is that it seeks to incentivise spending on a immaterial game mechanic, training.

Most things you buy in the game give you a benefit or gain of some sort. Some things, like tokens, are easy enough to grasp. They are an in-game asset and we know what they translate to (ie we know how to use them and what we get from using them). Other things that can be obtained through spend, like Playstyles, special abilities, and player stats, confer a permanent (or semi-permanent) improvement, the benefit of which was can grasp fairly easily.

For example, we largely see the effects of higher player stats. We also - because the developers recognise the problem if we do not - 'see the effects' of playstyles and special abilities. But, the fact that the game shows us the special abilities and playstyles 'in action' reflects the issue - unless we 'see them' how do we know they do anything.

This is one problem with the training update. How does someone 'see' the results of their spend. In comparison to the things mentioned above, there is minimal noticeable gain from improved training. It may benefit things, but how is that made clear in a game scenario. On top of this, the gain is temporary.

So, the result of the update is that a coach is asked to spend money on temporary 'gain', without real evidence of any 'gain' being shown. in short, a poor mechanic to target for player spend.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast