Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 4-3-1-2 (with a twist)

For the OP
    He has no flank cover. His strength is the three MC's supplying is off set AMC but with zonal marking there is no real issues there.
    You say your defenders are better than his strikers but you have only one DMC.
    The obvious one would be to counter him with the standard 4-1-2-2-1 V formation.
    Moving players one square when they are already in contact with another opposing player only creates weaknesses in your own attack and defence, even with asymmetrical formations they still need balance.
    Your limitations in defence only having one DM gives you two option in IMO.
    As above standard V or as he has no flank attack 3DC's the V MF adding either another AMC or striker.
    The extra AMC would give you a Narrow diamond MF and with the AML/R pressuring and covering his DL/DR your striker would be one v one most times, supported by the AMC with up arrows would add even more of a threat.
    As he would have a man spare in MC because your DMC is covering his AMC instead of the MC centre, add down arrows to your AML or centre AMC if you play one, just play defensive with No Counter and No O/S is the easiest option while forcing counter is a bit more of a gamble, one that could be worth taking if you need a goal.
    The second would be to play a narrow 3N-1-4-1-1 down or up arrows could be added to MR/ML if you wanted to be more defensive played in normal mentality.
    Last edited by Accyrover; 02-05-2013 at 10:32 AM.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

I live in Belgium at this moment but i hope and i am sure that soon it will be in warmer climate
    I would put pressure all over the field and play attacking mixed. After 2 min you can already see what it does

Dreamer
    20' bf game and he has that as i mentioned

-----ST--------ST------
    ----------------------AMR
    ML-MC-MC -MC-------
    DL- DC----- DC--------

i go with potemy's advice WM

|--------ST----------
    |AML------------AMR
    |----MC-----MC-----
    |----DMC---DMC----
    |DL------DC------DR

My DMC's are pretty good my AML also ,i will beat him

good luck to me

Dreamer
    win 2-1
    62-38 position but very tough win..
    my AML was man of the game as the wing was free for him..
    FINALLLL i am coming..

tx for the advices mates ,many txs to potemy as i choose his advice..

cheersssssss
    Potemy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dimdim1 View Post
    win 2-1
    62-38 position but very tough win..
    my AML was man of the game as the wing was free for him..
    FINALLLL i am coming..

tx for the advices mates ,many txs to potemy as i choose his advice..

cheersssssss
    Hey well done! and enjoy the final too!
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Hey well done! and enjoy the final too!
    tytytytytyty..
    one more final for me in the season as i am almost in the cl final(won3-0 in the first game)
    my league is finished 12p ahead the 2cond..

so pretty well as far as a rookie manager

You're welcome, mate. IMO variations of 3-2-2-2-1 can beat any formation, you'll have all his attackers at least triple marked. Sometimes the central MC is a problem if you play with more wide midfielders, though, for example the butterfly.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Accyrover View Post
    For the OP
    He has no flank cover. His strength is the three MC's supplying is off set AMC but with zonal marking there is no real issues there.
    You say your defenders are better than his strikers but you have only one DMC.
    The obvious one would be to counter him with the standard 4-1-2-2-1 V formation.
    Moving players one square when they are already in contact with another opposing player only creates weaknesses in your own attack and defence, even with asymmetrical formations they still need balance.
    Your limitations in defence only having one DM gives you two option in IMO.
    As above standard V or as he has no flank attack 3DC's the V MF adding either another AMC or striker.
    The extra AMC would give you a Narrow diamond MF and with the AML/R pressuring and covering his DL/DR your striker would be one v one most times, supported by the AMC with up arrows would add even more of a threat.
    As he would have a man spare in MC because your DMC is covering his AMC instead of the MC centre, add down arrows to your AML or centre AMC if you play one, just play defensive with No Counter and No O/S is the easiest option while forcing counter is a bit more of a gamble, one that could be worth taking if you need a goal.
    The second would be to play a narrow 3N-1-4-1-1 down or up arrows could be added to MR/ML if you wanted to be more defensive played in normal mentality.
    Thanks much for the detailed analysis, Accy. I'll probably go with the 3N-V MF and let you guys know how it goes. I was actually pretty disappointed in the first leg 4-3-2-1 my AMR/AML could not cause his defence a single problem. Let's hope next leg is different.

Hi just telling you that I using this formation 4-5-1 with the AMR,cause I have very good player on that position,so is good to read this how someone coul counter my formation

There are other ways also but that will keep for another day.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast