Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Transfer difficulty variations in servers.

  1. #1
    Moderator Sxrenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wigan, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,016

    Transfer difficulty variations in servers.

    I haven't bought a single player through the transfer market this season.

    I've watched all of the auctions I've participated in until the end I from what I've seen, I can't seem to get any 5* players under 24 for less than a minimum of 35T.

    I've had a look at the bidders and I've noticed that for each time zone there's the same group of people who are buying up all of the decent players.

    Some are even buying GK's when they already have 3 of the the age/quality.

    I cannot compete with them at all, they've clearly got enough tokens to bid to their hearts content as you can see by their cash/stadiums/teams.

    Eg, one manager, level 3 like me, has ALL facilities level 10. How many tokens do you think that cost to rush the upgrades?

    This isn't a rant against token buyers, as I usually buy around 50T a season, not a lot, but enough to buy the odd packs when my team gets injured.

    The point I'm getting at is - have I been put into a server full of big token buyers, or do others have the same problem?

    I've given up with the TM altogether, might as well get rid of it on my menu as I'm only buying scouts from now on.

    I also saw on a similar thread that in some Asian countries you can get more than double the tokens for what I'd pay in the UK, is this true?
    Last edited by Sxrenity; 06-12-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

    "You'll Never Walk Alone."



    #JFT96


    I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

  2. #2
    Apprentice Ayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Egypt.
    Posts
    284
    i don't have the same problem, but i have sth similar as i can't buy any player for less than 10T, but my server isn't full of token buyers, i've only seen 2 till now and they were in the cl, i lost to one of them, and even him didn't have many good players since i lost only 3-0 on agg.

    i think that's becuase there r very low number of managers on this server so there aren't many players for sale so many managers bid on the same player.
    Sxrenity likes this.

  3. #3
    Moderator Sxrenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wigan, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,016
    True, I've seen people complaining their isn't a single 5* player for sale on their transfer market.

    There's a decent amount on mine, but like I said the usual suspects are buying the players for the sake of it, tried countless times to outbid them, it's futile.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

    "You'll Never Walk Alone."



    #JFT96


    I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

  4. #4
    Dreamer jklm_37's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    UK...
    Posts
    497
    The auctions really do seem pretty poor this season and im level 3 like you...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sxrenity View Post
    I also saw on a similar thread that in some Asian countries you can get more than double the tokens for what I'd pay in the UK, is this true?
    SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?...

    If true then "tut tut" nordeous ...
    JKLM FC...

    L1- L- 4th/C -Prelim's...
    L2- L- 3rd/CL- Winner/C- SF's...
    L3- L- 2nd/CL- QF's/C- QF's...
    L4- L- 1st/CL- (Og)/C- Playoffs...

    W.B.A......BOING BOING!!!...

  5. #5
    Moderator Sxrenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wigan, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,016
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...-tokens-6.html

    Page 6, 4th post down I think.
    352 tokens for $20?!?!?!?!
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

    "You'll Never Walk Alone."



    #JFT96


    I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

  6. #6
    Apprentice festinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    290
    My guess is you were probably unlucky and put on a server with a lot of token buyers.. unless this problem has just started this season? I've never had this problem as I was lucky enough to inherit a pretty young and fast training team, and so I have rarely gone to the transfer market except for getting decent back ups. But there always seems to be a lot of 5* players on my server. Lowest I've seen it at is 5 I think.

    And I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some countries were getting more opportunities for tokens than others, as I know for a fact that a few countries have less opportunities than the norm, and iphone users have more opportunities to get tokens than android users.

    Idk if buying only scouts would work, as I've heard the scout list has been pretty bad for the past couple of seasons. Could be different for you though.

  7. #7
    Apprentice festinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxrenity View Post
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...-tokens-6.html

    Page 6, 4th post down I think.
    352 tokens for $20?!?!?!?!
    How many tokens do we usually get for $20? By your reaction, I'm guessing its a lot less.

  8. #8
    Moderator Sxrenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wigan, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by festinator View Post
    My guess is you were probably unlucky and put on a server with a lot of token buyers.. unless this problem has just started this season? I've never had this problem as I was lucky enough to inherit a pretty young and fast training team, and so I have rarely gone to the transfer market except for getting decent back ups. But there always seems to be a lot of 5* players on my server. Lowest I've seen it at is 5 I think.

    And I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some countries were getting more opportunities for tokens than others, as I know for a fact that a few countries have less opportunities than the norm, and iphone users have more opportunities to get tokens than android users.

    Idk if buying only scouts would work, as I've heard the scout list has been pretty bad for the past couple of seasons. Could be different for you though.
    I'm level 3 so the players i had to start with are reserves at best.

    i can see countries that are less economically developed getting more tokens for their buck.

    my scout list hasn't been too bad, just extremely defensive, there's no decent attacking players, but it beats the concept, i feel like i have to spend money now just to compete, first season i could get decent players for 10/15 tokens, and its just exponentially increasing with every promotion.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

    "You'll Never Walk Alone."



    #JFT96


    I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

  9. #9
    Dreamer jklm_37's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    UK...
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxrenity View Post
    352 tokens for $20?!?!?!?!
    WOW!...we are getting SOOOOOOOOO screwed!!!...id buy way more at that price!...damn!!!!! ...
    Sxrenity likes this.
    JKLM FC...

    L1- L- 4th/C -Prelim's...
    L2- L- 3rd/CL- Winner/C- SF's...
    L3- L- 2nd/CL- QF's/C- QF's...
    L4- L- 1st/CL- (Og)/C- Playoffs...

    W.B.A......BOING BOING!!!...

  10. #10
    Moderator Sxrenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wigan, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by festinator View Post
    How many tokens do we usually get for $20? By your reaction, I'm guessing its a lot less.
    Well in the UK, for 352 tokens you'd have to buy 2x the 176 tokens offer that costs £13.99 each, so £27.98.

    which is around $40 dollars, give or take.

    WTF.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

    "You'll Never Walk Alone."



    #JFT96


    I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast