Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 4-3-1-2 (with a twist)

4-3-1-2 (with a twist)

Hi,

Realise that there's been a separate thread started for counter formations, but I've not been able to find what I need there, and hence posting here.

I met this fella in the CL semi-finals, and I would say, on average his defence quality is better than my attackers, but his attackers quality is slightly less than my defense.

In any case, first leg was just played and he got me 3-1 down although I had slightly more possession (52-48) and slightly more shots on goal (20-15). I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to turn this around in my home leg and what formation I should play.

He is playing:

DL---DC---DC---DR
    ---MC---MC---MC----
    --AML----------------
    ------ST-----ST------

Very weird and lop-sided formation, but it seems to have worked for him. First leg, I attacked him on the flanks but to no avail because his defense is absolutely solid.

His 3 goals all came from his MCs long shots, if that's info that can help.

Anyone has any ideas?

Your dead right about making a thread about this formation because its Asymmetical and the guides don't cover these type of formations because the usage of these is very low. My take on this formation is you will need right hand cover for his AML and also your going to need to win the midfield battles as well to try and stop them from scoring long range shots, A wierd 4-5-1 could be a choice here

-----ST-----
    ----AMC----
    -MC-MC-MC-
    -----------DMR
    DL-DC---DC-DR

I think your best efforts on this formation is to try and play through the middle while your defence should be able to deal with the Attacking threat, their midfielders won win balls as easy either, I'd try and play attacking with long balls, your 3-1 down and at home so you should have greater possession in the 2nd leg.

Formation edited to include leftsided player to make it valid. Silly me.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 02-05-2013 at 05:14 AM.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

I actually went with a 4-3-2-1 in the first leg, with normal mentality and counter-attacking down the flanks. Wondering if that was too offensive for an away leg?

It was 3 MCs, 1 AML and 1 AMR and 1 ST. I'm just wondering if I play 4-1-3W-2 and put the 2 widemen to blue arrows, whether that would help as well.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Your dead right about making a thread about this formation because its Asymmetical and the guides don't cover these type of formations because the usage of these is very low. My take on this formation is you will need right hand cover for his AML and also your going to need to win the midfield battles as well to try and stop them from scoring long range shots, A wierd 4-5-1 could be a choice here

-----ST-----
    ----AMC----
    -MC-MC-MC-
    -----------DMR
    --DC-DC-DC-DR

I think your best efforts on this formation is to try and play through the middle while your defence should be able to deal with the Attacking threat, their midfielders won win balls as easy either, I'd try and play attacking with long balls, your 3-1 down and at home so you should have greater possession in the 2nd leg.
    No left sided player there. I would still go with the butterfly or WM.
    Last edited by Potemy; 02-05-2013 at 05:10 AM.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by joeleyf View Post
    I actually went with a 4-3-2-1 in the first leg, with normal mentality and counter-attacking down the flanks. Wondering if that was too offensive for an away leg?

It was 3 MCs, 1 AML and 1 AMR and 1 ST. I'm just wondering if I play 4-1-3W-2 and put the 2 widemen to blue arrows, whether that would help as well.
    Some guy I played recently played a strange 3-4-3 formation, it was 3DC but it was also 3MC with a ML.. but i still played my normal tactic and won anyways, Asymmetrical formations have to have some sort of imbalance some where and you need to find it, I wonder in your last game your opponent played with 3 red arrows on his midfield, making him dangerous attacking, counter-attacking and long balls look best for this, there is a "all out attack" option if you need it, since you say your defenders are stronger than his strikers, 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 could also be options with red arrows on the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Potemy View Post
    Whoops lol. Well Spotted, Eyes like a hawk, that formation would be no good at all.

Sorry but what does the butterfly or WM look like here?

-------ST----------|--------ST----------
    AML----------AMR--|AML------------AMR
    ----MC----MC------|----MC-----MC-----
    DML----------DMR--|----DMC---DMC----
    ----DC-DC-DC------|DL------DC------DR

Butterfly and the WM.

There's also a formation I use like the WM, but both AMs are tucked in to AMC.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

-------ST----------|--------ST----------
    AML----------AMR--|AML------------AMR
    ----MC----MC------|----MC-----MC-----
    DML----------DMR--|----DMC---DMC----
    ----DC-DC-DC------|DL------DC------DR

Butterfly and the WM.

There's also a formation I use like the WM, but both AMs are tucked in to AMC.
    Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately I have no DMR or DML, nor do I have a 2nd DMC

Dreamer
    i have the same problem as a very strange formation came up in my last games.(i will bring the post from the other thread to discuss it here)

--------ST---------ST------
    --------------------------AMR
    ML-- -----MC-MC -------
    DML--------------------------
    --------DC--DC--DC---------

-----ST--------ST------
    ----------------------AMR
    ML-- --MC-MC --------
    DL- DC-DC- DC---------

Have u seen something like that?? The opponent plays almost all the times like that(first formation) when he plays away,and the second formation when he plays at home.

He is first in his league !!! and we play semi Cup with him.He has a nice team,a lot of the average of the level,but he has much worst than mine.He has beaten much better team in the 1/8 of Cup and I don’t want to be his next victim

Now he has this one…

-----ST--------ST------
    ----------------------AMR
    ML-MC-MC -MC-------
    DL- DC----- DC--------

Any suggestions?? Has he found a bug or something in the program and he takes advantage of it ??
    And he finally played the 3rd formation

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July Fourth suggested me the above

Play with AML to exploit the vacant right back slot and play a DL to stop the AMR...

----ST---ST----
    AML------------
    ---MC MC-MC---
    -----------------
    DL--DC--DC--DR

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I decided (first game his home) to play 4-1(DMC)-4-1,and used red arrows to my DL-ML to take adv of his weak side.

Nothing dramatic happened ..final 1-1,he scored first
    i had 57-43 position but i couldn't beat him.(i was watching the game ,he no),so lets say 50-50,if i wasnt.
    used Normal(change to attack when he scored),left flank focus attack,no of side,counter attack,mixed pass.

As for his squad has old MCs 28-29-33 years old,with medium quality,his defence are young 21-23-20,medium+ quality,and his attack medium- 22-33..the ML 33 and the AMR 22.
    From his squad i can understand a mixed young and old players,so i imagine that he sometimes log in makes some moves and the team goes by the automatic pilot..
    so as i said i have much better team 19.4 his 25.4 me,i have adv in any player we can compare,but still didnt beat him.

He has to score as i can qualify with 0-0 to the final,but i really want to know how to beat this formation.
    I havent decided yet how i will set my team,(15.30 today the game).....so if u have any suggestions,we can discuss them.

have a nice morning
    Last edited by dimdim1; 02-05-2013 at 06:55 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast