Thread: Cup final against strong weird formation

Cup final against strong weird formation

Hey guys, I'm playing the cup final in 4 hours against a friend of mine, and it's kind of a derby game since this is our fourth Cup final match against each other, I won two of them so far, and he beat me once.

He is the same level as me, level 9, his average team quality is 62, while mine is 63.3 so we are quite close as far as team value goes.

However, he surprised me with a weird tactic he currently has: DL-2DC-DR-2 DMC-ML-MC-MR-ST. Basically:

=ST=
    = = = = = = = = = = =
    ML = = = MC = = = MR
    ===DMC=====DMC===
    DL==DC======DC==DR
    GK

If you have any ideas on what tactics and strategy I should use, please give me your opinion.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ParshulXXL; 02-07-2013 at 04:09 PM.

AMR
    Rookie
    I Think 3/1/4/2 it will be good

ST - ST
    ML-MC-MC-MR
    DMC
    DL -DC-DR

Last edited by AMR; 02-07-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParshulXXL View Post
    Hey guys, I'm playing the cup final in 4 hours against a friend of mine, and it's kind of a derby game since this is our fourth Cup final match against each other, I won two of them so far, and he beat me once.

He is the same level as me, level 9, his average team quality is 62, while mine is 63.3 so we are quite close as far as team value goes.

However, he surprised me with a weird tactic he currently has: DL-2DC-DR-2 DMC-ML-MC-MR-ST. Basically:

=ST=
    = = = = = = = = = = =
    ML = = = MC = = = MR
    ===DMC=====DMC===
    DL==DC======DC==DR
    GK

If you have any ideas on what tactics and strategy I should use, please give me your opinion.

Thanks.
    I would say play with two STs, they will each be triple marked instead of a lone ST being quadruple marked. The AM row is very crowded so I wouldn't put any players there, at most 1 AMC to support the STs and act as a decoy maybe? Red arrow on him, the AMC.

He only has a single ST so you can just play 3 DCs to block him. Your remaining four players will go into the MC row, I guess.

My suggestion is similar to the post above, but I suggest 3-4-1-2.

------ST-------ST-----
    ----------AMC---------
    ML---MC-------MC---MR
    ------------------------
    ------DC--DC--DC------

Red arrow on AMC, blue arrows on ML and MR. Attacking mentality with short passes through the middle, own half pressure, zonal marking. No counter attacks, offside traps if your GK is better than his ST. I would normally suggest hard tackling, but he's your friend, so the choice is yours.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Potemy View Post
    My suggestion is similar to the post above, but I suggest 3-4-1-2.

------ST-------ST-----
    ----------AMC---------
    ML---MC-------MC---MR
    ------------------------
    ------DC--DC--DC------

Red arrow on AMC, blue arrows on ML and MR. Attacking mentality with short passes through the middle, own half pressure, zonal marking. No counter attacks, offside traps if your GK is better than his ST. I would normally suggest hard tackling, but he's your friend, so the choice is yours.
    That is how I usually play, unfortunately my DMR/MR is playing very bad, with low form and bad stats, though I never used him in the cup so far, and I noticed Cup stats are sometimes very different from League or CL stats. My MR/AMR on the other hand is in very good form, with lots of assists, goals and good stats, yet if I use him with arrow down he might not perform as well. Guess I have a few hours to think about my options.

By the way, does anybody know: If I use up arrows, how far up does the player go? For instance: if I use up arrow on a DR will he go as far as DMR or will he climb all the way up to help the ST with a cross or something?

UPDATE: Managed to win, 4-3 at penalty shoot-outs, 0-0 the score at the end of extra time. Went with Potemy's suggestion, which is how I usually play, only I used blue arrow on AMC to support mid. Short passing through the middle seemed to work well, had a lot of possesion, but my STs missed a lot of chances, they've all been pretty much useless all season long.

I believe you could have won after 90 minutes if the AMC had had red arrows.

If you use red arrows, your DR will act like a DMR when attacking, but DRs and DMRs both go very far forward to put in crosses, e.g. Rafael.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15