Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RaiKo
  • 1 Post By Alexder

Thread: New matchmaking system in the cup is already compromised!

Addicted

New matchmaking system in the cup is already compromised!

Hello. After the start of the 2nd season, I proudly confirmed the matchups for the teams in the new matchmaking system in the cup and it appears that each season the matchups will be determined based on the ranking of the teams according to their reputation points as i explained in the table below. To identify the favorite of the tournament each season, simply look at the top team in the matchup table.

New matchmaking system in the cup is already compromised!-addtext_09-08-10.17.47.jpg

The main goal here seems to be to have the top two teams with the highest reputation face off in the final. Unfortunately, you won't be able to face your main rival before reaching the final. It is up to the elite managers to discuss how exciting it will be to have matchups repeated in the same way every season (very similar to the new Champions League play-off procedure).

Teams placement in fixture table Team's reputation ranking
    1st 1
    5th 16
    9th 8
    13th 9
    17th 4
    21st 13
    25th 5
    29th 12
    33rd 2
    37st 15
    41st 7
    45th 10
    49th 3
    53rd 14
    57th 6
    61st 11

Good luck!
    Last edited by RaiKo; 09-08-2024 at 08:44 AM.
    maloukees likes this.

Yeah, I can see that, I'm in the first slot of the 2nd bracket, so 33rd, and I can see why I'm not in the 1st slot... 1st has 3 Stellar Players and many players with more than 300% whites
    RaiKo likes this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexder View Post
    Yeah, I can see that, I'm in the first slot of the 2nd bracket, so 33rd, and I can see why I'm not in the 1st slot... 1st has 3 Stellar Players and many players with more than 300% whites
    Yes, the new matchmaking system offers a more balanced and fair competition for everyone. We had suffered a lot of bad memories in the previous draw system. The monster teams that were two levels above your team's AvQ would suddenly appear in the cup. So For them, the cup titles were a walk in the park, the other side leaving you with a little chance of success.

Personally, I would have preferred to face my main rival in early rounds before reaching the final where a two-legged games would allow for the possibility of recovering you from a bad match.

There’s no guarantee that you’ll win the final in a single match. Considering the simulation engine of the game which sometimes allows the victory by chance and the negative momentum randomly assigned to each club during the season. the risk of losing in a single match is higher.

If you're a highly dedicated manager, tracking your rival until the final day and making strategies based on the rival team's progress and moves can lead to a stressful season, as you'll have to wait for the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiKo View Post

Personally, I would have preferred to face my main rival in early rounds before reaching the final where a two-legged games would allow for the possibility of recovering you from a bad match.

If you're a highly dedicated manager, tracking your rival until the final day and making strategies based on the rival team's progress and moves can lead to a stressful season, as you'll have to wait for the unknown.
    I'm a competitive guy and I like stats/records tracking, so I want to go all the way through in every competitions no matter what, and I don't track my rivals until I face them, I believe in my team xD