Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New Cup Format

Rookie

New Cup Format

My suggestion.

Where possible keep all teams within level bands. 1-3 4-6 7-9 etc etc.

Cup consists of 16384 teams. This means 13 rounds in total to win the cup. This is the same amount of matches as current competition so can fit in with the same schedule.

1 match straight knock-out each round. This is the style of the actual FA Cup, every match counts!

Semi-final/Final is Neutral.

The prizes in latter rounds can be really astronomical sums like $150,000,000 for the whole competition

This would be a much more fair solution! It would stop token buyers moaning! It would probably also make it the most prestigious of the three as it would be extremely extremely rare to win and probably not usually won by a token buyer either.

With home advantage I'd happily take on a token buyer in a one off game.

In England they call the 'The magic of the FA Cup'

What do others think? How can we suggest this to Nordeus?

Dreamer
    That would be insane, nobody wants to play in a competition where they have a 1% chance of winning the trophy. Not to mention you haven't thought of the replays in case of a draw, which would results in some teams playing 3 matches in a day. Add the crappy time scheduling to that mix and it quickly becomes a disaster - it's bad enough already.

Plus, I don't think that the chances of token buyers winning it would be slimmer - it would literally become a game of chances and the higher your team's quality, the higher your chances are.

Rookie
    No replays, it is straight knockout!

Nobody wants to play in a big competition?

Is there 16384 teams around the same level on each server, that will be interesting to find out. 128 team competition is fine as it is. Plus on some servers 16384 would be across a lot of levels, I'm L19 and I've been promoted each and every season and I think there is only a few hundred teams above mine now on my server level-wise and every season I promote, the less teams that will be above mine level wise. Because of the servers I don't think a 16384 cup would be possible to make it a more fair competition.

I'm no fan of the current cup format, but season by season, I'm slowly adjusting to it.
    thon and Raykco like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Rookie
    P.S There are 128 teams in current cup so there already is less than 1% chance of winning

Rookie
    You can play friendlies across servers. As each round is drawn 'out of a hat' it can be programmed in a similar way.

I think that the Cup now its not a lot of fear, cause there I'm playing vs ppl whit +2 lvl then me and its real hard to win against team whit players whit 10+ skill more then my best player :S

Can someone explain the difference between the old and new formats for me?

Quote Originally Posted by festinator View Post
    Can someone explain the difference between the old and new formats for me?
    Old format: Upto Season 37 - Pyramid Cup, Teams across all levels were chucked into all cups and there were matches of L15 v L2 for example and the highest level teams were seeded to get to the later stages, You were also put into cups with your friend clubs.

New format (current): Season 38 - Present, Quality Cup, teams of roughly the same amount of quality were put into the same cup, the best 128 teams on each server would play in the same cup, then the next cup would feature the next best 128 and so on. Nordeus changed the format to try and make it more fair to all managers.
    Sxrenity likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

the only thing to change that the prize money and make it the most valuable cup. Playing with player the same level with you is better than 10 + level or 20 + level.
    for me cup prize = 3 champion league prize.

and 128 opponent is something lourd for the game i thinks. it take 2 seconds for just loading results of the first day !
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast