Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By al12

Thread: When is the best time to renew players' contract?

Rookie

When is the best time to renew players' contract?

Hi!

When is the best time to renew players' contract that is due to end by this season? Does it affect performance if contract that is expiring is not renewed?

For younger players, I would renew near the start of the season, because they will ask for more as they develop.

For older players, I would renew towards the end of the season, because they won't grow that much so you shouldn't pay them more over the season.

Think carefully about it because you might decide you do not want the player next season and then you will have wasted money on the renewal. I never renew contracts as I sell players every season, at most two seasons. As far as I know, it has no effect on performance.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by al12 View Post
    Hi!

When is the best time to renew players' contract that is due to end by this season? Does it affect performance if contract that is expiring is not renewed?
    It's same for young or old IMO

Depend how much you want to keep them, if you want to keep them more seasons do it at the start, if you are not sure if you want to keep them for the next season, is better wait till end
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Potemy View Post
    For younger players, I would renew near the start of the season, because they will ask for more as they develop.

For older players, I would renew towards the end of the season, because they won't grow that much so you shouldn't pay them more over the season.

Think carefully about it because you might decide you do not want the player next season and then you will have wasted money on the renewal. I never renew contracts as I sell players every season, at most two seasons. As far as I know, it has no effect on performance.
    Trying to see if it's the issue that caused the team to perform poorly.
    Last edited by al12; 12-24-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    Yinhung likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    It's same for young or old IMO

Depend how much you want to keep them, if you want to keep them more seasons do it at the start, if you are not sure if you want to keep them for the next season, is better wait till end
    Will their performance be affected if their contract is not renewed?

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    During the season? No it should not :P
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook