Thread: team mentality & passing style VS compact sides who park the bus

team mentality & passing style VS compact sides who park the bus

we are learning new stuffs everyday .. but the only area am struggling with is passing style and team mentality
    i know what to use when facing much stronger sides
    my team rate is 25.5, but kind struggle facing sides who are between 19-22
    everytime i play short passing trying to win the mid using normal/attacking mentality and short/mixed passing , i get punished by counter attacks with the only striker in their formation, and to score against them is a nightmare as they defend in numbers, so i end up playing with counter too which work better than attacking and short/mix passing.. yes I still win those games but am sure i can do better, so my QS is what normally you do guys facing such teams ?
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Apprentice
    fight fire with fire
    Solo on Android - No friends, no manipulations, no scout players , minimal spending

4 time League Winner
    3 time Cup winner

Quote Originally Posted by Rapyer View Post
    fight fire with fire
    hhh what do you mean?
    do you want me to park the bus too ?
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away

Apprentice
    yes

see: juventus vs celtic
    Last edited by Rapyer; 02-16-2013 at 04:40 AM.
    Solo on Android - No friends, no manipulations, no scout players , minimal spending

4 time League Winner
    3 time Cup winner

I once faced a team like that average 19. I am 28. The match started. Possession 70 for me with bonus of 15% possession.
    The opponent didn't get any attack until the first half where he got a counter and scored a goal with it.
    So I changed my formation to 3-4-3, full pitch pressing, passes by flanks, hard attacking with offside trap.
    Well I was getting all of the attack and nothing was being scored until minute 80 where my midfielder scored a goal.
    The match ended and I drew. Facing this problem these days so I'm trying to change tactics to see which one fits best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jad Assaf View Post
    I once faced a team like that average 19. I am 28. The match started. Possession 70 for me with bonus of 15% possession.
    The opponent didn't get any attack until the first half where he got a counter and scored a goal with it.
    So I changed my formation to 3-4-3, full pitch pressing, passes by flanks, hard attacking with offside trap.
    Well I was getting all of the attack and nothing was being scored until minute 80 where my midfielder scored a goal.
    The match ended and I drew. Facing this problem these days so I'm trying to change tactics to see which one fits best.
    am in the same situation too
    interestingly i seen no answer yet from the game experts .. so like you am doing it try and error and learning everyday but sure some advice will help ..i want to keep possession but i want to have chances, i can see times goes by 20-30 min with no single chance .. all tries after tries been cut by opposite defenders

If your DC's are better than the loan striker, attack them with short passing through which ever area is your strongest and play O/S, just be a bit cautious if he has AM players. like in don't use O/S one AM is not to bad as long as your DMC is also faster.
    Depending on the type of MF he has you can also open up the defence, gives you a few more options to launch your counters from.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Quote Originally Posted by Accyrover View Post
    If your DC's are better than the loan striker, attack them with short passing through which ever area is your strongest and play O/S, just be a bit cautious if he has AM players. like in don't use O/S one AM is not to bad as long as your DMC is also faster.
    Depending on the type of MF he has you can also open up the defence, gives you a few more options to launch your counters from.
    thanks for the reply
    by a better player? how much better is enough? sure 25 CB against 23 ST is dangerous , so my guess ST should be 19 or 20 for example
    so the DM need to be fast/good to catch the AM? they often don't have one though and only one ST and my DM is one of the best
    problem is how to stop them countering, i never used Offside trap and often add a blue arrow to one of my best CBs .. is there anything else i can do, bcz it seem most of the times, bcz they have too many bodies in mid they manage more often to cut my build up and send long balls to the lonely ST which generate thus more counter runs by the engine

Hard to say as people assign skill points differently if your DC has 25 in defence and the ST has 25 in attack you need to check the P/M for their speed, I would not recommend trying it on if your DC is 24 and the ST 22/23. Approx 1% better are not good odds in a race.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Quote Originally Posted by Accyrover View Post
    Hard to say as people assign skill points differently if your DC has 25 in defence and the ST has 25 in attack you need to check the P/M for their speed, I would not recommend trying it on if your DC is 24 and the ST 22/23. Approx 1% better are not good odds in a race.
    indeed