Thread: 3-1-3-2-1 Tactics help

3-1-3-2-1 Tactics help

Hey guys, I am running this tactis :
    3-1-3-2-1 Tactics help-fc-ischiel.jpg

( BTW this pic is after game I useally play with full morale and condition over 95% )

Question 1 :

My team is MUCH better then those of my league, but still I only win like 2-1...3-1...3-0.. while my mates win like 4-0...7-1.. 6-1 and such.. I don´t get it really. So I tried some different tactics but failed BIGTIME so I got back to this.. and still get slight wins.

I need red arrows on one of my AMC ? Or on my flanks or what ??
    My tactics go like this :

Attacking
    Through the middle ( Since I have 2 AMC I figure this is the way forward )
    Whole pitch pressing
    Normal Tackling
    Short passing ( Since I got with heavy Midfield and not the flanks )
    Marking Man on Man

I dont use counter attack.
    I dont use Off-side trap.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Question 2 :

I played vs this :

DL--DC--DC--DR
    --MC--MC--MC--
    AML---------AMR
    -------ST-------

so I tried this version :

---DC---DC----
    DML---------DMR
    --MC--MC--MC--
    ----AMC--AMC---
    ------ST--------

and I failed BIGTIME !!! And really, I don´t know why ?? The 2 DC should be able to fend of his ST...
    the 2 ( DML and DMR ) Should keep his AMR and AML busy right ?? but noooooo the slider was almost all the way in his favor like 85:15 to his advantage..so after 8 min he scored first goal, I then put in another DC and removed an MC... things got a little bit better, but still he was ahead.. so I changed my DML and DMR to ML and MR ( Which is my players normal pos. ) and now I got something for my money... the bar instant slided to 70:30 my way... and I quickly scored a goal. 1-1 halftime... not good enough.. so I went back to my regular setup ( Look above ) and scored a 2nd goal, which he also did right after and the game ended 2-2... my players are FAR better then his, and I am not sure how to deal with AML and AMR... can anyone help me out here ?

PS: I am very fustrated since this should be a walkover game, and so far this is my only draw... won all other games with my regular setup.

Banned
    You can't be that lazy or stupid - go to the link on the tactics and you can find out the answers to all your questions.

How to Win Against Any Formation?

You should not have started the game with only 2 defenders, that is an illegal formation so possession will always be 80-20 in his favour. To be legal, you need at least 3 defenders, 1 striker, and 1 player on each side, left and right.

The most important thing is not the scoreline, but the result. If you win, you get all 3 points, though of course scoring more gives you an advantage.

I would not stick to any 1 formation, but change my formation to counter the opponent in every match. If you are going to use your formation, I would put red arrows on your MC and AMCs, and I find that own half pressure helps sometimes because you should already win possession, and your players are less tired, so they can score easily.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Thx for the mature anwser... but yea, I guess I am THAT stupid. Later on I read up on the post and found that 2 defenders is an Illegal formation... also like the guy below says.

Apprentice
    you are playing 3-6-1, you can still score, but your midfield is spread too far and too much forward

if your amc and striker get countered by high press, you are in deep sh*t
    Last edited by Rapyer; 12-27-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapyer View Post
    you are playing 3-6-1, you can still score, but your midfield is spread too far and too much forward

if your amc and striker get countered by high press, you are in deep sh*t
    I go with red arrows on DMC which means he will support midfield on attack.. I also use Man on Man cover which allow my AMC to back up and follow his defenders should they have the ball... I have never played a match where the opp. have more poss. then me, and up untill this "Doom-fight" I have never hit a draw nor have I lost a fight. But you might be right... I just don´t know where I should pick a man... maybe use another MC and pull out and AMC ? Just feel like I would lose too much offensive power if I do so ?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ischiel View Post
    I go with red arrows on DMC which means he will support midfield on attack.. I also use Man on Man cover which allow my AMC to back up and follow his defenders should they have the ball... I have never played a match where the opp. have more poss. then me, and up untill this "Doom-fight" I have never hit a draw nor have I lost a fight. But you might be right... I just don´t know where I should pick a man... maybe use another MC and pull out and AMC ? Just feel like I would lose too much offensive power if I do so ?

i said it in your other post. red arrow means frequent forward runs with ball (if your player has the dribbling and speed stats for it), blue arrows means rare runs

if you put a player to run with insufficient stats, you leave your formation in disarray. better make sure you make the most of the runs or remove the arrows or set them to blue

u also dont want to use man on man unless you know what the f you are doing in formation numbers (which clearly you dont) and your players are fit enough and technical enough to pull it off
    Last edited by Rapyer; 12-27-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Banned
    Hey Rapyer - this is not advanced game like other games - the difference in the stats you are mentioning is minimal (-1+) - there are 15 skills/parameters that the game engine can use and probably very few hidden parameters, there is A LOT of random so the results are various. The arrows mean - red=support attack / blue=support defense not what you're saying. usually most effective way to use arrows is if you have players with dual roll where the can play the position you're sending them on.