Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Poor team performance.

Addicted
    I dont know. Playing against 1% team shows nothing because team performs well in those matches. All team rating varies from 8(gk and defenders because they dont have a lot of work) to 9-10 (mostly attackers).
    However in league matches all team performs poor not just single players. Rating varies from 6-to 7 for all players. It's impossible to win something. My team overall quality compared to others in league is like in between - there are a bit better but there is even way worse.
    My wish would be to stay in 8th place but with current result i stay at 14 and i dont see any ways to make it to 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by MARCO CAIA View Post
    I tried my team at 119% against a 1% team and my team sucked only won 2-0 I have a very good team but this season it is obvious that it is not performing properly in every game I have scored very little and not performing like last season and many players are the same as last season plus some new ones very good players, so something is definitely off this season
    This show you the problem, 2-0 means your team dont play fluidly and, that you have a lack of attacking/scoring animations on your players.
    If you can add some capture of report + ratings screen, may help.
    But I tell you now, its a science because now you need to understand how the engine thinks.
    Players have internally 2 powers, one affect the chances to be selected in the animations, the dominance power, and the contributive power, is related to effectivity.
    You have players with high dominance power and low contributive one, and probably these are covering others from being selected when the Game apply the variables.

Lets see if some screens help to identify some cards, so to discard players and set a better team.
    Thats your target, and if you see a sub doing great, count with him as dmc or MC because he can unlock the team performance if he dont stole animations from others.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    This show you the problem, 2-0 means your team dont play fluidly and, that you have a lack of attacking/scoring animations on your players.
    If you can add some capture of report + ratings screen, may help.
    But I tell you now, its a science because now you need to understand how the engine thinks.
    Players have internally 2 powers, one affect the chances to be selected in the animations, the dominance power, and the contributive power, is related to effectivity.
    You have players with high dominance power and low contributive one, and probably these are covering others from being selected when the Game apply the variables.

Lets see if some screens help to identify some cards, so to discard players and set a better team.
    Thats your target, and if you see a sub doing great, count with him as dmc or MC because he can unlock the team performance if he dont stole animations from others.
    my attack players are all very good contributors usually so I'm still puzzled all I can say is that all my best scorers missed every shot possible. In other friendlies, they scored a lot so I'm not sure why now the game gives out these results.
    Last edited by MARCO CAIA; 01-10-2024 at 05:44 PM.

Dreamer
    by the way, I just checked and the entire team had high marks, all of it so something is still off. I did not have one player at 6 and all were higher than 7 to the highest my best player with 9.6 the whole attack had high marks they all played very well actually from watching the game just could not score a lot of easy misses and their GK blocked almost every shot
    Last edited by MARCO CAIA; 01-10-2024 at 05:57 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by tomu741 View Post
    Need help to overcome team's poor performance. Currently at 13th position. It's second season like this. After defeat 0-2 to a team with 10 players, i think something is not good there.
    What i see is that i concede a lot of goals and i cant create chances. It's like my players cant find a way where to pass a ball. There are lot of intercepts which constructs to opponent counter attacks.
    Add two pictures with form and stat and skills.
    Attachment 140783 Attachment 140784
    First of all try and increase moral of the players you can do this with the free boosters

Try looking at your tatics i seem to keep mine simple and it seems to be working lately
    Team mentaliy - Normal
    Focus passing - mixed
    passing style - mixed
    Force counter attacks - off
    pressing stlye - low
    tackling style - easy
    marking style - zonal
    play offside trap - off

Sounds stupid but the tatics might be the issue your having

If that doesnt work try repostioning your players

put the DR and DL half a postion above the edge of the box and the 2 DC just inside the box

put the DMC/MC into midfield so have 3 midfield 1 furthest left as possible, other to the right as possible then 1 dead in centre

Also i noticed i was having trouble with attack with AML and AMR so i pushed them down a bit so half way between mid and st and put st just outside the box

I was having the same problem as you with scoring and letting in goals and for some reason with a simple tweek i am scoring more and letting less goals in

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by ianruk View Post
    First of all try and increase moral of the players you can do this with the free boosters

Try looking at your tatics i seem to keep mine simple and it seems to be working lately
    Team mentaliy - Normal
    Focus passing - mixed
    passing style - mixed
    Force counter attacks - off
    pressing stlye - low
    tackling style - easy
    marking style - zonal
    play offside trap - off

Sounds stupid but the tatics might be the issue your having

If that doesnt work try repostioning your players

put the DR and DL half a postion above the edge of the box and the 2 DC just inside the box

put the DMC/MC into midfield so have 3 midfield 1 furthest left as possible, other to the right as possible then 1 dead in centre

Also i noticed i was having trouble with attack with AML and AMR so i pushed them down a bit so half way between mid and st and put st just outside the box

I was having the same problem as you with scoring and letting in goals and for some reason with a simple tweek i am scoring more and letting less goals in
    Well, i tried with this default 4-3-3 variation but it changed nothing.
    Hm, putting dr/dl above the box makes them wingbacks and it would be a bit risky, isn't it? Same with dc, pushing them backwards make them like sweepers because their animation changes.
    My aml/amr is in exactly same postion as yours.

I think my striker is a bit weak as a lone striker because he cant score a lot for some reason, so i tried to play with 2 strikers and 3defenders today. I won 1-0 but still i see in animation that players cant find proper way where to pass a ball. So i gonna stick with 2 strikers formation for some time and see how results gonna be.
    What i see that i have low shots on target after matches - like from 2-5 mostly. What can be reasons for this i dont know, maybe you?

Rookie
    Well, i tried with this default 4-3-3 variation but it changed nothing.
    Hm, putting dr/dl above the box makes them wingbacks and it would be a bit risky, isn't it? Same with dc, pushing them backwards make them like sweepers because their animation changes.
    My aml/amr is in exactly same postion as yours.

I think my striker is a bit weak as a lone striker because he cant score a lot for some reason, so i tried to play with 2 strikers and 3defenders today. I won 1-0 but still i see in animation that players cant find proper way where to pass a ball. So i gonna stick with 2 strikers formation for some time and see how results gonna be.
    What i see that i have low shots on target after matches - like from 2-5 mostly. What can be reasons for this i dont know, maybe you?
    "Hm, putting dr/dl above the box makes them wingbacks and it would be a bit risky, isn't it?" i mean if they are wingbacks it could make you have more chances on goals right? which might add to more shots and more shots on target

"Same with dc, pushing them backwards make them like sweepers because their animation changes." putting them closer to the goal might help with defending your goal ?

I am not sure but i did have trouble concending a lot then i changed the way the defenders are pushing them back (Not down arrows) just back a bit or closing their gap a bit and i started conceneding less

I also had trouble scoring like even agaisnt lower % teams i would score 1 or 2 goals until i moved the DL/DR up a bit

I guess it is just a bit of trial and error and what works for some might not work for others i seen so many formaion tutorials where people are like "best formation" and i tried it and it ends up bad
    maloukees likes this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by ianruk View Post
    "Hm, putting dr/dl above the box makes them wingbacks and it would be a bit risky, isn't it?" i mean if they are wingbacks it could make you have more chances on goals right? which might add to more shots and more shots on target

"Same with dc, pushing them backwards make them like sweepers because their animation changes." putting them closer to the goal might help with defending your goal ?

I am not sure but i did have trouble concending a lot then i changed the way the defenders are pushing them back (Not down arrows) just back a bit or closing their gap a bit and i started conceneding less

I also had trouble scoring like even agaisnt lower % teams i would score 1 or 2 goals until i moved the DL/DR up a bit

I guess it is just a bit of trial and error and what works for some might not work for others i seen so many formation tutorials where people are like "best formation" and i tried it and it ends up bad
    Maybe i would give it a try.
    However, if you can make dl/dr fullback or wingback just by placing them in different spots of zone so what is connection with playstyles (fullback, wingback ?).
    I am very skeptical with best formations and tactics on the internet too, especially youtube, because look of their teams - 8-9* stars attackers with all stats above 200%. They have those so called mutant players and they dont have problems to beat anyone... Title - the best tactical game - and everything he done in the match - changed from attacking to normal mentality ))).

Addicted
    You can do whatever you want, still same problems - intercepted passes to the attacking players which end in opponent counter attack, low shots on target so noone scores. Any ideas?

Famous
    You can do whatever you want, still same problems - intercepted passes to the attacking players which end in opponent counter attack, low shots on target so noone scores. Any ideas?
    Just try another formation..

I did the same and start winning again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast