Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What is the point of (investing) in young players ?

That is correct IMO
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Reason, you can keep 1 young player for 3,4,5 seasons, my record was 8 or 9, what you win from here? A lot of tokens and very less moneys, but replacing him every season I would lose much, much, much more moneys and tokens.
    jklm_37 likes this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    18-21 is best age for high gain in training
    That's what ive always found to be the case...

Young is gooood :P...
    JKLM FC...

L1- L- 4th/C -Prelim's...
    L2- L- 3rd/CL- Winner/C- SF's...
    L3- L- 2nd/CL- QF's/C- QF's...
    L4- L- 1st/CL- (Og)/C- Playoffs...

W.B.A......BOING BOING!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    Reason, you can keep 1 young player for 3,4,5 seasons, my record was 8 or 9, what you win from here? A lot of tokens and very less moneys, but replacing him every season I would lose much, much, much more moneys and tokens.

you dont win a lot of tokens ...... as i told 7 season recycling your 1 older player cost 30 token MAX and money (and as i noticed and according to forums money is not the problem in game)

and that to power train with only 50 greens and not taking into consideration the red packs

i still cant decide if youth vs recycling players are better :/ and opinions are split here too

considering the fact that after 4 seasons, you can buy older players on the TL that are better than your young player or same level its hard to decide :/

"Agreed...you can buy a young (18) 4* player on the market for one token & about £1- 2 M" not in my server

"Is there any way of finding out that they are "ducks"??"

to me i aim they have a ratio of 6 k per skill point worth , i dont think they are totally accurate but ok i take all skills i multiply by 5 then i divide the price with that number and see how much each skill point worth if its over 5 k i try to take him (but dont know if that is the right way)

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by xempen View Post

so the invest are for approximately 7 seasons for 46 tokens + 10(+-) for buy = 56 tokens and 4 M

now lets say i invest in a market 24 years old player that need little skill points to get to new star quality that mean
    a 34 quality player that will become 35 and with matches maybe toward scout player that players cost around 1,5 million
    and 3 token max and il have a kinda semi scout player

in next season i sell this one and buy a new one with 39 quality that will go to 44 quality etc etc etc

so 7 season x 3 tokens x 1.5 m = 21 tokens and 10 M to having a player in semi scout condition

so according to my toughs having a 1 level higher player cost 1.5 more times the tokens (and as tokens are the problem
    for free users) i dont know i find it that its not worth investing in young players and is better to invest in 24 years old players

what is your opinion about this matter ?
    did i do wrong calculations ?
    my thoughts are correct ?
    other more experienced managers have different opinions ?

ps . can the forum admin remove my topic on tactis and formation i made mistake by posting it there
    Got it. If it's easy to bid in your server, I think you should replace your squad every season to reach the better team quality. I have carried out this plan for 3 seasons and it was really wonderful. I always have 2/3 squad with 6* after 3-5 days of the season.

to me i aim they have a ratio of 6 k per skill point worth , i dont think they are totally accurate but ok i take all skills i multiply by 5 then i divide the price with that number and see how much each skill point worth if its over 5 k i try to take him (but dont know if that is the right way)
    Ive gone over my squad using your 5K method and im not sure if it was me using it wrong but ive found 4K gives a fairer reflection...

Also ive tried another method of rating my sub 21 players...if you get the age of the player (ideally 18) and subtract that from his skill level...

i.e..an 18 yr old with a skill level of 23 = a +5 player whereas another 18 yr old with a skill rating of 21 = a +3 player...with this method i have a better idea of which players to go for in the market...

It would mean tho that whenever you look at a player with a view to buying that you'd have to find out his estimated skill level...

With the 5K method i had zero players from my first 11 who hit it...

With the 4K method i had two players from my first 11 who hit it...

With the star method i had players from my first 11 of - 1x+6, 3x +5, 2x + 4 & 3x +3...

One 20 yr old player i bought (1.2M) has gone from a 24 star rating to 25 in less than 3 days & only 2 matches ...

Is this perhaps a good way of spotting talent as opposed to "ducks"???...
    Last edited by jklm_37; 06-04-2013 at 01:23 AM.
    JKLM FC...

L1- L- 4th/C -Prelim's...
    L2- L- 3rd/CL- Winner/C- SF's...
    L3- L- 2nd/CL- QF's/C- QF's...
    L4- L- 1st/CL- (Og)/C- Playoffs...

W.B.A......BOING BOING!!!...

you dont win a lot of tokens ...... as i told 7 season recycling your 1 older player cost 30 token MAX and money (and as i noticed and according to forums money is not the problem in game)

and that to power train with only 50 greens and not taking into consideration the red packs

i still cant decide if youth vs recycling players are better :/ and opinions are split here too

considering the fact that after 4 seasons, you can buy older players on the TL that are better than your young player or same level its hard to decide :/

"Agreed...you can buy a young (18) 4* player on the market for one token & about £1- 2 M" not in my server

Moneys is a bigger problem then tokens, even from level 1, if are taking 2 players under 20, you are out of moneys
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Quote Originally Posted by jklm_37 View Post
    Ive gone over my squad using your 5K method and im not sure if it was me using it wrong but ive found 4K gives a fairer reflection...

Also ive tried another method of rating my sub 21 players...if you get the age of the player (ideally 18) and subtract that from his skill level...

i.e..an 18 yr old with a skill level of 23 = a +5 player whereas another 18 yr old with a skill rating of 21 = a +3 player...with this method i have a better idea of which players to go for in the market...

It would mean tho that whenever you look at a player with a view to buying that you'd have to find out his estimated skill level...

With the 5K method i had zero players from my first 11 who hit it...

With the 4K method i had two players from my first 11 who hit it...

With the star method i had players from my first 11 of - 1x+6, 3x +5, 2x + 4 & 3x +3...

One 20 yr old player i bought (1.2M) has gone from a 24 star rating to 25 in less than 3 days & only 2 matches ...

Is this perhaps a good way of spotting talent as opposed to "ducks"???...

well my scout levels are having 6 k -+ average skill point cost , and according to forums scout players are kinda fast trainers
    the 5 k rule i put mean he is REALLY REALLY fast trainer and is a must have for me
    but tbh i aim for 3800 - 4200 per skill point , at least for my players the ones that train 140 to 180 % are around 4 k each
    you said for the 4k you had 2 players that hit it (is those players indeed your faster trainers? they take the biggest % ? )
    btw i think i notice some interesting facts too , i notice some players train better in different kind of training , but i need more tests to run)

the star method you say i didnt understand how you calculate

One 20 yr old player i bought (1.2M) has gone from a 24 star rating to 25 in less than 3 days & only 2 matches (well if he was 4 skills points away its normal) = your 20 years old if indeed in 2 matches he went from 24 to 25 mean he has something like :
    24,6 defence - 24,6 defence - 25 stamina = 371 skill points ----> 1.2 m / 371 = 3200 skill point per value = semi fast trainer = around 120 % skill level per match is that correct ?

Scout players are not fast trainers. Depend on age and moneys like with all players.

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    Scout players are not fast trainers. Depend on age and moneys like with all players.

i speak about 22 years old with 39 quality costing 3.5 M that is my measurement as you cant find lower age than 22 i make comparison with that

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast