Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By burningcow
  • 1 Post By burningcow
  • 3 Post By Der_Ryan_M

Thread: Just can't win any auction

Just can't win any auction

Hello guys. I've been trying to get players for about one week, still no luck. Spend more than 20 tokens on them, and got nothing. What can I do? I heard that there's a strategy with which you can win an auction using only 6 tokens. I spent yesterday 11 tokens on a 5 stars player ( 29 rated ) and still no luck, couldn't get him, even if I spent only 1 token per round.

I really need a strategy ASAP, because I'm on the 5th stage, and got no players this season.

I'm only level 2 at the moment.

Thanks.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Your best bet is to log on at odd hours and check to see what is happening, usually late at night or early morning, you will have less competition. But it varies, you have to just look.

My strategy is odd hours, and I "favorite" (the little plus sign on their card) players and see if anyone has bid, I only go for players no one else has bid on, or if the bids were long ago (this requires checking on them every so often). I usually get guys for one to 5 token. I am willing to go higher than that by far, but I stop myself at a number I decided on long ago.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I spend the token on Saturday and Sunday at 6:00-7:00 because in london it's seven a clock and in thailanda it's two o clock I get 2 player in the morning with 5 star and I spend two token.
    Spend token on 1-2-3 second later
    Season III Level III

Season I: 5th
    Season II: Cup/League
    Season III: ..

Thanks both, but it's kinda hard to wake up early and I tried at night, around 12:10 AM ( Romanian hour ), but still couldn't get any good player, because there were too many people bidding at that hour.

Your slow time could be dinner time. Or in the morning. Just keep logging on at random times, and see how active it is. On really busy servers, sometimes you have to wait til later in the season to get players cheaply.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Your slow time could be dinner time. Or in the morning. Just keep logging on at random times, and see how active it is. On really busy servers, sometimes you have to wait til later in the season to get players cheaply.
    Yeah, I'm going to try that, I'm getting rid of losing so many tokens.

By the way looks like the 2 star player which I want to replace is my best striker.. that's weird, considering that the other strikers got 4 stars. Definitely I'm not going to replace him soon.

I keep players if they are doing well, no matter the stars.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'll keep him for sure. He has the best rating from the team and also the most goals scored. Impressive for a two stars player.

By the way, without any new players I am still on the first place, hope I'm not going to need any more players.. at least this season . So far I'm doing well, no draws or loses in the league/cup and only 2 draws in the CL
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Few tips how I try to win auctions:

1. Best time, like Cat said, is a nice bid in the morning (for me in Germany around 7 am) because there are generated players and not too many people bidding at them.
    2. Dont bid on too strong players, like, in your case for example a 29 rated Striker, aged 18 and maybe even a speciality. Bid more like on a 27 rated Striker, age maybe 22 without a speciality or a 26 rated with a speciality and age 26 or so.
    3. Visit the market often and look at the auctions of many players. It helps to learn the market, so you recognize crazy token spenders, where it is senseless to bid. When I see some people bidding on a player that i made as a favourite, i just dont waste a single token and try again later on another player.
    4. BASIC only one token per round
    5. When after 5 rounds there are still more than 3 people bidding, STOP!
    6. Learn the opponents while bidding - means, varying your bidding, so 2 or 3 knockout-rounds, especially at the beginning, bid within the first seconds of a round, then look how your opponent bids. Sometimes they dont bid when they lead. You can easily knock em out with a last second bit in the next round, no problem what so ever.
    7. Avoid bidding more than 11 rounds, people may stop after round 10, but when they pass round 11 as well, its very likely that they bid to round 15 and further.
    8. Look at your opponents teams within the ko rounds! If they have 6* players only with specialities, its not worth waisting tokens in a bidding war with them.

I hope these quick tips can help you select and win your auctions more often. If you still have questions, ask!

Thanks for the tips.