Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: When to start playing all subs/reserves? League just about wrapped up

When to start playing all subs/reserves? League just about wrapped up

So I'm 17 points clear at the top of my league season 2 - with 6 games to go. Unless I happen to lose every game, without so much as a draw [my goal diff is far superior to every other team, inc 2nd] - I'm on the home straight without a worry.

Is it time to rest all my stars? And give all my back benchers a chance to shine? Or keep playing the big boys, but rotate more often, so they still get experience [they will lose a star next season] and keep their morale up?

Anyone else pretty much completed their mission? with a very slim chance of being caught? How are you playing it?

not playing your best players will make them drop moral
    and doubt experience count in the game tbh , i think the engine just look to the age .. this is why all match a player played in a season is erased by new season
    meanwhile, if you play first team, you make risk some injuries too .. which can carry on to next season
    .. what i do is often play first team against teams that don't injury players and give the reserve a chance facing aggressive sides that cause injuries
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

What I mean by experience is the skill points they may receive for playing. To help make them stronger for next season when they'll drop a star. It's a bit of a juggling act alright, hard to know what's best. I think most teams in my league turn to hard tackling when playing me!

tbh i noticed my players get at least same if not more from training than by playing matches (except for the one who get MOM +1 skill)
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

You could be right on that, but of course, training + a match means that bit more. Might be just one point, but they all add up

I've managed to sell all the crud players recently and bought in some not-so-bad young players, been pumping the training into them prep for next season. It's those I'll be playing out the end of league with.

If a player is injured end of season, does it carry on?

I also started up a new team on a new FB account for my own friendlies. Don't bother with them against others anymore.

My league match is like 15 minutes before my semi final match so I'm resting my first team as I'm 13 points clear.

Thankfully I didn't have that issue as I went out of the cup 3rd round. But now I'm thinking I need to fill in those spare reserve spots for next season when I'll be in all 3

Should I be buying in advance now? or wait, and buy better players start of next season? When do people off-load most?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Gaule View Post
    Thankfully I didn't have that issue as I went out of the cup 3rd round. But now I'm thinking I need to fill in those spare reserve spots for next season when I'll be in all 3

Should I be buying in advance now? or wait, and buy better players start of next season? When do people off-load most?
    Hardly worth buying anything now except if you buy a 5* players thats close to 6* so he is low-end 5* next season for the bargain hunters. but still for some players they may lack that bit of quality, so I suppose if your buying for reserves for next season its not a bad option. Fast young trainers are maybe worth buying?

Some managers will off load now and some will do it during the beginning of next season, selling players for the maximum amount of $ is touch and go between now (higher starting $, one bid to sell) and the beginning of the new season (lower starting $, but possible bidding wars).
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

If you're going to sign players, sign them a few skill points from a 6th star so they'll be 5 stars for next season.

Cheers guys. And here comes the n00b question; how do you know when they are close to 6 stars?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast