Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: a few insights about this game

Rookie

a few insights about this game

Hi,

I've been playing T11 for a while and reading this forum every day, so I wanted to share a few of my insights with you.

1. First of all, this game has hidden attributes, just like Football Manager, Championship Manager and others.
    that means you can never tell what kind of player you'll get until you get him. he can be a fantastic trainer but poor performer, he can be a great performer and lousy trainer, and he can be an aggressive player that gets a lot of yellow cards (and sometimes spits..).
    The theory says that the higher priced he is, the better trainer/player he will be. that is not always the case, I've had quite a few very expensive players who were awful players or crappy trainers.

2. The star quality of the player doesn't necessarily represent the actual quality of the player, and the performance he will give.
    That means that a 5 star/ 6 star player can be a ****ty player who keeps producing 4-5-6 ratings and cost you games, while a 4 star player gets 7-8-9 rating and be a solid performer. In my experience, players that keep getting 4-5-6 rating never get better and only seldom get a 7-8 game, I have tried benching them, hard training them, renewing their contract or even changing their name and nationality, nothing worked, so my advice to you is to get rid of them, and keep the solid 4 star players as long as they play well.

3. finally, and this is just a theory of mine, I think that there are cases that some players will play great and still get only 6-7 ratings. You can see that happening when you see them score, assist or block goals and still get low rating for no real reason. I think it also has something to do with the hidden attributes and a calculation the game engine makes when calculating their star quality and their performance, and then compares it to other, lower quality players that played well.

there a few more things that I can think of but I don't want you to get tired reading.... :-)

Hope this helps and I'll be happy to get some feedback.

P.S.

I'd like to add that since Nordeus introduced Mourinho as a manager, I have a pretty strong suspicion that one of the key attributes in the game is the player's speed skills, just check the speed of Mourinho's players...
    Last edited by itayfranko; 06-10-2013 at 02:00 PM.
    Raykco, sincity, QuocBao and 5 others like this.

Thanks , I will keep that in mind, it does seem to be true what you say, but sometimes when playing a stronger team your thought is to put in all your top star players. At the moment I seem to have a happy balance this season. Although some who play in the league get top raitings but in my first foray into CL, they sometimes get not great ratings even against a so called lower stat team.
    LEDDY FC Level 7
    HONOURS
    League Champions 5 times (undefeated season 2 and 6) Runners Up x 1 grrr
    Cup Winners Season 5 (Wembley Stadium)
    Champions league Winners season 5 (Float Marina Singapore)(Cup Double)
    Champions league Winners season 4 (Joy at The Nou Camp )(League and CL Double)
    Champions League Finalist season 2 (The Amsterdam Arena Spud Gun/Helmet Cheese Penalty fiasco )

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by leddy View Post
    Thanks , I will keep that in mind, it does seem to be true what you say, but sometimes when playing a stronger team your thought is to put in all your top star players. At the moment I seem to have a happy balance this season. Although some who play in the league get top raitings but in my first foray into CL, they sometimes get not great ratings even against a so called lower stat team.
    In my opinion these hidden attributes is the main reason for people to get upset about losing to weaker teams. They don't realize that although they have a squad full of 5/6 star players, those players might be weak, unreliable and unpredictable, so when facing lower leveled teams with solid players they often lose.
    Raykco likes this.

Apprentice
    I could say the same for youth academy players...People think that a player worth 24 t is usually a very fast trainer but I've had a 12 t dl who trained quite fast and he stayed with me for 2-3 seasons and played quite well before I let go of him.

Banned
    Some older manager and I had guessed about hidden attributes already.

And, now I have a *5 22 yo striker who used to be my hero (often scored) on previous season (he was *6 striker).
    He's playing bad now, getting rated around 4-5-6.
    I think his form may be different next season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubran Afridi View Post
    I could say the same for youth academy players...People think that a player worth 24 t is usually a very fast trainer but I've had a 12 t dl who trained quite fast and he stayed with me for 2-3 seasons and played quite well before I let go of him.
    that goes against any logic left in this game.

the whole point about paying top dollar for a player is so that he trains fast and/or is highly skilled and worth the money.

If Nordeus goes against this and provides ducks for top dollar, then they are truly screwing their customers. We buy the top players for top dollars because we want the best, and for them to offer 12T youths and make them better than 24T youths, then something is wrong on the Nordeus decision making process side.

So it can be true that your 12T youth trained fast in relation to your other players, which means that they were either old players or young players with low monetary value. I think 100% of the time 12T is a low end trainer in terms of 18yo youths.

@ Itay - There u go!
    itayfranko likes this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jey2208 View Post
    Some older manager and I had guessed about hidden attributes already.

And, now I have a *5 22 yo striker who used to be my hero (often scored) on previous season (he was *6 striker).
    He's playing bad now, getting rated around 4-5-6.
    I think his form may be different next season.
    That's interesting. How old is he? How about moral or contract?
    I have a couple of strikers that only recently reached 5 stars and they've been playing consistently well for 3 seasons now...
    Same goes for my DMR and DML, both only 4 star players but play very well (8-7-8-8-9).
    Sometimes I get tempted to buy 5 star replacements for them, but I don't.
    just don't see the point in replacing them...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    that goes against any logic left in this game.

the whole point about paying top dollar for a player is so that he trains fast and/or is highly skilled and worth the money.

If Nordeus goes against this and provides ducks for top dollar, then they are truly screwing their customers. We buy the top players for top dollars because we want the best, and for them to offer 12T youths and make them better than 24T youths, then something is wrong on the Nordeus decision making process side.

So it can be true that your 12T youth trained fast in relation to your other players, which means that they were either old players or young players with low monetary value. I think 100% of the time 12T is a low end trainer in terms of 18yo youths.
    Nah,I'm not saying he trains faster than the 24 t youth players but he didn't do bad as well...used to gain 130 % skill progress from hard training [practice match]
    Like the thread says,a higher priced player might not always be a faster trainer or a good player so there are exceptions....my dl might be one of them....

Last season, my 4* ST Demba Ba is top scorer in league, and also won my Player of the Season awards too...

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast