Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Explain me...

  1. #1
    Dreamer Nicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    362

    Explain me...

    ..how the hell works this game engine.
    Champion's semifinales.

    First leg away.
    3-1-4-2 vs his narrow diamond.
    Starting 11 quality: 46.2 vs 43 for me.
    Both manager were present, +5% ball possession for him.
    I easily won 2-0.

    Second leg at home.
    3-1-4-2 vs his narrow diamond.
    Starting 11 quality: 46.4 vs 43 for me.
    SAME ORDERS. EVERYTHING WAS THE SAME.
    He was not present, +13% ball possession for me.
    I lost 0-3!!!!!!!!

    Why??
    Why in 90 minutes I've read just 1 (a single one) commentary for my team.
    What the hell would be a "safe" result in first leg?

    I was totally powerless. It seemed that nothing could change the final result.
    Mad Horses
    Level 29 (Italian team, season 31)
    League: 1st place: 16 - 2nd place: 6 - 3rd place: 2
    Champions: 1st place: 8 - 2nd place: 5 - 3rd place: 2
    Cup: 1st place: 3, 2nd place: 1 - 3rd place: 2

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    hmmm, there is no reasonable explanation for this as you seemed to have all the advantages after winning 2-0 away.

    The afterthought would have been to park the bus and have a more defensive formation, with 4 in the back line, like a 4-1-4-1, but with narrow diamond it does not make sense to have DL/DR as he goes through the middle.

    Still, 3-2-3w-1-1, is something I would have tried, to go up the middle myself and counter his middle formation. with 2 DMC to help out the 3 DC, you should have at least tied the game or won with a low score.

    Regardless, I had the same problem: I won the first leg away 2-1 and lost the home game 2-4 with the same formation, 3-1-4-2 vs his 4-3-1-2. I was surprised to say the least. 4 goals in a game against me has not happened all season with this account. I kicked myself for not playing a bit more defensive going home with the lead...

    Oh well, there is always next season. Good luck mate!

  3. #3
    Rookie nicvdv's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Belgium, Waasmunster
    Posts
    74
    That is dem bad luck but indeed not logical.
    Season 1: League 2 - CL Didn't play - CUP didn't play
    Season 2: League Winner - CL Winner - CUP Winner
    Season 3: League Ongoing(momently 1st) - CL Ongoing (group fase 3th place) - CUP Ongoing (qualification rounde)

  4. #4
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    210
    @Nicky Welcome to the T11 game engine where everything is possible. One of my friends won 4-0 away in the first leg and lost 7-2 at home in the return leg, how about that? ) The game engine is a joke and you cant really do something about it.

  5. #5
    VIP pnr8555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    3,484
    Don't worry, even Liverpool can also lost to Oldham, and Real Madrid can even lost to Dortmund...

    AEPRE FC

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by pnr8555 View Post
    Don't worry, even Liverpool can also lost to Oldham, and Real Madrid can even lost to Dortmund...
    Yes and even Chelsea can lose to QPR. Whats your point?

  7. #7
    Famous shwanko07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    ..how the hell works this game engine.
    Champion's semifinales.

    First leg away.
    3-1-4-2 vs his narrow diamond.
    Starting 11 quality: 46.2 vs 43 for me.
    Both manager were present, +5% ball possession for him.
    I easily won 2-0.

    Second leg at home.
    3-1-4-2 vs his narrow diamond.
    Starting 11 quality: 46.4 vs 43 for me.
    SAME ORDERS. EVERYTHING WAS THE SAME.
    He was not present, +13% ball possession for me.
    I lost 0-3!!!!!!!!

    Why??
    Why in 90 minutes I've read just 1 (a single one) commentary for my team.
    What the hell would be a "safe" result in first leg?

    I was totally powerless. It seemed that nothing could change the final result.
    that is happening to me too
    now i understand, orders and formations should change if home or away .. as home teams tend to push up regardless of your orders in 50% of time, while tend to counter away regardless of your order .. so if i play 4 t mid with 3 central CB away. my players tend to be in front of opposite players and deny them space, so it works, but at home i noticed the inverse and my players tend to going up more thus get more exposed with same formation and orders
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

  8. #8
    Famous Raykco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    ..how the hell works this game engine.
    Champion's semifinales.

    First leg away.
    3-1-4-2 vs his narrow diamond.
    Starting 11 quality: 46.2 vs 43 for me.
    Both manager were present, +5% ball possession for him.
    I easily won 2-0.

    Second leg at home.
    3-1-4-2 vs his narrow diamond.
    Starting 11 quality: 46.4 vs 43 for me.
    SAME ORDERS. EVERYTHING WAS THE SAME.
    He was not present, +13% ball possession for me.
    I lost 0-3!!!!!!!!

    Why??
    Why in 90 minutes I've read just 1 (a single one) commentary for my team.
    What the hell would be a "safe" result in first leg?

    I was totally powerless. It seemed that nothing could change the final result.
    As he had better quality team, and more ball possession in the first match, maybe YOU got lucky to win, and he was the unlucky one. His superior quality came good in the second match.
    LONDON CITY

    Olympic Stadium...East London

    Season 47...........Manager Level 33

  9. #9
    Dreamer Nicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    hmmm, there is no reasonable explanation for this as you seemed to have all the advantages after winning 2-0 away.

    The afterthought would have been to park the bus and have a more defensive formation, with 4 in the back line, like a 4-1-4-1, but with narrow diamond it does not make sense to have DL/DR as he goes through the middle.

    Still, 3-2-3w-1-1, is something I would have tried, to go up the middle myself and counter his middle formation. with 2 DMC to help out the 3 DC, you should have at least tied the game or won with a low score.

    Regardless, I had the same problem: I won the first leg away 2-1 and lost the home game 2-4 with the same formation, 3-1-4-2 vs his 4-3-1-2. I was surprised to say the least. 4 goals in a game against me has not happened all season with this account. I kicked myself for not playing a bit more defensive going home with the lead...

    Oh well, there is always next season. Good luck mate!
    Thank you.

    I've considered too the chance to park the bus but what if I lose?
    I still would keep on telling me how stupid was to change the formation.

    In Italy we always say "never change a winning formation"

    Moreover, this is the first time in 5 seasons that I conceded 3 goals in a match.
    I lost the past champions final 0-1 without complaining. It was a good match and defeats can happen.

    This time is not logical but.. let's start with the new season
    Last edited by Nicky; 05-30-2013 at 10:44 PM.
    Mad Horses
    Level 29 (Italian team, season 31)
    League: 1st place: 16 - 2nd place: 6 - 3rd place: 2
    Champions: 1st place: 8 - 2nd place: 5 - 3rd place: 2
    Cup: 1st place: 3, 2nd place: 1 - 3rd place: 2

  10. #10
    Dreamer Nicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    that is happening to me too
    now i understand, orders and formations should change if home or away .. as home teams tend to push up regardless of your orders in 50% of time, while tend to counter away regardless of your order .. so if i play 4 t mid with 3 central CB away. my players tend to be in front of opposite players and deny them space, so it works, but at home i noticed the inverse and my players tend to going up more thus get more exposed with same formation and orders
    thanks, it's a further possibility to test
    next time I'll try to start more defensive
    Mad Horses
    Level 29 (Italian team, season 31)
    League: 1st place: 16 - 2nd place: 6 - 3rd place: 2
    Champions: 1st place: 8 - 2nd place: 5 - 3rd place: 2
    Cup: 1st place: 3, 2nd place: 1 - 3rd place: 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast