Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some players consistently do the same actions

Rookie

Some players consistently do the same actions

Hi all,

I observed something interesting in my team.

There are players who will shoot from long range. And consistently, it's the same players who do it. Haha.

There are some who will try to dribble, nutmeg etc.

There are players who will head the ball in defensive situations.

Have you observed this in your team too?

Rookie
    yea, I noticed, especially when you use the same players over a couple matches, its like they start to settle in habits, and maybe become buddies or smthing...

I had 2 strikers in my 1st season and I didn't really change form, so when injuries forced me to do so, I play 1 striker up and lost. Those 2 lose morale whenever I play them separately (even when I win matches), and their morale stays up even in losses if I put them together upfront. form is almost always the same either both 8, or both 9. if separate, the lonely striker form was 6 or 7.

then there's my favourite MC "assist king" Cheung, he likes to assist strikers ALOT. I kept him and this season he has 14 assists, the other MC only has 5 assists compared to him.

then there's those that can play in more than 1 position, but they seem to have a favourite place to play. Cortes the ML/AML, prefers AML position (he scores in AML positions, his one MOM came from AML post, he doesn't score but assist in ML place). Cortes likes to dribble all the time and runs to goal, all his goals are unassisted.

Jeon the oddball is MR only, he was supposed to be my main AMR/MR sub, but the system auto-subbed him on the LEFT SIDE after Cortes was injured early in a match I didn't watch. funnily he got MOM there and scored both goals in 2-0 match. This MR footballer plays ML position good for reasons I don't understand and nutmegs markers all the time.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Locky View Post
    yea, I noticed, especially when you use the same players over a couple matches, its like they start to settle in habits, and maybe become buddies or smthing...

I had 2 strikers in my 1st season and I didn't really change form, so when injuries forced me to do so, I play 1 striker up and lost. Those 2 lose morale whenever I play them separately (even when I win matches), and their morale stays up even in losses if I put them together upfront. form is almost always the same either both 8, or both 9. if separate, the lonely striker form was 6 or 7.

then there's my favourite MC "assist king" Cheung, he likes to assist strikers ALOT. I kept him and this season he has 14 assists, the other MC only has 5 assists compared to him.

then there's those that can play in more than 1 position, but they seem to have a favourite place to play. Cortes the ML/AML, prefers AML position (he scores in AML positions, his one MOM came from AML post, he doesn't score but assist in ML place). Cortes likes to dribble all the time and runs to goal, all his goals are unassisted.

Jeon the oddball is MR only, he was supposed to be my main AMR/MR sub, but the system auto-subbed him on the LEFT SIDE after Cortes was injured early in a match I didn't watch. funnily he got MOM there and scored both goals in 2-0 match. This MR footballer plays ML position good for reasons I don't understand and nutmegs markers all the time.
    Haha. Seems that there is indeed some form of 'characteristic' with some of the players.

Do you get players who are not very highly rated but still managed to get consistently high ratings?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by al12 View Post
    Haha. Seems that there is indeed some form of 'characteristic' with some of the players.

Do you get players who are not very highly rated but still managed to get consistently high ratings?
    yeah, I have old players with relatively lower ratings making the youngsters look bad.

to quote myself lol

Quote Originally Posted by Locky View Post
    well, in my 1st season, I had a 29yr old DC that I tried to sell (and failed) cuz his stats sucked and was worst on the team. After some hard tackler injured 2 defenders and knocked them out for 5 days, I had to sub him in. that dude was MOM 3 times, he scored (5 goals total), and his average rating was 8. I swear he's like giving me and retirement two middle fingers up. and it was just 5 matches.

oddly, I actually succeeded in selling him 2nd season in. his replacement ain't shabby, I bought a cheap 26yr old as back up after I sacked everyone 30 and above, and he's the one getting MOMs (not the 18-22yr olds). no scoring, but quietly stopping goals, average rating 8 and collecting MOMs.

and none of them have special skills lol. strange x3...

Good topic, now consider all the points above and you can start to understand how the engine works.
    The MC with all the assists and his partner with a lot less, next season it will more than likely change.

I have a MC now a 20yo had him since he was 18.
    Two seasons on the trot, form poor Avg maybe 6 with the odd 7-8 maybe three times a season, but very few goals and assists, he's been so close to be being sold I've loss count, only kept him because his progress is good and could never find a replacement at a suitable price and age with the same quality.
    This season he is out of contract, played 17 games scored 9 goals and 8 assists, lowest form rating 7 with mainly 8 and 9's.
    This whole game is based on % balanced through the team.
    Last season DL/DC 18 yo scored 6 goals, this season none, the goals have switched to the DR/DC 18yo, 4 goals.

Giving old players good performances keeps your young players out of the squad and slows their development, making you wonder should I have paid all that dosh for him in the first place.

Every player that is retired means generating a new one, or seeing if there are enough academy players being released to go round, Nordeus may rob us blind but one thing they are not is stupid.
    Last edited by Accyrover; 01-04-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Apprentice
    i bought an older striker with so so star rating - 5 cup matches, 5 goals and 2 assists with 99778 ratings. the other striker i have barely scores, but has a lot of assists and high ratings and lets my wingers score 3-5 goals every game

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Accyrover View Post
    Good topic, now consider all the points above and you can start to understand how the engine works.
    The MC with all the assists and his partner with a lot less, next season it will more than likely change.

I have a MC now a 20yo had him since he was 18.
    Two seasons on the trot, form poor Avg maybe 6 with the odd 7-8 maybe three times a season, but very few goals and assists, he's been so close to be being sold I've loss count, only kept him because his progress is good and could never find a replacement at a suitable price and age with the same quality.
    This season he is out of contract, played 17 games scored 9 goals and 8 assists, lowest form rating 7 with mainly 8 and 9's.
    This whole game is based on % balanced through the team.
    Last season DL/DC 18 yo scored 6 goals, this season none, the goals have switched to the DR/DC 18yo, 4 goals.

Giving old players good performances keeps your young players out of the squad and slows their development, making you wonder should I have paid all that dosh for him in the first place.

Every player that is retired means generating a new one, or seeing if there are enough academy players being released to go round, Nordeus may rob us blind but one thing they are not is stupid.
    interesting thoughts there. maybe we should post any "not so right on paper" behavior to have a "somewhat" better gauge of what the game engine does.

it is very hard to tell how much of this is really just chance and how much is built in. i doubt that any of us have enough empirical data to come to any conclusions. I am in 10th season and dont. some payers have special skills and the formations they play in probably prompt certain actions more than others. Aerial defenders i would hope clear more crosses with headers than other players. Shadow strikers, amc,l,,r and mc with red arrows i would think take some long shots etc. Try to look at specific skills and complement them in player selection. using a player with good crossing skills but not a good header to take corners for example might make sense. a good passing forward with a good shooter/finisher etc. There is clearly some random elements in any match.

Of course they could f**k is all over by just changing the game comments as it is those that score the goals not the players, as above I'm sure the % of scoring increases with the special abilities, by how much is the question.
    I had a 2* ST in L1/L2 he out scored the 3* strikers for two seasons no SA.
    Last edited by Accyrover; 01-07-2013 at 09:55 PM.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Rookie
    Interesting thoughts guys.

My 2* 31 year old defender with Aerial Defender ability just got another MOM today. Haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast