Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Alex Webster
  • 1 Post By Alex Webster
  • 1 Post By Cat Harrison

Thread: Newbie questions!

Newbie questions!

Hi,

I started last week and have so many questions!!

Newbie questions!-boc.jpg

I've tried to add young players that I can train up but have had loads of injuries (admittedly a couple from training two hard!). I've also just bought a 21 year old AMC with 19 quality that I've trained up to a 5* 20. Is this the best way of making money? And should I sell at the start of next season?

I've all made upgrades to my training, pitch and first aid to try and avoid injuries and help with training.

Am I doing OK?! and what should I do next

I bought £5 of tokens at the start to give me a boost but really don't want to spend real money!

Alex
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    So many questions, indeed. The best way to make money? Free Agents. (the guys in the transfer list with an (F) by their price.)
    Generally if you make someone 5* you are going to want him for your team, not to sell.
    The first few days of a season are the best time to sell, but keep in mind that it isn't the best time to buy!
    Good on you for building.. never stop building! (As you level up stuff costs more so watch your budget) But you do get more packs and lessen injuries from having nice facilities. Also you get more $ from it too.

Injuries are one of the biggest challenges to this game. Managing around them is tough the first few seasons. My advice is to have a large squad so you can rotate players out. And sell anyone who gets injured more than once. (Adding points to the physical column also helps a little against injury) Pretty much when I have 4 injuries, I sell the least important guy. Also remember 15 reds heals ANY length of injury, but only use reds when you *have* to.

There are many good Tutorials on the Forum, dig around and do a little reading - you'll learn a lot.

Good luck!

Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    So many questions, indeed. The best way to make money? Free Agents. (the guys in the transfer list with an (F) by their price.)
    Generally if you make someone 5* you are going to want him for your team, not to sell.
    The first few days of a season are the best time to sell, but keep in mind that it isn't the best time to buy!
    Good on you for building.. never stop building! (As you level up stuff costs more so watch your budget) But you do get more packs and lessen injuries from having nice facilities. Also you get more $ from it too.

Injuries are one of the biggest challenges to this game. Managing around them is tough the first few seasons. My advice is to have a large squad so you can rotate players out. And sell anyone who gets injured more than once. (Adding points to the physical column also helps a little against injury) Pretty much when I have 4 injuries, I sell the least important guy. Also remember 15 reds heals ANY length of injury, but only use reds when you *have* to.

There are many good Tutorials on the Forum, dig around and do a little reading - you'll learn a lot.

Good luck!

I think according to near mid-season interval would be the best time to sell rather, first season will be for the rich,
    Du học Đài Loan vừa học vừa làm - Tư vấn Du học Đài Loan chi phí thấp, vừa học vừa làm, hỗ trợ việc làm thêm thu nhập hấp dẫn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep an eye out for the free agents. So far I've only used them to fill gaps in my team. Is there a good time to buy them and should I be looking at 14, 19, 24 etc quality players, getting them up a level and selling them on?

I've been reading that I should sell on any 3* players before I promote but not sure there's a market for them to be honest. Should I just sack them instead?

Oh, and I hear that you need two starting elevens from Level 2 onwards if you qualify for the CL?
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Just look for the higher value Free Agents. They often are decent enough to play on your team (and will have a super low salary!), and if you sell them on it's good $. It is pretty random when they show up, some are generated but the majority are sacked from higher level teams.

Selling 3* guys at lower levels *is* difficult, you may find you need to sack some of them if no one buys 'em.

I pretty much have 21 or 22 players, even if you are only in two competitions it helps to keep everyone in better condition, and for covering injured guys. You are going to want to evaluate what roles you only need one or two of, and which (like MC) that you need more. This is where having guys that can play two roles is helpful, especially since you only have 7 slots on the bench to cover the field.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]