Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Road to Success - How to Win the Cup

Cup Draw Test: Impact of Out of Contract Replacements

I'll tank on an alt team to test the draw. I've isolated the Top 14 players that produced this season's draw: that includes 5 players who will be out of contract for new Season and 3 retirals. That should bring in enough replacement players to make an impact, if there is one. (I'll make sure this 4* team becomes 5* and high enough to make a significant difference to the Q.

Here's the Base Camp pics.

Q after Draw and Day 1 Cup opponent.

Top 14 Q

Top 14 Squad

Cup Level

Hopefully this should work unless I've missed something.

To be continued........

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Do we have some board with the prizes of the Cup for every lv (so we can recognize in what lv Cup we are) ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Do we have some board with the prizes of the Cup for every lv (so we can recognize in what lv Cup we are) ?
    There is one in the OMA Group but it might not be that accurate anymore. I posted that pic so I knew where it was - whether it will be useful next season is another matter.

Here it is http://forum.topeleven.com/groups/of...per-level.html

I 'm still not sure
    My team 1st day
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-team-d1-.jpg

and my first oppo
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-cup-1st-oppo-overview.jpg

* I had about 650 unsigned sp from previous season, so my players are more 5* and not 4*
    but still with contract players, plus 2 extra 3* veterans, I should have better Cup draw.
    Now I 'm in lv 13, playing in a lv15 Cup.

Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-cup-levels-1.jpg

How are cup teams selected for the next level? Like do they group people with similar quality level together?

Quote Originally Posted by Pavanraj Selvaraju View Post
    How are cup teams selected for the next level? Like do they group people with similar quality level together?
    Yeah which is why the guy who started this thread weakens his squad (4 reserves) before the season starts so he is placed at a lower level.

Ok, this is the short story of Artemis, my alt. team, created for playing friendlies with my 1st team and making experiments.
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-history-lv5.jpg

After staying for some seasons in the same level, gathering sources and money, after finding the right stuff, I decided to move on for the purpose of getting a treble. Well, you can put targets put things aren't coming as you expect.
    In lv2, won league and CH.L. but lost in Cup semi
    In lv3, won league and Cup but lost the CH.L. final
    In lv4, was pissed of and tanking/gathering sources
    In lv4 again won the league and Cup, but wasn't participating at CH.L.
    In lv5 won league and CH.L. but lost the Cup
    So 4 doubles but no treble. (This reminds me a friend ).
    But let's check some Cup draws
    In lv4, I started with 12 high q players and some crap but only two of them added to the 14th squad.
    So as lv4 played in lv7 Cup, played with a 6* team against a 7* team, lv5 and won.
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-artem-lv4-team-d1.jpg
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-artem-lv4-cup-final.jpg

In lv5,my season started with 19 high q players but 6 of them was out of contract, so the game added some 3* veterans.
    I played in a lv7 again (as previous season) but played vs a lv6 team, which later won the Cup.
    The draw was better from previous season but seems that high Q players out out of contract, count as 14 squad members.
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-team-d1-.jpgRoad to Success - How to Win the Cup-1-leg-lost-better-rates.jpg
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-cup-game-out.jpg

This season I kept 9 high Q players and the the rest crap
    This draw was better now because I 'm still playing in a lv7 Cup, but now there are many lower level teams, but it's still the league and CH.L. Let's see ...
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-team-d1-.jpg
    Buffs Mad likes this.

I'll do the tl;dr version of Cuip Draw.

1. For the Cup draw the Top 14 players by Q are used.

2. Any player in your Squad whether signed or unsigned can count towards the calculation if they are in the Top 14.

For a team with 14 high players all 3* or higher the replacements for OOC players will have no impact on the draw.
    For a 14 player Squad with 3 low Q players, manipulating the Cup draw, any replacements for OOC players will impact on your Cup draw as any replacements will be higher up in the Top 14 than the lower Q player(s).
    For a squad with 14 players which include retiring players the replacements will lower the Top 14 Q for the draw.

I agree and want to add some more :
    manipulating the Cup draw by under leveling is a method but nothing is guarantee.
    As you can see above, I won a Cup , when I was lv4, in a lv7 Cup, playing with a 1* higher quality in the final and later lost from an equal q team, having better rates and "troll" conditions.
    Same happened in my main team. Won a 3lv above cup once.
    So luck and a "good" day it's a part of the Cup too.
    In my main team, I won enough cups and trebles so I don't care any more but if I was interest for more, I should keep for every season 3 as possible lower quality players, for many seasons.
    These players must always be in contract at the end/beginning of the season.
    This thing now, maybe is useful for a league draw, if there are new conditions about "quality" leagues.
    Of course, with that way, you can have only 16 active players (if you want to have an extra position for a free agent or a 0T academy, for selling).

Was going to do a proper test thread but I'll just drop it here.

Here are some numbers.

Team 1
    AC Flaky Tanked to stay same level.

Top 14 ave Q last season was 47.1.
    Cup Level was 9.
    End of Season Top 14 Q was 50.6.
    Three would retire and 5 would be OOC. All 11 players were greater than 3*.

In the new Season the Cup Level was 10.

a) If OOC players did not count in the calculation for Top 14 Q then the Top 14 Q would have been 45.5, lower than the previous season.

b) if both signed and unsigned players could count then the Top 14 Q then the Top 14 Q was 49.1 higher than the previous season.

I think from a purely Level perspective if 47 produces a level 9 cup then I'd consider it more likely that a lvl 10 Cup came from 49 than 45.

Team 2
    On the Buffs I looked at Average Q in the draw and Top 14 Q of my first opponent. 8 players were OOC, no retirals.

The range of Average Q for my Cup draw went from 97.8 - 102.
    My first opponents Top 14 Q was 102.6

a) if OOC players are ignored then the Top 14 Q was 95.5.

b) if both signed and unsigned players could be counted then the Top 14 Q was 101.9.

2 important points to note.
    Firstly, I used average Q for the range in the Cup because I'm sad but not that sad that I'd do Top 14 for everyone - but Top 14 Q must be greater or equal to Average Q, it can't be lower.
    Secondly, there is a third way - OOC replacement players could be ignored and only signed, unsigned and retiral replacements counted. That will probably be harder to disprove on Flaky but easier on Buffs but I've not done the numbers and I might not bother.

PS. Filler players from the system are either 1Q from 3* (x9 or x4) or exactly 3* (x0 or x5)
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 06-29-2015 at 05:32 PM. Reason: added footnote

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast