Thread: why is this a illegal formation

Addicted

why is this a illegal formation

I just had one of those awesome games where a much inferior team outclasses you (20-16 in shot, 12-8 shots on target for the other team).
    Of course I had to lose. Not only that, but the game wouldn't let me log on until the 60% of the match was over and even then, the changes I did didn't happen because the game bugged, threw me out and when I came back one of my plaeyrs had received a red card that didn't exist previously.
    That's how this game works and why we all love it so much (not).

But what stumped me today was, towards the end of the game I changed my 4-4-2 narrow diamond to a 3-1-2-1-2 ND. Was it because I had no wingers or wingbacks? If so, is this something new? Coz I think that I have used a similar tactic before without it being deemed an illegal formation

Addicted
    yes, you need at least 1 wing player on each side (but not more than 2)

and its not new
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    I just had one of those awesome games where a much inferior team outclasses you (20-16 in shot, 12-8 shots on target for the other team).
    Of course I had to lose. Not only that, but the game wouldn't let me log on until the 60% of the match was over and even then, the changes I did didn't happen because the game bugged, threw me out and when I came back one of my plaeyrs had received a red card that didn't exist previously.
    That's how this game works and why we all love it so much (not).

But what stumped me today was, towards the end of the game I changed my 4-4-2 narrow diamond to a 3-1-2-1-2 ND. Was it because I had no wingers or wingbacks? If so, is this something new? Coz I think that I have used a similar tactic before without it being deemed an illegal formation
    Nothing new, there's no wing players at all.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<