Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By wind

Thread: Give cheese to ordinary players, give crowns to super players, and make everyone happ

Rookie

Give cheese to ordinary players, give crowns to super players, and make everyone happ

First of all, I was and am the founder and organizer of a successful game guild. The guild I led has contributed more than 1% of the revenue in some games with monthly revenue of more than 10 million US dollars, even though we only have A guild with less than 100 people.

As a player of football games, I started with FIFA95 and CM92, and used to help EIDOS with the localization work of Champion Football Manager (free and voluntary, just to help players in the country to play better games)

This just proves that I'm not bull**** and that I really understand the game of football and the psychology of the players.

1-The classification of game players is divided into three categories in terms of income contribution

1.1, 1% of the top players, they will contribute more than 90% of the profits, depending on the content of the game itself, the number of other players, and whether there is additional feedback (these three points are very important)

1.2, 20% of the middle-class players will contribute 10% of the profits. They have two characteristics. One is that they may become 1% of the top players under certain stimulation; or they may become 80% of the mass players. After they are disappointed. How they change depends on whether their spending and familiarity with the game combine to lead them in a certain area (which is important).

1.3, 80% of mass players basically spend no money, but it is very important, because if there is no player base, there will be no one for the 1% of players and 20% of middle-class players to show off, and there will be no future.
    Whether these players can be retained depends on the amount of free resources and the difficulty of obtaining them.

2-TE now
    Judging from my exchanges with TE players, including several unlimited associations, the world's number one association, and players who own more than 1000% of the teams.
    There is such a problem:

2.1, 99% of players don’t spend money because they don’t need to. The 79-99% team strength is the easiest range to obtain happiness. In this range, you don't need to spend a penny. Moreover, except for the unlimited association, other association competitions are completely sufficient in this range.
    This group of players also takes up a lot of servers and bandwidth, causing huge costs.

2.2, 1% of players spend, at most 100 euros per month, including possible high-level sponsors, occasional academy coaches, and occasional lab purchases. Few people will directly purchase TOKENS and various resource packages, because FACEBOOK will teach players how to spend money.

3-The root of the problem

3.1 is determined by TE’s own game genes. When a game has a history of more than ten years and tens of millions of free players, the future of the game is no longer decided by the game company itself. No one dares to lose more than 15% of players, not to mention that there are always conservatives and radicals in big companies, haha.

3.2. TE’s current profit model determines that advertising revenue and third-party game sharing, based on this player ratio, have become TE’s main source of profit. As a result, no one dares to risk touching these interests.

4- Solutions to problems

4.1. Keep the free benefits for 80% of the public players unchanged, that is, advertising in exchange for resources, third-party games to obtain TOKENS, retaining the largest player group, and not touching the current interest groups.

4.2, create local leading opportunities and more reward resources for 20% of players, such as changing the King of Kings mechanism. Currently, King of Kings only attracts 80% of free players. The rewards are not attractive to middle-class players. Only if it is attractive enough will it stimulate players to invest.

To put it simply, I invest 9.99 euros, can I get more than 1000 TOKENS? If so, I will invest, otherwise, I will only give the 9.99 euros to the third-party game company in exchange for more than 1000 TOKENS.

If you design an event that targets 20% of middle-class players and rewards more than 1,000 tokens, you can see how many players will invest 9.99 euros or more. These will be direct profits.

4.3, bring a crown to 1% of players!
    Not a simple symbol like the King of Kings! It's a real crown! TE can design a copy of the game, which requires members of the top 100 unlimited associations to participate. The reward is a special logo for a season and a special manager skin. The winner can receive massive rewards and a special entry flash!
    You can see that the Top 100 Association will no longer constantly change personnel to avoid matching labels. The members of the Top 100 Association will pursue this honor crazily.

In this way, giving different player groups different pursuit goals can allow each group to obtain corresponding benefits, instead of touching everyone's cheese.

5-Strengthen associations and social interactions. The current association system is too backward. This was the system from ten years ago. If there is no progress, it will only be slowly eliminated.

This is a huge systematic design. Let’s talk about it again when we have the opportunity.

Don’t be stingy in giving resources to the mass players, don’t be stingy in giving resources to middle-class players, and don’t be stingy in giving honors to super players! Otherwise, what is the money spent for?Instead of taking away the cheese from ordinary players
    efc123 and Altiplano like this.

Rookie
    To take back what I said before, when I saw in a mini-game that $25 was used to buy a useless item, I knew that TE’s biggest problem was arrogance and bureaucracy, which resulted in two different price systems operating together. I've never seen a mature game run like this, haha. So be it

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by wind View Post
    To take back what I said before, when I saw in a mini-game that $25 was used to buy a useless item, I knew that TE’s biggest problem was arrogance and bureaucracy, which resulted in two different price systems operating together. I've never seen a mature game run like this, haha. So be it
    just in one mini game???

Famous
    TE makes a lot of money, with people who watch ads for resources.. but this is already since last season not working anymore

Dreamer
    It was to be expected that after the playstyle boost, they would come up with more gimmicks to make us spend. $ 19.99 for these new playstyle boost packages? Really? They are insane! Do they think that we go to work to earn money to give to them to play a stupid game? I mean really! I saw a guy the other day who said he spends 100 euros per month on this game, what? He must have an addiction to spending that much, that is 12,000 euros per year. That is a month's rent. They are insane and these people who spend that much, it's like a drug. This is what they are doing it is shameful. I am appalled at this continuous attempt to make us spend so much. Greed at its best at this point. Please Nordeus, get some big sponsors and stop overcharging us players to play this game. This is insane! You cannot ever recover, each season they create more and more high-spending crap, instead of giving us some incentives to play the game they simply try to lure us with new updates which later end up having an unreasonable expense to bear. It's disgusting now!

Quote Originally Posted by wind View Post
    First of all, I was and am the founder and organizer of a successful game guild. The guild I led has contributed more than 1% of the revenue in some games with monthly revenue of more than 10 million US dollars, even though we only have A guild with less than 100 people.

As a player of football games, I started with FIFA95 and CM92, and used to help EIDOS with the localization work of Champion Football Manager (free and voluntary, just to help players in the country to play better games)

This just proves that I'm not bull**** and that I really understand the game of football and the psychology of the players.

1-The classification of game players is divided into three categories in terms of income contribution

1.1, 1% of the top players, they will contribute more than 90% of the profits, depending on the content of the game itself, the number of other players, and whether there is additional feedback (these three points are very important)

1.2, 20% of the middle-class players will contribute 10% of the profits. They have two characteristics. One is that they may become 1% of the top players under certain stimulation; or they may become 80% of the mass players. After they are disappointed. How they change depends on whether their spending and familiarity with the game combine to lead them in a certain area (which is important).

1.3, 80% of mass players basically spend no money, but it is very important, because if there is no player base, there will be no one for the 1% of players and 20% of middle-class players to show off, and there will be no future.
    Whether these players can be retained depends on the amount of free resources and the difficulty of obtaining them.

2-TE now
    Judging from my exchanges with TE players, including several unlimited associations, the world's number one association, and players who own more than 1000% of the teams.
    There is such a problem:

2.1, 99% of players don’t spend money because they don’t need to. The 79-99% team strength is the easiest range to obtain happiness. In this range, you don't need to spend a penny. Moreover, except for the unlimited association, other association competitions are completely sufficient in this range.
    This group of players also takes up a lot of servers and bandwidth, causing huge costs.

2.2, 1% of players spend, at most 100 euros per month, including possible high-level sponsors, occasional academy coaches, and occasional lab purchases. Few people will directly purchase TOKENS and various resource packages, because FACEBOOK will teach players how to spend money.

3-The root of the problem

3.1 is determined by TE’s own game genes. When a game has a history of more than ten years and tens of millions of free players, the future of the game is no longer decided by the game company itself. No one dares to lose more than 15% of players, not to mention that there are always conservatives and radicals in big companies, haha.

3.2. TE’s current profit model determines that advertising revenue and third-party game sharing, based on this player ratio, have become TE’s main source of profit. As a result, no one dares to risk touching these interests.

4- Solutions to problems

4.1. Keep the free benefits for 80% of the public players unchanged, that is, advertising in exchange for resources, third-party games to obtain TOKENS, retaining the largest player group, and not touching the current interest groups.

4.2, create local leading opportunities and more reward resources for 20% of players, such as changing the King of Kings mechanism. Currently, King of Kings only attracts 80% of free players. The rewards are not attractive to middle-class players. Only if it is attractive enough will it stimulate players to invest.

To put it simply, I invest 9.99 euros, can I get more than 1000 TOKENS? If so, I will invest, otherwise, I will only give the 9.99 euros to the third-party game company in exchange for more than 1000 TOKENS.

If you design an event that targets 20% of middle-class players and rewards more than 1,000 tokens, you can see how many players will invest 9.99 euros or more. These will be direct profits.

4.3, bring a crown to 1% of players!
    Not a simple symbol like the King of Kings! It's a real crown! TE can design a copy of the game, which requires members of the top 100 unlimited associations to participate. The reward is a special logo for a season and a special manager skin. The winner can receive massive rewards and a special entry flash!
    You can see that the Top 100 Association will no longer constantly change personnel to avoid matching labels. The members of the Top 100 Association will pursue this honor crazily.

In this way, giving different player groups different pursuit goals can allow each group to obtain corresponding benefits, instead of touching everyone's cheese.

5-Strengthen associations and social interactions. The current association system is too backward. This was the system from ten years ago. If there is no progress, it will only be slowly eliminated.

This is a huge systematic design. Let’s talk about it again when we have the opportunity.

Don’t be stingy in giving resources to the mass players, don’t be stingy in giving resources to middle-class players, and don’t be stingy in giving honors to super players! Otherwise, what is the money spent for?Instead of taking away the cheese from ordinary players
    "Keep the free benefits for 80% of the public players unchanged, that is, advertising in exchange for resources, third-party games to obtain TOKENS"

I completely object to "Keep the Third Party games to obtain tokens idea". Because they are the reason the game is filled with Indonesians that have no money to invest in even a sponsor, but somehow they have teams competitive enough to play TOP100 association ,while people that will spend hundreds of euro per month for full in game purchases will never dream of.

Keep the pay to win players as they are, rare, and cut the Token Farming managers that are 50-100 times more often than p2W managers.

I don t have the same offers these Asians have, and we come again to how unfair the game is that they give other people better token offers.

Might as well cut them all....I don t care

The same offer Asian people have for 10-14k tokens I have for 4-5k tokens.
    Some games I don t even have, as a matter of fact I don t have many worthwhile offers.

Indonesians thought " Well, I can have a team as or more competitive than P2W people by just playing these games for a couple of days, or weeks."

After they made their accounts very powerful they started farming tokens for other people s accounts or creating new accounts so they can use the same 10-14k offers.
    After raising 20-30k tokens they sell the accounts.
    Some accounts are going for around 10$ or sometimes even less for 1000T.

If I m not playing the same offers that don t payout the same tokens, I m basically surpassed by people who buy much cheaper accounts farmed by Asians, p2W people and even Asians themselves.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    "Keep the free benefits for 80% of the public players unchanged, that is, advertising in exchange for resources, third-party games to obtain TOKENS"

I completely object to "Keep the Third Party games to obtain tokens idea". Because they are the reason the game is filled with Indonesians that have no money to invest in even a sponsor, but somehow they have teams competitive enough to play TOP100 association ,while people that will spend hundreds of euro per month for full in game purchases will never dream of.

Keep the pay to win players as they are, rare, and cut the Token Farming managers that are 50-100 times more often than p2W managers.

I don t have the same offers these Asians have, and we come again to how unfair the game is that they give other people better token offers.

Might as well cut them all....I don t care
    I agree 100% that the games they give us are ridiculous, tasks nearly impossible to do, and very time-consuming for the little we get. When I get stinking 5 tokens and have to play a third-party game for hours on end even days and in Asia they get 500 tokens for the same, then I say if they keep it this way, they must split the areas of play. Keep the Asian players playing among themselves and make competitions between the Western hemisphere where we all have the same token options and offers. This would also eliminate these ungodly match hours we have to play at times when playing these Asian teams.